PDA

View Full Version : Mitch Daniels Mitch Daniels is out!

realtonygoodwin
05-21-2011, 11:55 PM
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0511/55424.html

I think this is good news, but I could see him jumping on as a VP candidate for Paul, possibly.

low preference guy
05-21-2011, 11:55 PM
YEAH!!!

(caps)

PaulConventionWV
05-21-2011, 11:56 PM
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0511/55424.html

I think this is good news, but I could see him jumping on as a VP candidate for Paul, possibly.

Wooo! Glad we don't have to worry about him.

R3volutionJedi
05-21-2011, 11:59 PM
He was tied with Paul in recent polls. Glad he is out - now where are his votes going???

HarryBrowneLives
05-22-2011, 12:04 AM
Gees, the Bush Team is really scrambling these days.

Agorism
05-22-2011, 12:18 AM
I feel like some establishment governor is going to end up in this thing: Perry, Daniels, Christie, Jeb, whoever, but we don't seem to have one yet.

Seems almost inevitable that there will be one, but none yet.

Chester Copperpot
05-22-2011, 12:19 AM
i didnt know mitch daniels was a concern for us

Sola_Fide
05-22-2011, 12:20 AM
Seeing the weakness in the field, I bet Palin throws in.

low preference guy
05-22-2011, 12:20 AM

i bet she won't!

specsaregood
05-22-2011, 12:24 AM
I feel like some establishment governor is going to end up in this thing: Perry, Daniels, Christie, Jeb, whoever, but we don't seem to have one yet.

Seems almost inevitable that there will be one, but none yet.

None of the people with futures wants to run and lose to Obama -- it is a career killer. And Obama currently looks too strong to beat. The expected pick is an old dog on his way out who will take one for the team. RP might fit this bill, but it concerns them because he might actually win.

Sola_Fide
05-22-2011, 12:25 AM
i bet she won't!

Hope youre right my man

ronpaulitician
05-22-2011, 12:29 AM
Wasn't Mitch Daniels the least of the evils?

Then again, one more down.

Palin won't run. She doesn't care enough about this country to forego all the lucrative deals she can make and keep as a non-candidate. And she knows she wouldn't stand a chance against Obama anyway.

specsaregood
05-22-2011, 12:31 AM
Palin won't run. She doesn't care enough about this country to forego all the lucrative deals she can make and keep as a non-candidate. And she knows she wouldn't stand a chance against Obama anyway.

Much better to be a "couldabeen" than a "hasbeen". I say she won't run either.

Agorism
05-22-2011, 12:31 AM
O Well I forgot about T-Paw. He's the ex-governor.

He's a winner in Daniels not entering.

realtonygoodwin
05-22-2011, 12:41 AM
Pawlenty, Huntsman, Romney will be the establishment guys. Cain and Bachmann will be the Tea Party candidates (I know, I know, but that is how they will be portrayed). Gingrich is crashing, Santorum won't go far, neither will Johnson. Palin won't get in. Ron will be by himself kinda of.

LisaNY
05-22-2011, 12:45 AM
Would Daniels make a good vp for Ron? I don't know much about him other than being Bush's omb director. I read he and his wife have had some issues in the past and I don't blame them for not wanting their dirty laundry aired and dissected all over the world.

realtonygoodwin
05-22-2011, 01:06 AM
I know he doesn't feel he is ready to have a foreign policy debate with Obama. He famously wanted to declare a truce on social issues to focus on fiscal issues. And he wasn't opposed to raising taxes, in combination with spending cuts, to balance the budget. Seems like a pragmatic fellow, plus as a MidWestern Governor with, from what I hear from my Indianan friends, a pretty good track record in the state. I hear he gave a well-received speech at CPAC, but I haven't heard it.

gaazn
05-22-2011, 01:10 AM
Maybe he was just here to try to dilute Huckabee vote, so he was like "wtf, what am i gonna do now" when huckabee didn't run. I really think he looked in the mirror and realized that with 24 hour news cycle, there is no way a man that short can be President today.

Liberty Shark
05-22-2011, 02:30 AM

My guess is that either Bachmann or Palin will enter, but not both. It seems clear that Bachmann is going to enter, and my guess is that this is the reason over the past few days why Palin has been back on Fox for multiple interviews. Some polling is probably being conducted to see which one has the better chance, while the other one will then wait until next time. However the best case scenario would in fact be for both to entire, as that would seriously dilute the vote.

axiomata
05-22-2011, 06:09 AM
Daniels often gets thrown in with Paul and Johnson as "libertarian" option, so in one way it's good he's out, but it's also one less defense hawk vote diffuser.

MRoCkEd
05-22-2011, 06:15 AM
Not sure what to think of this. I don't know whether he was taking more votes from Paul than the others.

And for an establishment guy, he's not that bad.

realtonygoodwin
05-22-2011, 07:50 AM
An article I just read said that, along with Barbour and Huntsman, Daniels is less hawkish (compared to Romney and Pawlenty.)

thehighwaymanq
05-22-2011, 10:32 AM
Droppin' like flies!

This is another big drop out too! The Media was pimping Daniels out hardcore lately.

But Bachman will be a huge loss if she runs, which it looks more and more like she will.

PaulConventionWV
05-22-2011, 01:52 PM
i didnt know mitch daniels was a concern for us

Well now you do and can be happy that he is not running.