PDA

View Full Version : What should I ask Giuliani?

FluffyUnbound
10-28-2007, 07:49 AM
I'm going to hit a Giuliani Town Hall event today.

What question should I ask him?

Or should I just laugh uproariously whenever he tries to answer a question?

Dustancostine
10-28-2007, 07:52 AM
Ask him how he is going to uphold the 2nd admendment. That congress shall pass no law.

born2drv
10-28-2007, 07:55 AM
Ask him why he decided to run as a republican instead of a democrat since he's such a social liberal ;)

cujothekitten
Ask him about this

"In a recent broadside deriding the Clinton administration's response to Al Qaeda, Rudy Giuliani told an audience at Pat Robertson's Regent University: "Bin Laden declared war on us. We didn't hear it. I thought it was pretty clear at the time, but a lot of people didn't see it, couldn't see it." Other tenets of his standard stump speech include the assertion that he's been "studying terrorism" for more than 30 years, and that "the thing that distinguishes me on terrorism is that I have more experience in dealing with it" than the other presidential candidates.

However, in private testimony before the 9/11 Commission in 2004, Rudy gave a very different version of how much he knew about terrorism when the World Trade Center was attacked. That testimony isn't scheduled to be released publicly until after the 2008 presidential election, but the Voice has obtained a copy of it. And it reveals a New York mayor who was anything but an "expert on terrorism."
http://www.villagevoice.com/news/0743,barrett,78158,6.html

constituent
use his statements against him... find the particularly touchy ones and simply ask him to elaborate.

when people preface their question w/ a speech, they look like a jackass... no matter how
important their question is so you want to be very brief...

mr. ghoul, on the (X date) at (X event) you said, "(something about) freedom is authority (or something)." as an american, this seems like a foreign concept to me, could you elaborate on what you meant by that statement?

what would this authority look like day to day? are you talking about more police? more restrictions on speech/association? i'm just not really certain and it'd be great if you could clarify that for me, thanx.

or: if you don't wear any RP gear:

Mr. Guiliani, we know that 'radical islam' and the violence used as a means to its ends represent a substantial threat to the peace
and stability of the free world. However, I have yet to hear you speak on the threat that radical judaism and radical christianity
represent to the peace and stability of the free world. Considering your close ties w/ individuals like Podhoretz, should this
discriminatory stance, this singling out of one religion be something the American voter takes into consideration when
choosing to elect a Guiliani administration?

aspiringconstitutionalist
10-28-2007, 07:56 AM
should I just laugh uproariously whenever he tries to answer a question?

Absolutely not. Ron Paul supporters can't afford to show any sign of being disruptive or disrespectful, especially after all the bad press we've gotten lately on account of a few bad apples.

How about asking him how, specifically, the sections of the Patriot Act that give the government the authority to blatantly infringe upon personal liberty and privacy aren't unconstitutional?

aspiringconstitutionalist
10-28-2007, 07:58 AM
By the way, make sure you wear a Rudy 08 sticker and look really excited to see him when you raise your hand. He'll probably be more likely to call on you.

hornet
10-28-2007, 08:04 AM
i would love to ask him if he ever intends to stop using the tragedy of 911 to further his political ambitions.

literatim
10-28-2007, 08:05 AM
Ask him: "If Islamofascists hate the West for our freedoms and prosperity, why haven't they attacked Switzerland?"

constituent
10-28-2007, 08:07 AM
oh yea.... and remember that in this time of youtube.. a great video w/ a questioner who looks like the sane person (and speaks like the sane person) and asks a subtle but pointed question does much more to damage the speaker's credibility than does taking the opportunity to prove a point....

not that you would, but it's something i see too frequently and it converts an easy win into a clear loss.

JenHarris
10-28-2007, 08:09 AM
Ask him if he's going to treat foreign leaders who disagree with him the way he treats American citizens that disagree with him. (rude, dismissive or bullying)

constituent
10-28-2007, 08:10 AM
Ask him if he's going to treat foreign leaders who disagree with him the way he treats American citizens that disagree with him. (rude, dismissive or bullying)

but try not to be rude or dismissive/bullying about it. :D

Thom1776
10-28-2007, 08:13 AM
What kind of gown will you wear at your inauguration?

constituent
10-28-2007, 08:14 AM
ask him, "please mr. ghoul, don't put the country through any messy
divorces. if nothing else, stay together for the kids. can you vow to stay
married to the present mrs. ghoul for the entirety of your presidency"

but that would be rude.

angelatc
10-28-2007, 08:15 AM
What kind of gown will you wear at your inauguration?

LOL!!!

