PDA

View Full Version : The Campaign Needs to Sell The RP Brand

anaconda
05-22-2011, 10:05 PM
I hope Ron at this moment has some top notch Madison Avenue ad firms going to work on super slick ads. They need to sell Ron Paul to mostly low information voters, which are the vast majority. The campaign simply needs to reinvent the public image of Ron Paul and sell the brand like dog food, Lexus, or Pepsi. Lots of emotion, glitz, style, with just a little bit of information. Educating the voters is a small part as I see it. I think this approach will crush the education approach in terms of votes. I wonder about the cost, however. Does anyone else think that we'll get tons more votes with this approach? Ron has the facts and the record on his side, but we can't cause political epiphanies in the millions of voters we need. We just need to sell the brand. We need to stop floundering with the medias treatment of Ron and simply take control with a monster advertizing promotion plan. Then try to fund it as much as possible.

Madison Avenue, home of the advertizing industry:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/63/Madison_Ave_NYC_looking_nor.jpg/300px-Madison_Ave_NYC_looking_nor.jpg

trey4sports
05-22-2011, 10:09 PM
Yeah, i agree. He needs to be packaged well

anaconda
05-22-2011, 10:13 PM
Yeah, i agree. He needs to be packaged well

The only "packaging" he currently has is the kook label that the main stream media has applied at the will of the elites. Terrific advertizing could completely turn that around. No?

sailingaway
05-22-2011, 10:32 PM
Yeah. To those who have dismissed him, to get them to take a fresh look.

anaconda
05-22-2011, 10:38 PM
Yeah. To those who have dismissed him, to get them to take a fresh look.

And even more to those who really don't know anything about Ron. Except that they heard he's "kinda nutty."

Maximus
05-22-2011, 10:48 PM
See Rand Paul campaign, all those ads were great.

anaconda
05-22-2011, 11:10 PM
See Rand Paul campaign, all those ads were great.

I was thinking even a notch or two above Rand's ads.

sailingaway
05-22-2011, 11:23 PM
I was thinking even a notch or two above Rand's ads.

This is going to be an expensive campaign. Rand's ads would do for me through Iowa's straw poll, then we might have new donors. Up to the campaign though, I don't know how much they are raking in.

Also, a PAC would be great for this.

anaconda
05-22-2011, 11:39 PM
This is going to be an expensive campaign. Rand's ads would do for me through Iowa's straw poll, then we might have new donors. Up to the campaign though, I don't know how much they are raking in.

Also, a PAC would be great for this.

This is where that friendly anonymous billionaire could come in handy.

ForLibertyFight
05-22-2011, 11:59 PM
bump

Jay Tea
05-23-2011, 01:33 AM
The most disappointing aspect of the past four years of American politics has, to me, been Ron Paul's marketing. Quite frankly, it's been horrible. I'm not trying to blame Ron - nationwide campaigns are such behemoths that he might not have actually had much impact on the variables that have shaped his public image. But I can't tell you how many times I've sat there and spent some time thinking about how even a merely decent PR agency could have dramatically improved how Ron is perceived by the general public.

anaconda
05-23-2011, 02:36 AM
The most disappointing aspect of the past four years of American politics has, to me, been Ron Paul's marketing. Quite frankly, it's been horrible. I'm not trying to blame Ron - nationwide campaigns are such behemoths that he might not have actually had much impact on the variables that have shaped his public image. But I can't tell you how many times I've sat there and spent some time thinking about how even a merely decent PR agency could have dramatically improved how Ron is perceived by the general public.

I think there's still time to do this image modification, since not many people know much about him. If they have the money. But time's a wastin'.

Live_Free_Or_Die
05-23-2011, 02:42 AM
I envision Train USA barreling past the camera all decked out in red, white, and blue. Up ahead the statist infastructure bridge is crumbling. The train passes a younger Ron Paul who could not throw the switch in time, a middle aged Ron Paul who could not throw the switch in time, an older Ron Paul who could not throw the switch in time, until finally a wise old Paul in his 70's throws the switch at the last moment causing Train USA to turn around averting a disaster...

Aratus
05-23-2011, 12:50 PM
Mr D. Trump sounding sorta birther done got NBC
to ask for MORE "celeb apprentice" episodes...???
lets think AuH2o as be more GOP logical on this all!

Eric21ND
05-23-2011, 04:01 PM
If Rand's people do the ads we'll be fine. I'd also like to see some grassroots youtubes made into ads. We should get them played in movie theaters as well as broadcast tv.

Romulus
05-23-2011, 06:59 PM
Get Rands ad team - that is Winning right there.