PDA

View Full Version : Help Get Ron on The Tonight Show to Refute Huckabee's Mischaracterization of his Positions

Sentinelrv
05-21-2011, 08:35 AM
There's a big movement over at the Daily Paul (http://www.dailypaul.com/165334/lets-get-ron-paul-on-the-tonight-show-to-refute-huckabees-mischaracterization-of-his-positions)to get Ron on Jay Leno's show. Will a mod put this on the front page to help boost the emails to The Tonight Show? I should add here that if you do send an email, mention Ron's younger viewing audience and the ratings boost it will give him.

As seen in the Tonight Show clip (http://www.dailypaul.com/165323/leno-mike-huckabee-on-ron-paul), Huckabee unfairly mischaracterized Ron Paul's positions and has misled our fellow voters.

Please do what you can to help out in this effort to give Ron Paul an opportunity to clear things up regarding his positions with Jay Leno's audience.

Contact The Tonight Show and let them know that you believe Jay Leno should give Ron Paul an opportunity on the show to refute Huckabee's mischaracterization of his positions.

http://www.nbc.com/the-tonight-show/contact/

idirtify
05-21-2011, 08:58 AM
done.

"How about having Ron Paul on your show? You could ask him what he thinks about Mike Huckabee's characterizations of him. I’m sure he will give you a more accurate picture, and include what he thinks of Huck’s positions."

CaseyJones
05-21-2011, 09:06 AM
ok I will promote it without the first paragraph

mello
05-21-2011, 09:42 AM
If Ron does go on Leno, we need to fill the audience with supporters. Hell, if we have a couple hundred
outside as well. That may bring extra media attention.

JackieDan
05-21-2011, 10:16 AM
done!

The Moravian
05-21-2011, 10:45 AM
Huckabee is no fool, he isn't just randomly speaking here. He is purposefully painting Paul in the worst way to keep him from getting support from his fans, which are Christian social conservatives in the south and plains states (i.e. Iowa and South Carolina).

Like with Trump's attack at CPAC, a bad response might turn away Huckabee's supporters just as it did Trump's. Looking at the May PPP poll that asked the question with different candidates in or out of the race, the numbers for Paul did not change one single point between Trump being in the race and Trump being out. It's not because their positions are so different, it's because of Trump's attack and the immediate response to it. We need to be mature and self-controlled in our answer to such insults or Dr. Paul will have to defend us as well as himself, which makes his job that much more difficult.

If we over-react to Huckabee, we may also lose among those who merely have a good favorability of him, which is moderate Republicans, women and many independents, too, who are largely undecided about Paul at this point. RP needs support from many of these people who have yet to make up their minds about him.

The focus on drugs and prostitution (and the Civil Rights Act) will continue until we answer it by focusing on Paul's record, which is his greatest strength.

Here's my answer:

"In his 22 years in Congress Dr. Paul has introduced hundreds of substantial bills, but not once did he submit a bill to legalize prostitution or heroin (or repeal any part of the Civil Rights Act). His proposal as President is to end the "War on Drugs" and leave drug policy up to the states. He will not violate the Constitutional limits of the Presidency or do an end run around Congress to 'legalize drugs or prostitution'."

We need to understand the audience that we need to reach in order to win primaries. We can't get the 20-30% needed with only the youngest voters and the open minded people who do their own independent internet research; there are just too few of them and they are not reliable voters. I wish they were enough, but it is not a good strategy to scare off the most reliable voters (by focusing on social security cuts and heroin legalization) and totally rely on getting people to turn out for the GOP primaries who never have in the past (college kids, drug legalization advocates, Libertarian Party members, the liberal base, Democrats...).

I have and will continue to talk to people in these groups to convince them to vote in the Republican primaries, but if we needlessly drive away the older likely primary voters, we will not get the votes needed to win any primaries. Certainly not the early ones in Iowa, South Carolina, and Florida. New Hampshire is also leaning so heavily to Romney that it is unlikely for us to win unless we get a majority of the "not-Romney" votes, which are largely Christian social conservatives and those that oppose universal health care.