Ask him if he plans on banning ferrets on a national level.

FluffyUnbound
10-28-2007, 08:44 AM
I like the ferret question and the "When will you stop getting divorces?" question, and I like the Podhoretz question, but I'm leaning towards asking:

"Since your experience on 9/11 dealt mainly with disaster recovery, what experience do you have with all other aspects of the terrorist problem?"

Ninja Homer
10-28-2007, 09:01 AM
Ask him if he'll support Ron Paul when Ron Paul wins the Republican primary, or if he'll run 3rd party.

Thurston Howell III
10-28-2007, 09:06 AM
Ask him how we are paying for this war
Ask him how long he thinks we will be in Iraq
Ask him if he believes inflation is really 2%

amakris
10-28-2007, 09:07 AM
"Ask him if he'll support Ron Paul when Ron Paul wins the Republican primary, or if he'll run 3rd party."

Seconded.

ItsTime
10-28-2007, 09:25 AM
Make sure you wear a huckabee shirt

ItsTime
10-28-2007, 09:26 AM
LMAO do itttttttt

"Ask him if he'll support Ron Paul when Ron Paul wins the Republican primary, or if he'll run 3rd party."

Seconded.

KewlRonduderules
10-28-2007, 09:29 AM
**********This is what you ask him- You mentioned recently that you "foresaw the danger posed by al Qaeda before 9/11" but according the official documents it clearly states you were unaware of any danger posed by Al Qaeda prior to the attacks. Moreover, you were unware of the NYPD ComStat in 2004. If documents do indeed show this, how can you justify saying that you indeed foresaw any danger with Al Qeada?***********

Ask him that!!! It's professional and at the same time, poses a dilemma for him.

;)

ItsTime
10-28-2007, 09:31 AM
good question the only problem I see with it the question is too long and he will have you tased before you can get the whole question out :eek:

**********This is what you ask him- You mentioned recently that you "foresaw the danger posed by al Qaeda before 9/11" but according the official documents it clearly states you were unaware of any danger posed by Al Qaeda prior to the attacks. Moreover, you were unware of the NYPD ComStat in 2004. If documents do indeed show this, how can you justify saying that you indeed foresaw any danger with Al Qeada?***********

Ask him that!!! It's professional and at the same time, poses a dilemma for him.

;)

constitutional
10-28-2007, 09:34 AM

Seconded.

I agree!

Other questions, it seems, he will bs it.

JenHarris
10-28-2007, 09:37 AM
Ohh, I like that one better than mine :)

Ask him if he'll support Ron Paul when Ron Paul wins the Republican primary, or if he'll run 3rd party.

Suzu
10-28-2007, 10:07 AM
How about asking him how, specifically, the sections of the Patriot Act that give the government the authority to blatantly infringe upon personal liberty and privacy aren't unconstitutional?

He's probably got proper-sounding answers to this kind of question all worked out in advance. Even if the answer has holes big enough to fly to 757 through, the average person won't know it, and he'll cut off any attempt to follow up.

So instead, ask stuff that you know in advance he can't answer without looking foolish. Be sure it's bulletproof, too.

Suzu
10-28-2007, 10:15 AM
"Mr. Giuliani, with so many Americans becoming concerned with the prospect of losing our national sovereignty and the NAU, why is your firm representing CINTRA (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/022807dnmethighwaycontract.1187bfa.html) ? Is this not a conflict of interest when you are running for president at the same time as facilitating the takeover of our infrastructure by foreigners?"

nbhadja
10-28-2007, 10:23 AM
Ask him how he considers himself a conservative when he favoors amnest and rights for illegal immirgrants while conservatives hate illegal immigration.

paulpwns
10-28-2007, 10:25 AM
Ask him why he thinks Michael Scheur the leader of the CIA bin laden spy unit is wrong on foreign policy

RockEnds
10-28-2007, 10:30 AM
Ask him if his obsession with 9/11 is a political tactic, or if he suffers from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.

WillInMiami
10-28-2007, 10:57 AM

You should ask him to please shoot himself...

Bruehound
10-28-2007, 11:00 AM
Ask him:
Should you not win the nomination, which of your colleagues, sir, would you prefer to be tortured by?

james1906
10-28-2007, 11:10 AM
Ghoul, why does your own daughter support the candidacy of Barack Obama?

Ghoul, do you believe that you have the right to monitor my phone calls without a warrant?

I'd ask him about supporting Ron Paul, he'd think you'll be talking about RuPaul, and I'm sure the two of them share fashion tips.

jcbraithwaite7
10-28-2007, 11:21 AM
Ask him, "Mr. Guiliani, if you are unable to negotiate peace with your own children how will you be able to negotiate peace with other countries?"

