PDA

View Full Version : My Letter to Editor feel free to use it if you wish...

jazzloversinc
05-22-2011, 11:20 AM
"These are the times the try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of this country; but he that stands by it now deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph." Thomas Paine

Heading into another election cycle, the Republicans have a unique opportunity to make Mr. Obama a one term president.

According to recent polls, Ron Paul is the only possible candidate to beat Obama. The only thing stopping him is his own party.

In 2007, Dr. Ron Paul was relatively unknown. His ideas of a return to the Constitution, sound money, less taxes and non - interventionism had been forgotten, even though they have been the ideal since the days of the Continental Congress. Dr. Paul was called "extreme", "quirky" and a "kook" by , so called, conservative talking heads and his own party.

Dr. Paul predicted the housing bubble bust and another depression and was mocked by economists, so called conservative talking heads in the likes of Bill O'Reilly and Sean Hannity, and his own party.

When the event happened in 2007 as Dr. Paul predicted, the nation had to take notice. Dr. Paul has been on news network shows hundreds of times. He has bee the most requested speaker in congress at home and abroad. Ron Paul has become a household name.

Imagine my dismay when Ron Paul announced his candidacy for the 2012 Presidential race to hear from my fellow conservatives the same ephits that wer thrown at Dr. Paul in 2007. "He can't win." "He's too extreme!" "He's a kook!". It doesn't seem like the Republicans have learned much in four years. Many have said, "I like his ideas but he's an isolationist."

Ron Paul , like the Founders, is a non - interventionist. THere is a difference in isolationism and non interventionism. Non interventionism is the diplomatic policy whereby a nation seeks to avoid alliences with other nations in order to avoid being drawn into wars not related to direct territorial self - defense, but are open to trade, travel and honest friendship. Isolationism is a foreign policy adopted by a notion in which the country refuses to enter into any alliences, foreign trade or economic commitments or international agreements in hopes of focusing all it's resources into advancement within it's own borders while remaining at peace with foreign countries by avoiding ALL entanglements of foreign agreements.

I frequently ask my fellow Constitutional Conservatives to point out in the document where the Central government has the power to go nation building, spreading "democracy" or sending non constitutional agencies such a the CIA to unseat foreign leaders because they threaten "America's interests."

Here's what some of the Founders said about entangling alliences:

"No nation can preserve its freedom in the midst of continual warfare." James Madison

"It is our true policy to steer clear of entangling alliences with any portion of the foreign world." George Washington

"Peace, commerce, and honest friendship with all nations...entangling alliences with none." Thomas Jefferson

"Wherever the standard of freedom and independence has been or shall be unfurled; there will be AMerica's heart, benedictions and her prayers. But she does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vendicator only of her own." John Quincy Adams

Conservatives tell me "but this is a different world and the Founders didn't forsee..yadda, yadda yadda..." I say "You sound like a democrat." Either you honor the Founders and the Constitution or you don't.

Republicans also tell me that Ron Paul is an anti semite, yet , here are his words concerning Israel. "Unlike the President (Obama), I do not believe it is our place to dictate how Israel runs her affairs. There can only be peace in the region if those sides work out their differences among one another. We should respect Israel's sovereignty and not try to dictate her policy from Washington."

Republicans finally resort to this :"He's too short." "He's too old." "He doesn't look presidential." in their last desperate gasp to make excuses for not supporting the one true Constitutional Statesman that would turn this country around to freedom and liberty.

Republicans! Will you be summer soldiers and sunshine patriots, or will you stand for real change by supporting Ron Paul? If you do not make the right decision this time, you deserve four more years of Barack Obama--but those of us who have woken up do not deserve it.

jazzloversinc
05-22-2011, 11:28 AM

jazzloversinc
05-22-2011, 06:34 PM

jazzloversinc
05-23-2011, 01:44 PM
It would be nice if someone would actually read my letter.

westkyle
05-23-2011, 03:25 PM
TLDR

In all seriousness, I like it. Spread it around?

Mahkato
05-23-2011, 03:29 PM
Did this get published? My paper has a 275 word limit. It sucks, but getting down to that word count really makes you carefully consider your thoughts.

Paulatized
05-23-2011, 03:58 PM
Thanks for sharing. I have been thinking of doing the same thing and I will keep the points made in your letter in mind.

raystone
10-12-2011, 10:16 AM
Our paper has a 250 word limit. I would like to see a good letter I could send in with that word limit.

Letters to the editor are a powerful, no cost method to personally reach thousands of voters, and various letters can be sent in by several individuals in a community to keep the Ron Paul message front and center.