PDA

View Full Version : Bloomberg Names Ron Paul & Newt as "Well Known Republicans" Who Have Announced

bobbyw24
05-22-2011, 05:06 PM
Among well-known Republicans, former U.S. House Speaker Newt Gingrich of Georgia and U.S. Representative Ron Paul of Texas have both formally announced their candidacies. Romney, who has led in some early polls, has filed paperwork with the Federal Election Commission to raise money for a potential bid, as has former U.S. Senator Rick Santorum of Pennsylvania.

Other potential candidates include former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin and Representative Michele Bachmann of Minnesota, both favorites of the Tea Party movement.

Herman Cain, the former chairman and chief executive officer of Godfather’s Pizza Inc., and former New Mexico Governor Gary Johnson also have declared their candidacies. And former Louisiana Governor Buddy Roemer, a Democrat-turned- Republican, has formed an exploratory committee.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-05-22/indiana-republican-governor-mitch-daniels-says-he-won-t-run-for-president.html

sailingaway
05-22-2011, 05:07 PM
Well, that's kinda hard to deny given where his name recognition is....but I'm still glad he was included in the heavy hitter category. Not everyone is doing that, even still.

Maximus
05-22-2011, 05:11 PM
Slowly but surely

DjLoTi
05-22-2011, 05:16 PM
omg, are you kidding me? This is a horrible article. It was mega-long and super boring. I had to scroll through that ENTIRE webpage just to read a blip about Ron Paul announcing? Nextttt

s35wf
05-22-2011, 08:19 PM
NO not the Newt :)