Or say, "This isn't a question but a request... please say "Sally Silverman slipped on some spoiled spaghetti" and then pull out an umbrella. (ok so I shouldn't make fun of lisps but it is just one more thing about him that I can't stand)

lynnf
10-28-2007, 11:23 AM
ask him if he's plans on cross-dressing in the White House - especially in the Oval Office!

lynn

davidkachel
10-28-2007, 11:35 AM
You will only get one question and want to do the maximum damage to him with that question.
The gun issue makes and breaks Republican candidates and his views are decidedly anti-gun.

"Mr. Giuliani, how do you expect to get the Republican nomination and Republican votes when you have a decades-long proven history of being extremely anti-gun?"

TooConservative
10-28-2007, 11:44 AM
Don't forget your Nuke Iran Now t-shirt.

Then you can be a good neocon and he'll let you ask a question.

Ask him about those horrible reporters who are saying that he got his testimony before the 9/11 Commission sequestered until after November 2008. It's so unfair for anyone to bring that up.

Brian Bailey
10-28-2007, 11:45 AM
I like the ferret question and the "When will you stop getting divorces?" question, and I like the Podhoretz question, but I'm leaning towards asking:

"Since your experience on 9/11 dealt mainly with disaster recovery, what experience do you have with all other aspects of the terrorist problem?"

That's a great one.

Geronimo
10-28-2007, 12:03 PM
Ask him if he feels any guilt for using the remains of 9/11 victims to fill NYC potholes.
http://blogcritics.org/archives/2007/03/24/233829.php

Paul4Prez
10-28-2007, 12:05 PM
How about this:

Given your inability to attract any grassroots supporters, and your dismal showing in Republican straw polls nationwide, will you drop out of the race and endorse Ron Paul?

Brian4Liberty
10-28-2007, 12:10 PM
Ask him if his obsession with 9/11 is a political tactic, or if he suffers from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.

Hit that one on the head!

Some related questions:

- Because of 9/11, should we all live in constant fear?
- Why should the US be afraid of Iran?
- Why are you so afraid?
- Should the US drop bombs on everyone who scares you?
- Should irrational fear and paranoia be the primary motivation for US foriegn policy?

DJ RP
10-28-2007, 12:20 PM
How about this:

Given your inability to attract any grassroots supporters, and your dismal showing in Republican straw polls nationwide, will you drop out of the race and endorse Ron Paul?

Yes, or make it even more subtle

"Given your inability to attract any sizeable grassroots support, and your generally poor showing in Republican straw polls nationwide, will you drop out of the race and endorse Ron Paul or Mike Huckabee?"

Makes it seem like a genuine unbiased question, and I guarantee he'll find it hard to answer this one without coming off like a dick!

Oh please do it please!

JenHarris
10-28-2007, 12:31 PM
Make sure you have a video record in case he gets uppity or rude or worse!

TooConservative
10-28-2007, 01:06 PM
I hope our intrepid Ron Paul supporter knows that if Rudi wins the election, he'll be the first guy that gets waterboarded at Guantanomo.

Only a terrorist would dare to question Il Duce.

malibu
10-28-2007, 01:28 PM
Giuliani apparently said something to the effect that ads like moveon.org " should never be allowed in the political process again", according to the sidebar "For Us/Against Us" in the recent Rolling Stone article on McLame.

It is pretty much the same thing as Rudia's infamous "Freedom is About Authority" statement as mayor.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/story/16721264/mccains_last_stand/print

"If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy."
- James Madison

NewEnd
10-28-2007, 01:51 PM
Do you feel gun companies should be held responsible for crimes committed by their products?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zs5DxwzEXHQ

lx43
10-28-2007, 02:37 PM
Mr. Giuliani if you as a Presidential candiate can't get the endorsement of your own children why should the American people endorse you as their President? Certainly they must see some huge character flaws that you have.

LibertyOfOne
10-28-2007, 02:52 PM
Would be cool to have 10 Ron Paul supporter moles at one of his meetings.

max
10-28-2007, 02:57 PM
ask him if he's such a "conservative" , why he supported Mario Cuomo for Governor of NY State beacuse Cuomo is one of the most left wing Democrats in America.

Kandilynn
10-28-2007, 02:59 PM
I'm sure he has plenty of answers for the 9/11 questions, since he gets them often. And I would assume that if he realizes that you are there to make him look bad, he won't answer your question.

