PDA

View Full Version : Mundane to cops - “Why are you shooting me?” as he dies - blood boiling case out of GA.

Anti Federalist
05-21-2011, 03:55 PM
Witness disputes official account of police shooting

by John Roach

http://mdjonline.com/bookmark/13353608

May 20, 2011 08:00 PM

MABLETON — A Cobb County Police officer shot and killed Matthew R. Murdock, 34, of Cumming during a traffic stop late Thursday night near the intersection of Mableton Parkway and Veteran’s Memorial Highway, Cobb Police said, but a witness calls the official report “ridiculous.”

According to police, officers were dispatched to a report of a suspicious person in the area of Mableton Parkway and Puckett Drive at 11:25 p.m. Thursday. An officer arrived and confronted Murdock, who was pulling out of the parking lot of 642 Puckett Drive in a green Volkswagen Passat, police said. During the stop, a Cobb Sheriff’s deputy arrived on the scene, according to police.

The Cobb Police officer stepped away to verify what Murdock told him, according to the report. While the officer was away, Murdock and the deputy continued to talk, police said. The ensuing conversation led the deputy to believe Murdock had a weapon, prompting the deputy to physically engage him, police said. While that was taking place, a second Cobb police officer arrived, according to police. The second officer did not hear what was said between Murdock and the deputy, but saw the two in a physical altercation, police said.

“As the male continued to disobey the lawful commands of the officers, and when it appeared that he was reaching for a weapon, the second Cobb County police officer shot the male,” Sgt. Dana Pierce said.

Murdock was taken by ambulance to Atlanta Medical Center and died at 2:06 a.m., Pierce said.

Scott King, who runs the auto repair business in a nearby building from which Murdock was leaving, said Murdock had been helping him in the shop, as he often did. King said an officer approached him and asked him if he had anyone leaving the shop. When King told him that Murdock had just left, they walked toward the road, stopping to discuss installing a light to let police know that he was working in the shop, because the business had been burglarized before, King said.

King said that when he and the officer approached the road, he saw Murdock’s car stopped on the road with the second officer standing by the driver’s-side door. The officer was yelling at Murdock and then fired five to six shots at point-blank range, King said.

King said he heard Murdock yell, “Why are you shooting me?”

The officer who had shot Murdock then swung around, pointing the gun in King’s direction, prompting King and the officer with him to take cover, King said.

“I saw the officer duck behind a car and realized I was the last one in line,” King said.

King said he had seen a gun in Murdock’s car before, but doesn’t believe he would have threatened the officer with it.

King said he’d been friends with Murdock for four years and described him as “real smart, and an excellent body (repair) man. … He would do anything for anybody.”

King said he did not see a struggle between Murdock and the deputy.

Larry Shirah, who rents space to King and was a friend of Murdock’s, described Murdock as a “nice young man” without a criminal record. Shirah also said he can’t believe Murdock would have threatened an officer with his gun.

Pierce said he is not aware of any indications that Murdock was impaired by drugs or alcohol.

The officer who shot Murdock, whose name was not released, has been placed on administrative leave pending internal investigations.

Cobb Police investigators can be reached at (770) 499-3945.

heavenlyboy34
05-21-2011, 04:09 PM
:eek: :mad: thanks for posting-shared this on FB.

Anti Federalist
05-21-2011, 04:13 PM
:eek: :mad: thanks for posting-shared this on FB.

Got one more, out of about 30 stories I reviewed today, that I'm going to post.

aGameOfThrones
05-21-2011, 04:32 PM
Medical examiner's report: the male died of a self inflicted wound.

Trigger happy cops...check.

Quickly fabricate report...check.

Murdered citizen...check.

Witnesses still alive...pending.

pacelli
05-21-2011, 04:36 PM
Thats just the thing. You gotta watch out for those mundanes. They try to upset the balance between liberty and freedom on practically a daily basis.

FreedomProsperityPeace
05-21-2011, 04:48 PM
The cruiser dash cam should tell the whole story.

aGameOfThrones
05-21-2011, 04:53 PM

Sometimes it doesn't, and if a mundane is equipped with a camera for the mundane's benefit - the mundane somehow asked for the violation of his/her Rights.

Sola_Fide
05-21-2011, 06:43 PM
Wow...

These stories are making me really paranoid and angry. Does it do this to anyone else?

Austrian Econ Disciple
05-21-2011, 06:49 PM
Wow...

These stories are making me really paranoid and angry. Does it do this to anyone else?

Angry, yes. Paranoid, no. The police have been killing people who have done nothing other than to stand up for their rights for a long time now. It has gotten progessively worse, though. At least back in the day most Officers shuttered at the thought of having to use their weapon -- today it is SOP.

aGameOfThrones
05-21-2011, 06:50 PM
Victim: why are you shooting me?

