PDA

View Full Version : Mitch Daniels is out

iamse7en
05-22-2011, 12:30 AM
http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/2011-05-22-mitch-daniels-republican-nomination_n.htm

I'm not sure why he was even considered - I mean, he was the budget guy under Bush! That's like giving the peace prize to a war-mongering, drone-attacking, assassination-ordering, tyrant. Ok, wait, maybe I'm not confused afterall. I'm curious to see what the PTB's play will be... They have so many options that will just keep the status quo: keep the wars and ponzi scheme going as long as possible. Fed will print tons of money before General Election, inflate numbers, Obama will do another great thing, most will lose the phony anger that was out there, Obama beats Romney, and a few years from now the dollar collapses, and then the Rapture comes. Hehe.

low preference guy
05-22-2011, 12:32 AM
Ok, wait, maybe I'm not confused afterall. I'm curious to see what the PTB's play will be... They have so many options that will just keep the status quo: keep the wars and ponzi scheme going as long as possible.

What about cancelling the Rep. primary and just letting Obama run unopposed. After all, most mainstream Republicans don't disagree with Obama on principle.

tsai3904
05-22-2011, 12:54 AM
Who will the GOP recruit next?

The following are in:
Mitt Romney
Newt Gingrich
Tim Pawlenty
Herman Cain
Rick Santorum
Gary Johnson

The following are possible:
Sarah Palin
Michele Bachmann
John Huntsman

Does this round out the field of competitors or will there be more entrants?

low preference guy
05-22-2011, 12:55 AM
Does this round out the field or will there be more entrants?

When is the deadline?

McBell
05-22-2011, 01:04 AM
Don't forget Jimmy McMillan.

ForLibertyFight
05-22-2011, 01:24 AM
I really hope Michelle Bachmann isn't running

BamaAla
05-22-2011, 01:47 AM

I do too; that's got trouble written all over it.

cindy25
05-22-2011, 01:51 AM
no official deadline; someone could enter the race at the convention if no one else had a majority of delegates; I think Bachmann will run, and Palin will not.

Imperial
05-22-2011, 01:56 AM
Damn, I liked Daniels. Now who will my third choice be?

goRPaul
05-22-2011, 02:00 AM

I think she is running, and I actually don't mind it. We want voters to buck the status quo establishment types, and she represents the Tea Party. If she helps affect voters by getting them ready to vote for a tea party candidate, it makes the job easier for us to sell the genuine tea party candidate.

Liberty Shark
05-22-2011, 02:04 AM

From what I heard Bachmann say on Huckabee's show, it sounds like Bachmann is definitely running. Although I think Bachmann could do extremely well in Iowa, she has little chance in a place like New Hampshire. The question I'll be interested to have answered when some better polls start being conducted is whether or not it is in our interest for many of these "2nd tier candidates" like Bachmann to enter the race and further dilute votes. My guess at this point is Yes.

As for Mitch Daniels. This is fairly good news, as this was supposed to be the establishments pick, and at the very least their insurance plan in case Romney is not acceptable to the base. At this point we have to expect that another governor will be pushed into the race by the establishment. Overall I would say that the Daniels decision not to run is a major positive for us. Imagine how much the neocon vote would be split and diluted if the field was to resemble something like this:

-Romney
-Gingrich
-Pawlenty
-Santorum
-Bachmann
-Palin
-Cain
-Paul

TroySmith
05-22-2011, 06:07 AM
I really doubt Palin will run. She is becoming a kingmaker.
Bachman I suspect yes and I think she will become an early favorite among Paul and Cain.
Santorum, Gingrich, and Johnson seem to have the weakest following/campaign right now.
Romney is on tedious ground and Pawlenty reminds me of Sen. Kerry with an R next to his name.

