PDA

View Full Version : Freedomworks talking about drafting Paul Ryan -- so much for that group

sailingaway
05-22-2011, 05:29 PM
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0511/55454.html

But will Ryan — young, handsome, articulate and committed — succumb to the temptation? Probably not.

He all but shut the door on a 2012 presidential run during an interview on NBC’s “Meet the Press” Sunday.

“I’m not running for president,” he told David Gregory. “It’s not my plan. My plan is to be a good chairman of the House Budget Committee and fight for the fiscal sanity of this nation. … You never know what opportunities present themselves way down the road — I’m not talking about right now. And I want to focus on fixing the fiscal problems of this country.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0511/55454.html#ixzz1N7wE5BW4

ItsTime
05-22-2011, 05:48 PM
But will Ryan — young, handsome, articulate, big government, neo-conservative and committed — succumb to the temptation? Probably not.

He all but shut the door on a 2012 presidential run during an interview on NBC’s “Meet the Press” Sunday.

“I’m not running for president,” he told David Gregory. “It’s not my plan. My plan is to be a good chairman of the House Budget Committee and fight for the fiscal sanity of this nation. … You never know what opportunities present themselves way down the road — I’m not talking about right now. And I want to focus on fixing the fiscal problems of this country.”

Fixed it for them.

HarryBrowneLives
05-22-2011, 06:47 PM
Freedomworks works to draft Paul - Ryan ... well they got it half right.

HOLLYWOOD
05-22-2011, 07:00 PM
Dick Armey, Freedom Works, Patriot Action Network, Resistnet are all NEOCON Fascist fronts, well organized by the Washington DC establishment and Money Masters.

Yeah, I caught "MEET THE MESS" on NBC this morning, more of the weekly dose of Sunday Morning PROPAGANDA to steer and fool the viewing audiences.

PAUL RYAN stated clearly and repeatedly... he is not running under any circumstance for the 2012 presidential throne. This is the NEOCONS/Establishment masters diluting current candidates and their message/visibility.

sofia
05-22-2011, 07:40 PM
Paul Rino as I like to call him.

FreedomProsperityPeace
05-23-2011, 03:49 PM
Dick Armey was on CNBC this morning, talking about Pawlenty "making himself the man we need him to be"! It's confusing why they are looking past Ron Paul, especially since he has spoken at FreedomWorks events. :confused: He even called the field "slim pickings". :rolleyes:

(3:03)
http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video=3000023307

IPSecure
05-23-2011, 04:28 PM
In his last legislative effort, Armey was named chairman of the House Select Committee on Homeland Security and was the primary sponsor of the legislation that created the Department of Homeland Security.

At the start of 2003, Armey joined the Washington office of the law firm DLA Piper (formerly DLA Piper Rudnick Gray Cary) as a senior policy advisor. Armey was also the firm's co-chairman of its Homeland Security Task Force.
Link (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dick_Armey)

How many law firms have their own Homeland Security Taskforce?

Is Homeland InSecurity involved in the co-opt of the 'Tea Parties'?

trey4sports
05-23-2011, 04:30 PM
be patient, grasshoppers. As soon as we win Iowa these groups will fall in line...

Lucille
05-23-2011, 04:32 PM
I link to this every time his name comes up:

Does Paul Ryan’s Record Match His Rhetoric? (http://wi.rlc.org/2010/08/paul-ryans-record/)

Paul Ryan on Bailouts and Government Stimuli
-Voted YES on TARP (2008)
-Voted YES on Economic Stimulus HR 5140 (2008)
-Voted YES on $15B bailout for GM and Chrysler. (Dec 2008)
-Voted YES on $192B additional anti-recession stimulus spending. (Jul 2009)

Paul Ryan on Entitlement Programs
-Voted YES on limited prescription drug benefit for Medicare recipients. (Nov 2003)
-Voted YES on providing $70 million for Section 8 Housing vouchers. (Jun 2006)
-Voted YES on extending unemployment benefits from 39 weeks to 59 weeks. (Oct 2008)
-Voted YES on Head Start Act (2007)

Paul Ryan on Education
Rep. Ryan went along with the Bush Administration in supporting more federal involvement in education. This is contrary to the traditional Republican position, which included support for abolition of the Department of Education and decreasing federal involvement in education.

-Voted YES on No Child Left Behind Act (2001)

Paul Ryan on Civil Liberties
-Voted YES on federalizing rules for driver licenses to hinder terrorists. (Feb 2005)
-Voted YES on making the PATRIOT Act permanent. (Dec 2005)
-Voted YES on allowing electronic surveillance without a warrant. (Sep 2006)

Paul Ryan on War and Intervention Abroad
-Voted YES on authorizing military force in Iraq. (Oct 2002)
-Voted YES on emergency $78B for war in Iraq & Afghanistan. (Apr 2003)
-Voted YES on declaring Iraq part of War on Terror with no exit date. (Jun 2006)
-Voted NO on redeploying US troops out of Iraq starting in 90 days. (May 2007)

Congressman Ryan supports the United Nations, the World Trade Organization, federal bailouts, increased federal involvement in education, unconstitutional and undeclared wars, Medicare Part D (a multi trillion dollar unfunded liability), stimulus spending, and foreign aid.

According to Michelle Malkin in 2009, “[Paul Ryan] gave one of the most hysterical speeches in the rush to pass TARP last fall; voted for the auto bailout; and voted with the Barney Frank-Nancy Pelosi AIG bonus-bashing stampede. Milwaukee blogger Nick Schweitzer wrote: ‘He ought to be apologizing for his previous votes, not pretending he was being responsible the entire time, but I don’t see one bit of regret for what he did previously. And I’ll be damned if I’m going to let him get away with it’.”

Congressman Ryan: if you don’t like debt, stop voting for debt.