Pirate(cop): 'Cause I can!!!

fisharmor
05-21-2011, 06:59 PM
Wow...

Sadly, I am past paranoid and angry. I am at acceptance.
I accept that this is the function of the enforcement caste.
I accept that cleaning things up is an impossibility.
This has been going on longer than we realize. We're simply plugged into the right part of this amazing source of information - the one where AF presents the naked truth of the situation.
The only difference between right now and any point in history is that this channel exists and some of us pay attention to it.
You were always at risk of having this happen to you. The only difference today is that someone other than your spouse, your kids or your parents might suspect something's rotten in Denmark.

osan
05-21-2011, 07:14 PM

If it was pointing in the right direction, what would you like to bet that it mysteriously failed at the crucial moment?

demolama
05-21-2011, 07:16 PM
At least back in the day most Officers shuttered at the thought of having to use their weapon -- today it is SOP.

Most are either veterans that served overseas, or were chickenshit bullies in high school on a power trip who were taught by these military veterans. I know of lot of police squads learning military tactic utilized in Iraq to sweep houses during drug raids. The equipment owned by a lot of agencies are practically the same found in the military. In essence police = military.

osan
05-21-2011, 07:17 PM
These sorts of stories always make me ask why are there not bands of armed citizens taking up the cause of liberty and justice by apprehending, trying, convicting, and executing these murdering filth? It is time.

pcosmar
05-21-2011, 07:30 PM
It is time.

Long past time. But Vigilant Citizens have been demonized in current culture.
It will yet be a while before it is accepted as justice.

aGameOfThrones
05-21-2011, 07:40 PM
These sorts of stories always make me ask why are there not bands of armed citizens taking up the cause of liberty and justice by apprehending, trying, convicting, and executing these murdering filth? It is time.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are."
— Benjamin Franklin

newbitech
05-21-2011, 07:51 PM
I had a thought the other night about what to do about crazy cops. I think the states should allow vigilantism. Allow cops to write tickets and get paid on the spot by the "offender". Once a cop reaches a certain quota, he can no longer write any more tickets. If the person is unable to pay the ransom, then that person will be given a summons to bring the ransom to court at a later date, OR defend themselves.

MelissaCato
05-21-2011, 08:00 PM
Guess we ladies/gentlemen just get popped off one by one, kids too. 60 rounds each body. Bakers dozen or so stray bullet for the witness's around. Pets dead too.

Seriously, Why isn't the American Military stopping this ? What is it 900 bases in 123 countries ? No wonder TPTB don't want our Military @ home ... phuckers are scared prolly.

Ray
05-21-2011, 08:32 PM
administrative leave

Read: Paid Vacation

ClayTrainor
05-21-2011, 08:44 PM
Words cannot express how sick and twisted this is :(

Pericles
05-21-2011, 10:07 PM
Seriously, Why isn't the American Military stopping this ? What is it 900 bases in 123 countries ? No wonder TPTB don't want our Military @ home ... phuckers are scared prolly.

Seriously? First - some numbers. There are about 750,000 state and local cops. Active duty strength of the Army is 522,000 (ignoring Guard and reserve call ups for killing Arabs).

Second, read this from a student at the Army War College:

http://www.carlisle.army.mil/usawc/Parameters/Articles/2010winter/Dunlap_Jr.pdf The Origins of the American Military Coup of 2012

The only thing worse than not having the military do something is to have the military do something that is not a war of national survival.

aGameOfThrones
05-21-2011, 10:42 PM
Guess we ladies/gentlemen just get popped off one by one, kids too. 60 rounds each body. Bakers dozen or so stray bullet for the witness's around. Pets dead too.

They don't make them as they used to...I guess.

The Battle of Athens (http://www.constitution.org/mil/tn/batathen.htm)

posted: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?10415-Armed-Citizen-Revolt-Battle-Of-Athens-Tennessee-1946&highlight=Battle+Athens

posted: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?212610-The-Battle-of-Athens-Tennessee-%281946%29&highlight=Battle+Athens

Pericles
05-21-2011, 10:49 PM
They don't make them as they used to...I guess.

The Battle of Athens (http://www.constitution.org/mil/tn/batathen.htm)

posted: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?10415-Armed-Citizen-Revolt-Battle-Of-Athens-Tennessee-1946&highlight=Battle+Athens

posted: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?212610-The-Battle-of-Athens-Tennessee-%281946%29&highlight=Battle+Athens

Point being, that it can get sorted out on the local level when enough people with the right skills determine that it is necessary to do so. Much harder to do on the state or national level. Success will be one county at a time. Then the idea will spread from the first group of counties that insist on liberty.

