PDA

View Full Version : Michele Bachmann Michele Bachmann makes robocalls on Israel into Iowa, South Carolina

sailingaway
05-21-2011, 09:25 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/post/michele-bachmann-makes-robocalls-on-israel-into-iowa-south-carolina/2011/05/20/AFwows7G_blog.html

Yup, she's running....and has more organization than I realized which doesn't bode well for the Iowa straw poll:

Rep. Michele Bachmann put out over 150,000 robocalls into Iowa and South Carolina in the wake of President Obama’s Middle East speech on Thursday, the latest sign that the Minnesota Republican is moving steadily toward a run for president in 2012.

In addition to the phone calls, Bachmann also placed banner ads on websites in those states, along with New Hampshire, linking to an anti-Obama petition on her website, posted multiple message on Facebook and Twitter and put out an official statement on the speech, according to a Bachmann insider granted anonymity to speak candidly about strategic matters.

The bevy of Bachmann-related activity around the Obama address amounted to a test run of her national operation, said the source. “What was important to us was to do this at the drop of a hat on a subject we did not necessarily see coming,” the source added.

goRPaul
05-21-2011, 10:19 PM
Never liked Bachmann. But I welcome her into the race. I think she's a direct threat to Romney and Newt supporters.

BeautifulWorld
05-21-2011, 10:33 PM
Look for a Cain/Bachmann endorsement from Bagger Judson Phillips and his minions.

Liberty Shark
05-22-2011, 02:11 AM
As I've said before, I always thought Bachmann was going to enter this race. She could do very well in Iowa and potentially South Carolina, but she has no chance of winning a nationwide election against Obama. Once polling is done on head-to-head matchups between each GOP candidate vs. Obama it will become apparent to the GOP establishment, the media, and voters that Bachmann has no chance.
The best news here is that Bachmann will split votes from Herman Cain, more-so than Romney and Gingrich. This will further dilute the vote in our favor.