PDA

View Full Version : Herman Cain Did not have a good day today.

angelatc
05-22-2011, 08:17 PM
His interview on Fox indicated he doesn't know much about the Israeli situation, and he is already flip-flopping on raising the debt ceiling. (Fine thing for a TEA Party candidate to say.)

The Humble Libertarian (http://www.humblelibertarian.com/2011/05/herman-cains-foreign-policy.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+HumbleLibertarian+%28The+Humb le+Libertarian%29) has a nice rundown on his gaffe on Israel.

The Right Scoop (http://www.therightscoop.com/herman-cain-my-plan-to-not-raise-the-debt-ceiling-wont-work/) has a bit about the debt ceiling flip flop.

HarryBrowneLives
05-22-2011, 09:24 PM
Ah. It finally rears it's head. Love the debt ceiling flop.

Badger Paul
05-22-2011, 09:30 PM
Were there really 10,000 people in Atlanta for his campaign kick-off? Or where they just people milling around in Olympic Park that AJC just happened to include.

angelatc
05-22-2011, 09:39 PM
Some guy somewhere else: (http://www.americanthinker.com/2011/05/rock_you_like_a_hermancain.html)

So while that idea may seem fanciful to the pundits and the mainstream media (and of course beltway bubbled conservatives like Charles Krauthammer), the impressive size and staggering energy of the 15 thousand folks at Olympic Centennial Park gave the rally the feel of a winning movement. Sure, I am hardly objective. However, as a veteran of political rallies and campaigns off and on since 1980 -- and a sometimes operative since 1992 -- I do not reach that conclusion lightly. Frankly, I've never been to a political event that had this energy. The closest thing I can think of to describe it was the televised introduction of Sarah Palin in September of 2008 and a Reagan rally I attended in 1980 in Columbia, S.C.

Gee - anybody want to bet whose rallies he's never attended?

Screw it. Let them nominate this guy, and let him lose to Obama. If they can't figure out that they can't win without us, then let them keep losing.

sailingaway
05-22-2011, 10:19 PM
I'm more worried about Bachmann. She's been acting coy but already has tea party legislator endorsements apparently in Iowa. She's going to hit the ground hard. I don't think she'll have legs, but through Iowa, definitely, and that takes a base Ron could have in her absence.... not all of it, but a chunk of it.

anaconda
05-22-2011, 10:30 PM
I could tell he was not a knowledgeable candidate in the debate. Not sure why anyone else may have thought so.

kahless
05-22-2011, 10:47 PM
I could tell he was not a knowledgeable candidate in the debate. Not sure why anyone else may have thought so.

I do not think anyone else thinks so. Looks to me like he has been completely manufactured by the establishment. The media and establishment needs their own "maverick" rather than risk real maverick like Paul gaining in the polls or worse for them winning the nomination.

JohnGalt1225
05-23-2011, 05:50 AM
Herman Cain can never give a straight concrete answer about anything. It's always *folksy platitude* *witty saying* *big smile* *I'll form a committee* *I'll get back to you.*

Badger Paul
05-23-2011, 06:01 AM
The author of the piece is full of it. There was no "Tea Party" takeover of Wisconsin. The candidates who won in 2010 were establishment backed . The real "Tea Party" candidates lost in the primaries. But I will admit Prebius is very good about making look that way.

angelatc
05-23-2011, 06:18 AM

I think that the people are hearing what they desperately want to hear. Just the same way Obama got into office.

Badger Paul
05-23-2011, 06:21 AM
Or they may be thnking "Hey, let's run a black guy against Obama and prove we're not racists." Call it the Alan Keyes strategy. Well, you saw how well that worked.

hillertexas
05-23-2011, 07:22 AM
Ouch! Painful interview on FOX Sunday! Im suddenly not that worried about DoughBoy. :)

angelatc
05-23-2011, 08:03 AM
I think that the people are hearing what they desperately want to hear. Just the same way Obama got into office.

Absolutely. I've seen several people listing one of Cain's positives as, "IF we vote for him, they can't accuse us of being racists any more!" (Uhm.....)

Romulus
05-23-2011, 12:50 PM
Herman Cain can never give a straight concrete answer about anything. It's always *folksy platitude* *witty saying* *big smile* *I'll form a committee* *I'll get back to you.*

It's always some 3 or 4 step vague program to fix that problem. lol

No1ButPaul08
05-23-2011, 01:28 PM
It's always some 3 or 4 step vague program
to fix that problem. lol

Don't you know he has a plan to have a plan?

This is good, and definitely a flip-flop, and I will add it to the Herman Cain File when I get time, hopefully later tonight. The only problem is there really isn't a money quote. It's kind of a long answer that ends up being a flip-flop.