TheeJoeGlass
05-21-2011, 10:55 PM
Got one more, out of about 30 stories I reviewed today, that I'm going to post.

Keep posting them, its getting harder for my cop friends to use the, "just a few bad apples" excuse.

Anti Federalist
05-21-2011, 11:01 PM
Keep posting them, its getting harder for my cop friends to use the, "just a few bad apples" excuse.

I'm really torn, I don't want to "overload" everybody and have their eyes glaze over and not care anymore.

Or, be accused of having nothing but an anti-cop, agitprop agenda, which has already happened a couple of times.

I think I posted four stories today.

The dog killing by the police chief was the last one.

I reviewed roughly a hundred similar stories, some worse than others, 70 more than when I posted that 30 number, just today from only five sources/search terms.

affa
05-22-2011, 12:52 AM
Seriously? First - some numbers. There are about 750,000 state and local cops. Active duty strength of the Army is 522,000 (ignoring Guard and reserve call ups for killing Arabs).

http://www.carlisle.army.mil/usawc/Parameters/Articles/2010winter/Dunlap_Jr.pdf The Origins of the American Military Coup of 2012

The only thing worse than not having the military do something is to have the military do something that is not a war of national survival.

Clicking that link put up a page that said I was denied access to it, listed my IP address and computer name. Wonderful. Thanks for that.

Freedom 4 all
05-22-2011, 01:05 AM
I'm really torn, I don't want to "overload" everybody and have their eyes glaze over and not care anymore.

Or, be accused of having nothing but an anti-cop, agitprop agenda, which has already happened a couple of times.

I reviewed roughly a hundred similar stories, some worse than others, 70 more than when I posted that 30 number, just today from only five sources/search terms.

Presentation of legitimate facts from respectable news sources is anti-cop now? Figures.

iGGz
05-22-2011, 02:04 AM

What website to do you get most of them from? I remember seeing a link in a different thread. Injustice something?

AceNZ
05-22-2011, 02:30 AM
Here's an interesting one. No shooting, but it sounds like it was a close call. (you can't hear much after the cop discovers the recording device).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-vUYeJXSrA

Pericles
05-22-2011, 03:16 AM
Clicking that link put up a page that said I was denied access to it, listed my IP address and computer name. Wonderful. Thanks for that.
They are not liking links from the RPFs

Alternate route in

http://sipseystreetirregulars.blogspot.com/2011/05/two-must-reads-from-parameters-autumn.html

aGameOfThrones
05-22-2011, 04:34 AM
What website to do you get most of them from? I remember seeing a link in a different thread. Injustice something?

http://www.injusticeeverywhere.com/

Live_Free_Or_Die
05-22-2011, 05:59 AM
Woohoo, another person who never thought it could happen to them!!!

tnvoter
05-22-2011, 06:08 AM
terrible.

Anti Federalist
05-22-2011, 11:41 AM

Injustice Everywhere

Pro Libertate

The Agitator

Cop Block

Google News : Police shoot/taser/beat - man or dog

Anti Federalist
05-22-2011, 11:43 AM
Presentation of legitimate facts from respectable news sources is anti-cop now? Figures.

To a couple of people that I've run across here, yes, that would appear to be the case.

Freedom 4 all
05-22-2011, 04:32 PM
To a couple of people that I've run across here, yes, that would appear to be the case.

Lol, I feel you brother. I don't think I'll ever understand mundane cop supporters. It's like discussing specific incidences in which gravity causes shit to fall to the ground and having people object that you're just "anti-floating".

heavenlyboy34
05-22-2011, 04:55 PM

That's been my experience even moreso off these forums. Ignorance of the violent, immoral nature of police is rampant and disturbing.

Anti Federalist
05-22-2011, 05:21 PM
That's been my experience even moreso off these forums. Ignorance of the violent, immoral nature of police is rampant and disturbing.

I agree, it is much, much worse, out there in the general population.

NewRightLibertarian
05-22-2011, 09:34 PM

Keep up the good work, friend. People need to be exposed to these horrific acts. Burying our collective heads in the sand may be more palatable, but in the end it does us no good

Anti Federalist
05-22-2011, 09:42 PM
Keep up the good work, friend. People need to be exposed to these horrific acts. Burying our collective heads in the sand may be more palatable, but in the end it does us no good

Thanks brother, but I'm not doing anything special, just reviewing the stories as they come in.

But it is, to me, and I'm sure to you, a critical issue.

Cops are the front line enforcement arms of the state, they are generally the only interaction common people have with the "iron fist" of the state, and as the state continues to go bad, cops will become increasingly more predatory, dangerous and corrupt.

NewRightLibertarian
05-22-2011, 11:42 PM
Thanks brother, but I'm not doing anything special, just reviewing the stories as they come in.

