PDA

View Full Version : Sarah Palin Would it be good for us if Sarah Palin runs for President?

The Dark Knight
05-22-2011, 07:21 PM
If she runs for President it may cause a split between her and Michelle Bachman supporters. Especially in a place like Iowa it may help us. What do you think ? If Sarah Palin runs is it a good thing for Ron Paul?

Sola_Fide
05-22-2011, 07:23 PM
I think it is a good thing. I hope she runs and picks up more of Ron's talking points.

FrankRep
05-22-2011, 07:25 PM
No, Sarah Palin will take a large percentage of Tea Party voters.

When she drops out (she will), she'll endorse Herman Cain. Herman Cain will endorse Mitt Romney (http://classic-web.archive.org/web/20080410165959/www.northstarwriters.com/hc098.htm) when he drops out.

Paulatized
05-22-2011, 07:31 PM
When she drops out (she will), she'll endorse Herman Cain.

Why do you think this?

FrankRep
05-22-2011, 07:35 PM
Why do you think this?

Herman Cain is a Tea Party favorite and is viewed as a no-nonsense Conservative insider. Sarah Palin will eat that up.

Sarah Palin won't endorse Ron Paul, I'm sorry to break it to you.

The Dark Knight
05-22-2011, 07:39 PM
I think its only a good thing if she and Bachmann stay in all the way through the primaries. split up the votes. otherwise its a bad thing

JK/SEA
05-22-2011, 07:43 PM
I'm not 100% convinced she wouldn't endorse Ron. I'm just not sure i would want her to.

FrankRep
05-22-2011, 07:55 PM
I think its only a good thing if she and Bachmann stay in all the way through the primaries. split up the votes. otherwise its a bad thing
She won't. She will drop out and endorse someone.

sailingaway
05-22-2011, 10:22 PM
Maybe. She might keep Bachmann from taking off in Iowa, which is my concern, since we really want a big showing in Iowa. Unfortunately either of them has the same impact on drawing a bunch Ron might otherwise get in Iowa, which isn't a key state only for Bachmann.

sailingaway
05-22-2011, 10:24 PM
No, Sarah Palin will take a large percentage of Tea Party voters.

When she drops out (she will), she'll endorse Herman Cain. Herman Cain will endorse Mitt Romney (http://classic-web.archive.org/web/20080410165959/www.northstarwriters.com/hc098.htm) when he drops out.

I don't think so. He's too TARP/FED tainted and if she drops out it would be to go back to Fox and she wouldn't want to tarnish her tea party appeal, I would think.

Aratus
05-23-2011, 11:14 AM
she has 2012, 2016 and 2020 to weigh as factors

mitt romney had better plunge in fast or not at all

these GOP people are avoiding obama's poll numbers

ron paul runs on the issues totally & only (not gallup!)

pauladin
05-23-2011, 11:17 AM
i think sarah palin and mike huckabee are going to play kingmaker for herman cain. i'm calling it right now.

anaconda
05-23-2011, 04:01 PM
I think it will be a good thing. We are in this to get Ron Paul the GOP nomination. But it is smart to examine your next chess move. Though Ron is not addressing it yet (too much, but I was listening carefully and I think he actually has addressed it slightly) but I believe he may very well accept the Libertarian nomination if he does not secure the GOP nomination. There are multiple strategic reasons that I see this as a likely outcome and strategy. This is not 2008 and I think Ron is at war now to change the GOP. I think Ron may be able to hand the POTUS back to Obama and essentially make it seem like the old GOP's fault for not being good patriotic citizens. This is a monumental leverage of power. If we have maximum discussion in the debates about small government from people like Palin, Bachmann, Johnson, etc., in addition to Ron, then we grow the movement in general. It is possible that a GOP neocon voter who has a light bulb go on because of something Palin says may ultimately cast their vote for Dr. Paul. One way or another. Keep in mind that if the GOP takes the White House with a neocon or RINO then Rand or some other liberty candidate will likely be out of the picture for years and years - perhaps forever. I'm guessing that Ron has considered this. If Ron fails to get the nomination then he may do everything possible thereafter to make sure that there is another contested Republican primary in 2016 (which means preventing the neocons from winning in 2012).

South Park Fan
05-23-2011, 04:14 PM
I think it will be a good thing. We are in this to get Ron Paul the GOP nomination. But it is smart to examine your next chess move. Though Ron is not addressing it yet (too much, but I was listening carefully and I think he actually has addressed it slightly) but I believe he may very well accept the Libertarian nomination if he does not secure the GOP nomination. There are multiple strategic reasons that I see this as a likely outcome and strategy. This is not 2008 and I think Ron is at war now to change the GOP. I think Ron may be able to hand the POTUS back to Obama and essentially make it seem like the old GOP's fault for not being good patriotic citizens. This is a monumental leverage of power. If we have maximum discussion in the debates about small government from people like Palin, Bachmann, Johnson, etc., in addition to Ron, then we grow the movement in general. It is possible that a GOP neocon voter who has a light bulb go on because of something Palin says may ultimately cast their vote for Dr. Paul. One way or another. Keep in mind that if the GOP takes the White House with a neocon or RINO then Rand or some other liberty candidate will likely be out of the picture for years and years - perhaps forever. I'm guessing that Ron has considered this. If Ron fails to get the nomination then he may do everything possible thereafter to make sure that there is another contested Republican primary in 2016 (which means preventing the neocons from winning in 2012).

Such a third-party move would likely cause neocons to attack the messenger and thus discredit the movement. For example, Nader's run largely failed to make the Democratic Party less corporatist, but simply made himself into a whipping boy for everything bad that Bush did (even though Gore would have done most of those things anyway)

anaconda
05-23-2011, 05:04 PM
Such a third-party move would likely cause neocons to attack the messenger and thus discredit the movement. For example, Nader's run largely failed to make the Democratic Party less corporatist, but simply made himself into a whipping boy for everything bad that Bush did (even though Gore would have done most of those things anyway)

The Dems weren't experiencing a large passionate movement to the left of their party. Plus I think despite the babblings of DINO pundits, Nader sent a strong message that there is grave danger in letting your party drift to a homogenous center. I think Nader is a wonderful man and did the right thing. I doubt that I am the only one. Of course third party candidates will be vilified by whomever feels they are being abandoned. But I don't think that's sufficient reason to stop chipping away at this two headed monster. Plus, I don't think Ron is trolling the forums to decide if he runs 3rd party. I think whatever his game plan is it's pretty well set up already. My guess is that he will indeed accept the Libertarian nomination if he fails to get the GOP nomination. He will be able to spin it quite convincingly and patriotically. I don't recall people bitching and moaning that Perot was abandoning their party, for example.

South Park Fan
05-23-2011, 11:04 PM
The Dems weren't experiencing a large passionate movement to the left of their party. Plus I think despite the babblings of DINO pundits, Nader sent a strong message that there is grave danger in letting your party drift to a homogenous center. I think Nader is a wonderful man and did the right thing. I doubt that I am the only one. Of course third party candidates will be vilified by whomever feels they are being abandoned. But I don't think that's sufficient reason to stop chipping away at this two headed monster. Plus, I don't think Ron is trolling the forums to decide if he runs 3rd party. I think whatever his game plan is it's pretty well set up already. My guess is that he will indeed accept the Libertarian nomination if he fails to get the GOP nomination. He will be able to spin it quite convincingly and patriotically. I don't recall people bitching and moaning that Perot was abandoning their party, for example.

I respect Nader as well; I was merely pointing out that such as decision does not come without the risk of moving two steps backward.