RileyE104
05-22-2011, 08:04 AM
Very Establishment
Mitt Romney
Newt Gingrich

Wanna-Be Establishment
Tim Pawlenty
Rick Santorum

"Tea-Party" Establishment
Michele Bachmann
Herman Cain

Hopefully this field will be so split that Republicans can't decide who they want and then we, organized Paul supporters, can WIN.

I don't think ANY candidate can steal votes from Ron Paul. Once you go Paul you never go back!
So what we need to do is keep converting people while the other candidates bicker among themselves.

Lucille
05-22-2011, 08:19 AM
Who will the GOP recruit next?

The following are in:
Mitt Romney
Newt Gingrich
Tim Pawlenty
Herman Cain
Rick Santorum
Gary Johnson

The following are possible:
Sarah Palin
Michele Bachmann
John Huntsman

Does this round out the field of competitors or will there be more entrants?

Rick Perry?

hxxp://hotair.com/archives/2011/05/17/new-2012-buzz-rick-perry-thinking-of-jumping-in/

Lucille
05-22-2011, 08:26 AM
VD (http://voxday.blogspot.com/2011/05/rino-down.html): "likely that it was the revolving door that knocked a little sense into him. ... Now if the dishrag and the ridiculous me-too from the Fed will only drop out of the race, we can see a clear and straightforward choice between Ron Paul and Captain Underoos."

Heh.

acptulsa
05-22-2011, 09:00 AM
Yeah, but we don't want that straightforward choice. We really do want to split the establishment vote. In '08, that wasn't the choice yet. Paul was just another conservative in a field with lots of conservatives and only one (two before 9iu11iani self-destructed) 'moderates'.

Now people are seeing that the 'moderate' position isn't all that moderate. If a hundred years in Iraq is 'moderate' and three simultaneous wars is 'liberal', then there's something to be said for radical.

Epic
05-22-2011, 09:14 AM
This field is shaping up well for Ron Paul.

Bachmann and Palin not running would help him considerably. Bachmann not running would help because she is the most ideologically similar to Paul, and Palin not running would help because her candidacy would just clog the media.

Huntman running I think just helps Ron Paul because he is moderate and Mormon, so he'll likely just draw from Romney.

White Bear Lake
05-22-2011, 12:30 PM
Huntsman is going to run for sure. Count it.

Bachmann is as well.

Palin is not.

Just to be honest, I think Bachmann has the best shot at the nomination. I could easily see her winning it. Then she'll get absolutely smoked by Obama. I can see it coming down to Paul v Bachmann v Romney and her barely squeaking through. Hopefully we can do our best to not let that happen.

sailingaway
05-22-2011, 12:36 PM
Bachman just put out over 100,000 robocalls in Iowa on Obama's Israel position. She's running. and unfortunately, we want the votes she'll take in Iowa. But there it is.

sailingaway
05-22-2011, 12:37 PM
Huntsman is going to run for sure. Count it.

Bachmann is as well.

Palin is not.

Just to be honest, I think Bachmann has the best shot at the nomination. I could easily see her winning it. Then she'll get absolutely smoked by Obama. I can see it coming down to Paul v Bachmann v Romney and her barely squeaking through. Hopefully we can do our best to not let that happen.

I can't see her getting that far, but I can see her getting traction in Iowa and Southern states, which are early, enough to block Ron.

TroySmith
05-22-2011, 03:14 PM
I think Bachman would beat Obama too be honest. Things aren't getting better anytime soon. She also has Tea Party support and "first woman president" to help her.

Eric21ND
05-22-2011, 04:04 PM
I think Bachman would beat Obama too be honest. Things aren't getting better anytime soon. She also has Tea Party support and "first woman president" to help her.
I want some of whatever you're smoking! Bachman wouldn't crack 35% of the electorate.

Tinnuhana
05-22-2011, 04:53 PM
Can a student be better than her teacher? Everything she knows about the business cycle and all she learned at RP's weekly (?) meetings.

Eric21ND
05-22-2011, 04:57 PM
She's a Tea Party opportunist.