My question would be: "Our country is 9 trillion dollars in debt, and we borrow millions of dollars every day; what would you do as president to begin to get our country out of debt?"

TooConservative
10-28-2007, 03:05 PM
If he sics his guards on you, just remember to holler "Don't tase me, bro' ".

yaz
10-28-2007, 03:24 PM
If he sics his guards on you, just remember to holler "Don't tase me, bro' ".

rofl

quickmike
10-28-2007, 03:30 PM

Ask him a question first and THEN laugh when he answers.

vegetarianrpfan
10-28-2007, 03:32 PM
How about "You banned the ownership of ferrets in New York City and on a radio show, called anyone who would own a ferret mentally ill. The City Council wanted to allow ferrets, but you blocked their efforts to allow them. If elected President, would you ban the private ownership of ferrets? Secondly, since you consider owners of ferrets to be mentally ill, would you provide some type of federal mental health funding to those who do own ferrets and suffer from this terrible disease?"

----------------
Sorority Girl Gets Ron Paul License Plate
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtdaK1UPNkQ

Adamsa
10-28-2007, 03:44 PM
Don't act like an ass, but ask a question that you know he is weak on or is unexpected.

johngr
10-28-2007, 03:46 PM
Would you recommend heels of flats with this cocktail dress?

kalami
10-28-2007, 03:53 PM
Anyone see the newest Maher? Some guy on there threw out a couple of really good questions. Ask him if he'd have sex with a man to avert a terrorist disaster or if he would abort Osama given a chance to.

kmj.ronpaul
10-28-2007, 03:53 PM
>> My question would be: "Our country is 9 trillion dollars in debt, and we borrow millions of dollars every day; what would you do as president to begin to get our country out of debt?"

That's an excellent question for him. Unfortunately, I have heard him answer similar questions, and his answer is always, "Cut takthes. If our economy geths thronger, we don't have to worry about the debt." Yeah, right. As long as we assume 87% annual growth, we'll be fine! :(

FluffyUnbound
10-28-2007, 04:05 PM
These are all great questions, but I have to admit that I blew it.

With my wife's input, I had settled on the question, "Do you ever feel guilty about the money you made off of the dead of 9/11?" but I didn't get to ask it.

We went to Peterborough, NH and got there at about 1:10 for a 1:30 event. The Peterborough Town Hall is a beautiful little building, and pretty much a quintessential New England Town Hall. Unfortunately, the meeting room holding the event was up the central staircase, so we had to bag the stroller and try to hold the baby on our laps. That was not a good plan.

The room only had about 75 chairs, and until 1:30 they were about two-third's empty. Empty to the point that staffers were running around frantically moving college students into different chairs to make it look less empty. A lot of people came in right before the candidate [maybe from the previous event?] so MAYBE they ended up filling the room, but the attendance was really pathetic. [This guy is not going to be able to beat Hillary, because if Hillary shows her big toe anywhere in NH you can't get anywhere near the place because of hordes of admirers.]

The baby was just too crazy, though, without the stroller to contain him, so we couldn't stay. Sorry, I let everybody down, because with the number of people there I bet I would have been able to ask my question, and then get tased and have the whole thing be on the evening news.

constitutional
10-28-2007, 04:27 PM
"Do you ever feel guilty about the money you made off of the dead of 9/11?"

You are accusing him with out any evidence in that question. I'm glad you did not get a chance to ask.

But over all, I did not want Rudy to ridicule you. Watch this video. (http://youtube.com/watch?v=zT-ouQPgMmI)

vegetarianrpfan
10-28-2007, 07:15 PM
Rather than put it the way you were going to, just rephrase it.

"Hi Rudy, you've made hundreds of thousands of dollars from speaking engagements talking about 9/11. How much money have you personally donated to the families of the victims of 9/11?"

---------------------
Sorority Girl Gets Ron Paul License Plate
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtdaK1UPNkQ

walt
10-28-2007, 07:19 PM
"Hi Rudy, you've made hundreds of thousands of dollars from speaking engagements talking about 9/11. How much money have you personally donated to the families of the victims of 9/11?"

WOW, what a knockout punch.

ladyliberty
10-28-2007, 07:43 PM

WOW, what a knockout punch.

Best question ever! Just the pregnant pause at the end of your question would be telling enough, because I doubt if he has ever been asked that!

constituent
10-28-2007, 08:10 PM
The baby was just too crazy, though, without the stroller to contain him, so we couldn't stay. Sorry, I let everybody down, because with the number of people there I bet I would have been able to ask my question, and then get tased and have the whole thing be on the evening news.

don't apologize, clearly it was the kid's fault. :) (they're great though huh?)