But it is, to me, and I'm sure to you, a critical issue.

Cops are the front line enforcement arms of the state, they are generally the only interaction common people have with the "iron fist" of the state, and as the state continues to go bad, cops will become increasingly more predatory, dangerous and corrupt.

People need to understand that the police aren't there to help them, but rather hurt them. This is extremely hard to do considering all the propaganda they've been inundated with. It is terrible that people see the government, police and military as positive forces and have a great deal of their own personality and self-worth based upon trust in these systems that are pure evil. The solutions become so simple once you can see past their facade, but it's a propaganda minefield out there and most Americans are ill-equipped to recognize it.

Philhelm
05-22-2011, 11:52 PM

That's just it. I try to explain to people that they are merely the enforcers of our government. It isn't about what is just and right, or whether the laws are just and right. It's all about the laws that our corrupt government gives them to enforce. Our government is hostile to the people; therefore, the police are hostile to the people.

daviddee
05-23-2011, 12:23 AM

Anti Federalist
05-23-2011, 11:46 AM
That sipseystreetirregulars is read by A LOT of FBI and other Washington DC folk.

One of my blog posts got linked on Sipsey. A ton of the traffic coming from Sipsey was fbi.gov, nsa.gov, *.mil, state.gov, pentagon, etc etc.

So anything that matters to us that gets posted there absolutely is seen by government people.

Bastiches....

DD - another dog killing for your blog

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?294411-NC-Town-of-Eden-off-duty-police-chief-shoots-neighbor-s-family-dog-in-his-back-yard.

Seraphim
05-23-2011, 12:02 PM
Yeah really...

It's so counter logical to believe that to stop one Statist gang you must bring in the more heavily armed Statist gang.

What a fucking nightmare.

AFPVet
05-23-2011, 12:40 PM
The officer who shot Murdock, whose name was not released, has been placed on administrative leave pending internal investigations.

Cobb Police investigators can be reached at (770) 499-3945.

I wonder who will be conducting the internal investigation.... I know that in my department, if one of us screwed up, a separate department investigates. Internal affairs is supposed to cover this in the larger departments.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
05-23-2011, 05:08 PM
I wonder who will be conducting the internal investigation.... I know that in my department, if one of us screwed up, a separate department investigates. Internal affairs is supposed to cover this in the larger departments.

One can only control the predatory nature of a lion by way of conscience. By understanding (submitting to) the creature's greater power, one can be disobedient to its predatory nature. That is how a lion trainer goes about training a lion. One can't be aggressive or fearful towards it as both actions will be perceived as threatening.
In regards to national intelligence, the Lord said not to allow the right hand to know what the left hand is doing. As the male lion has his business to attend to, the female lions have their businesses to attend to. As the military follows after a necessary tyranny or a necessary tyrant, the militia serves to guard and protect the neighbor (the people) from all forms of tyranny. As the military should be under the command of the president, and, in turn, as his authority should be under the command of Congress, the militia should be seperate and domestic and under the command of Congress (the people). In other words, the New Covenant deals with loving (guarding and protecting) ones neighbor intimately. In comparison, waging war is a necessary tyranny perpetrated afar and inacted against strangers, or is the necessary act of making strangers.
For example, police officers and security guards should have seperate agendas with differing philosophies. As police officers are deemed privileged in society, officially speaking, in comparison, security guards are intentionally and necessarily deemed less powerful. When police business is allowed to exert control over the security guard function, a conflict of interest occurs. The people are left vulnerable to the organized crime of the necessary tyranny (more perfect union established by the U.S. Constitution). Therefore, police officers should not be allowed to serve as security guards because when they get called up to serve their primary duties of protecting tyranny during emergencies, they have to abandon their posts as guards which leaves the people unprotected.
Ultimately, when intelligence is gathered seperately in both the policing business performed by the necessary tyranny ruling the state and in the guarding function performed by the people ruled by the state, the whole of society behaves itself better as a matter of conscience.

justiceformattmurdock
06-01-2011, 10:37 AM
Matt Murdock (The man shot by police) was a great friend and a patriot. He had no criminal record. He was a law abiding citizen and he knew how to interact/comply with the police state.His crime? working late to help a friend meet a deadline. He was awake and was active in trying to inform others of the current Geo- political nightmares the current fascist regimes in power have created for the rest of us. He burnt and distributed free (alternative media video) DVD's to anyone who was interested including police officers. He had a small website and you tube channel you may visit if you want. http://www.matrixofevil.com/ http://www.youtube.com/user/Evilmatrix1#p/c/0/5xNP-04L79Q Please call Cobb county district attorneys office (770) 528-3080 to get this murderer off the force and off the streets. GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!

Anti Federalist
06-01-2011, 05:40 PM
///