PDA

View Full Version : I converted an evangelical! woo hoo

TheJeffersonian
05-22-2011, 10:25 PM
My dad, who was a die-hard Huckabee evangelical conservative is now supporting Ron. All I did was mention some of the more sinister aspects of the Federal Reserve system in a couple of short notes on facebook and he started reading himself... I spoke with him today and he was ranting about international bankers. haha. He said he will work to convert his friends too in NC.

He did have one bit of advice for Ron's campaigners... BUMPER STICKERS. He mentioned in 08 North Carolina was covered in Obama bumper stickers. Obama took the state that year, largely thanks to conservatives staying home and people being fired up about Obama the Exhaulted One.

Anyway, it seems like its just a matter of hitting the right nerve with people and getting at their anger with bad governance. Dad would otherwise be backing Palin, FYI.

Wesker1982
05-22-2011, 10:30 PM
Nice! :cool:

realtonygoodwin
05-22-2011, 10:48 PM
Good job. I am an evangelical RP supporter too!

armenia4ever
12-05-2011, 07:50 PM
Maybe we should all just get 50 or so Ron Paul bumperstickers and give them out to friends of ours.

Andrewski
12-20-2011, 12:27 PM
Maybe we should all just get 50 or so Ron Paul bumperstickers and give them out to friends of ours.
I've done just that - if you can't afford to buy in bulk from the campaign, you can get mass quantities at less than $1 per sticker (sometimes less than .50 per sticker) and I've got about 3 left, after giving away 20 of mine to new Ron Paul converts.

griblets
01-19-2012, 12:39 PM
Please share the notes you used. I have two evangelicals (dad and uncle) that were Huckabee supporters, and are currently supporting Gingrich (how do evangelicals support him??!!). They like RP's fiscal conservatism, but not his foreign policy or social issues.

SeanSerritella
01-26-2012, 02:26 PM
I posted this at different evangelical forums, yahoo contributor network and another website where you make your own story but no one would post it. The conditions I have are true.

I've had an epiphany recently. It was great. It was one of the greatest things that has ever happened to me.

I have many different illnesses. I've wondered if there really was a god and why he would endow me with such difficulties in my life. I have lupus which has given me heart failure.

I was lying in my bed and I couldn't breathe. I've never had a heart attack before but I felt that I was having one at this time. I called the ambulance and they came and brought me to the hospital.

While I was at the hospital, laying on the gurney, I blacked out.

The next thing I know, I was rising above my bed and floating. I looked up and saw magic. There were bright lights every where. It was the most beautiful scene I have ever witnessed. Beautiful music started to play. I heard horns making wonderful sounds. White clouds meshed with blue appeared from the lights. I saw the most beautiful people come out from the clouds.

Rainbows appeared and I felt like a little kid again. I didn't feel pain anymore. Over one of the rainbows a man with a brown beard with very pretty eyes approached me. It was Jesus! I couldn't believe how good looking this man was!

He told me, "I'm sending you down. You're not ready yet. I want you to give the message to every one you know that Ron Paul is the "one." He's the presidential candidate who can save human civilization. Pass this message on I gave you."

Thank you Jesus. Thank you for turning me to the R3VOLution

UMULAS
02-03-2012, 06:02 PM
I posted this at different evangelical forums, yahoo contributor network and another website where you make your own story but no one would post it. The conditions I have are true.

I've had an epiphany recently. It was great. It was one of the greatest things that has ever happened to me.

I have many different illnesses. I've wondered if there really was a god and why he would endow me with such difficulties in my life. I have lupus which has given me heart failure.

I was lying in my bed and I couldn't breathe. I've never had a heart attack before but I felt that I was having one at this time. I called the ambulance and they came and brought me to the hospital.

While I was at the hospital, laying on the gurney, I blacked out.

The next thing I know, I was rising above my bed and floating. I looked up and saw magic. There were bright lights every where. It was the most beautiful scene I have ever witnessed. Beautiful music started to play. I heard horns making wonderful sounds. White clouds meshed with blue appeared from the lights. I saw the most beautiful people come out from the clouds.

Rainbows appeared and I felt like a little kid again. I didn't feel pain anymore. Over one of the rainbows a man with a brown beard with very pretty eyes approached me. It was Jesus! I couldn't believe how good looking this man was!

He told me, "I'm sending you down. You're not ready yet. I want you to give the message to every one you know that Ron Paul is the "one." He's the presidential candidate who can save human civilization. Pass this message on I gave you."

Thank you Jesus. Thank you for turning me to the R3VOLution

Please tell me your not lying!

Johnny Appleseed
02-03-2012, 06:14 PM
To be "evangelical" means you are someone that wins people to Christ how many has your dad won? Evangelicals should be all about jewels in the crown which is why I don't understand why they have to mess around in politics

UMULAS
02-03-2012, 06:19 PM
Because some evangelicals are famous enough that can have influence even though they don't want to.For example, a famous pastor can get 15k for doing what he loves and he gets constant alerts from congress and presidential nominees, it's not that he/she wants to, it's just the system.

centure7
02-03-2012, 07:09 PM
RE: "I converted an evangelical"

What religion did you convert him to? I hope it was a good one :D