PDA

View Full Version : Boycott The Media!!

Max4468
05-21-2011, 04:24 PM
I have been following Ron Paul since 2007 but really didn't get involved for many reasons. I am sad to say that, because in saying that I have failed as an American. I have been watching nonstop news coverage concerning the 2012 election. I see only a few comments about Ron Paul on any of the stations and when I do it is small or it is the media beating him up. I don't see this with concern to other GOP runners. I say we stand up to the media and let them know that we want 'Fair and Balanced" coverage of this great man instead of running him down or even ignoring him. Write Fox news, MSNBC and CNN and let them know that we as a group have a voice and can make things happen. Thank you all for fighting as you have and continue to do. It is because of all of you that I still have hope in our country and what we were meant to be. BOYCOTT the mega media while we still have a chance!!! RON PAUL for PRESDIDENT 2012!!

RonPaulVolunteer
05-21-2011, 04:26 PM
What.

Crystallas
05-21-2011, 05:00 PM
Keep your friends close and MSM closer. :D

Max4468
05-21-2011, 05:22 PM
what, what? I thought I was clear maybe not... I am e-mailing all networks to let them know I will refuse to watch their stations if they omit or dont equally talk about Ron Paul. It's not right and it is their way of controlling elections.

Liberty Shark
05-21-2011, 05:33 PM
Despite all of the failings of the media in general, I think RP has gotten much more coverage than in 2008. The problem is that its coverage that seems to be focused on the "non-essential" issues, like drugs, prostitution, etc.

Strategically, if the media continues to focus only on these issues during interviews, hopefully RP will address them honestly, but then introduce his own issues that should be discussed, like the Federal Reserve, elimination of IRS and other federal departments such as education and agriculture.
In an election like this, when the main and most important issues are the size of the federal gov't and spending, which just so happen to be RP strongest issues, it would be a shame to allow the media to avoid these issues and instead focus on the drug war and prostitution. Sure they are important, but not the most important in this election.

RonPaulVolunteer
05-21-2011, 05:37 PM
Your idea is pointless and will achieve precisely nothing. And when someone comes in here and tries to get the grassroots to take negative action on their first ever post, it's kinda obvious you're a troll. Ron Paul is not short of media attention: http://RonPaulFlix.com

Billay
05-21-2011, 05:42 PM
^ This

BongersForPaul
05-21-2011, 05:45 PM
Boycott Rush Limbaugh, Ann Coulter, Malkin. To me they seem to be the people who treat Dr. Paul the worst.

centure7
05-21-2011, 06:06 PM
Your idea is pointless and will achieve precisely nothing. And when someone comes in here and tries to get the grassroots to take negative action on their first ever post, it's kinda obvious you're a troll. Ron Paul is not short of media attention: http://RonPaulFlix.com

The OP *obviously* isn't a troll. Yes, a boycott is a negative approach. And yes a boycott does not always work... but they have on occasion. Going to good alternative news sources is a positive approach. The OP simply says that stations barely ever mention Ron Paul and they demean him when they do. If if boycotting actually worked, the OP would have a good point.

RonPaulVolunteer
05-21-2011, 07:23 PM
The OP *obviously* isn't a troll.

*Really!?*

garyallen59
05-21-2011, 07:30 PM
I have been following Ron Paul since 2007 but really didn't get involved for many reasons. I am sad to say that, because in saying that I have failed as an American. I have been watching nonstop news coverage concerning the 2012 election. I see only a few comments about Ron Paul on any of the stations and when I do it is small or it is the media beating him up. I don't see this with concern to other GOP runners. I say we stand up to the media and let them know that we want 'Fair and Balanced" coverage of this great man instead of running him down or even ignoring him. Write Fox news, MSNBC and CNN and let them know that we as a group have a voice and can make things happen. Thank you all for fighting as you have and continue to do. It is because of all of you that I still have hope in our country and what we were meant to be. BOYCOTT the mega media while we still have a chance!!! RON PAUL for PRESDIDENT 2012!!

thanks for stepping up and getting involved.

and welcome to the boards.

Danke
05-21-2011, 07:36 PM
Boycott Rush Limbaugh, Ann Coulter, Malkin. To me they seem to be the people who treat Dr. Paul the worst.

Bongers?

http://www.energycenter.com/ec_graphics.folder/bongers.jpg

Max4468
05-21-2011, 10:59 PM
The OP *obviously* isn't a troll. Yes, a boycott is a negative approach. And yes a boycott does not always work... but they have on occasion. Going to good alternative news sources is a positive approach. The OP simply says that stations barely ever mention Ron Paul and they demean him when they do. If if boycotting actually worked, the OP would have a good point.

Thank you for your reply, in addition you name calling. The question I find myself asking is why would someone with you mentality be on a forum as we find ourselves on. It underminds everything I thought this site stood for. I agree, maybe a semi-rogue idea compaired to yours and I am 100% ok with that but. To think I was a troll because I posted my thought is sad. All this does is tells me we all still need a little work. But keep doing what you do and I think everyone should check out the link you left for us above. Great stuff. thank you for that. BOYCOTT Big media! Had to. Be at peace