So please understand that I am talking about avoiding unnecessary disputes and saying only what a President Paul will do in office. Not getting distracted by insults or theoretical questions that have nothing to do with the immediate problems in government. We can't control what Huckabee, Trump and all these pundits and media people do, but we must rise above it and show that we are better than how they depict us.

Michael Landon
05-21-2011, 11:26 AM
Done.

- ML

Kregisen
05-21-2011, 11:32 AM
Message sent!! Everyone do the same!

LisaNY
05-21-2011, 11:38 AM
Done.

sam1952
05-21-2011, 11:41 AM
Didn't Jay Leno have Ron Paul on in 2008? He appeared with the Sex Pistols as musical guests. If I remember right Jay was positive towards Ron Paul. There was also some issue with a "flower bomb" to the studios to thank them for having Ron on. Don't think it went over to well for some reason. Anyway I think Jay is Ron Paul friendly.

LisaNY
05-21-2011, 11:47 AM
The issue is not that suckabee insulted Ron, he insulted US. He insulted tens of thousands, if not millions, of private citizens for endorsing someone he doesn't like. And he did it live on national television, without us having a means to fight back.

Could Ron release a brief statement defending his supporters who were slighted on national tv? Just to say something about how diverse we are and how wrong it was of huckabee to insult private citizens? Some may be flattered by being referred to as a gun toting dead head but I am not.

KingRobbStark
05-21-2011, 02:47 PM
Yes. Great idea

smartguy911
05-21-2011, 02:55 PM
Done Done Done

Mrs.Joe
05-21-2011, 02:56 PM
done

Batman
05-21-2011, 05:53 PM
Leno is great. And I like him even more after the Ron Paul interview. He was cordial and fair to the good Doctor. I never liked Letterman or any other hack on late night TV and after seeing how they have treated the Pauls, I know why I hate them so much.

2orb
05-21-2011, 08:08 PM
The 2008 Leno appearance was my first exposure to Ron Paul. Getting him on is a good idea.

Cleaner44
05-21-2011, 08:14 PM
done

evilfunnystuff
05-22-2011, 02:25 AM
. . .

ForLibertyFight
05-22-2011, 02:50 AM
If Ron does go on Leno, we need to fill the audience with supporters. Hell, if we have a couple hundred
outside as well. That may bring extra media attention.

I live literally 6 blocks away from NBC studios in Burbank. I'll be there. :)

Lron
05-22-2011, 03:03 AM
Ron Paul's fans are part gun show and part grateful dead? That sounds like a pretty accurate statement imo. Peace loving, relaxed and fun but will protect ourselves from force.

I dont see the problem.

pauladin
05-22-2011, 03:06 AM
and huckabee's fans are part christofacists and part convicted rapists. see, I can play that game too!

cdc482
05-22-2011, 04:01 AM
It wasn't really a "mischaracterization." Those are Ron's positions. He definitely mischaracterized us though. That was a low blow, but I don't think Ron Paul has much to clarify.

cdc482
05-22-2011, 04:02 AM
and huckabee's fans are part christofacists and part convicted rapists. see, I can play that game too!

This is an appropriate response. Not e-mailing Leno.

tnvoter
05-22-2011, 04:47 AM
done.

blimp.

Lothario
05-22-2011, 07:16 AM
I live literally 6 blocks away from NBC studios in Burbank. I'll be there. :)

ditto.

sguerra923
05-22-2011, 03:05 PM
I hope Dr. Paul makes it on his show not to go after Huckabee but to promote love, peace, and liberty! Trust me, all these other politicians and news media will do the same thing that Huckabee tries to project and we have to look past that and not waste our time combating nonsense however in turn promote the word of Dr. Paul and open the minds of millions!

satchelmcqueen
05-22-2011, 05:18 PM
done !!

S.Shorland
05-23-2011, 11:52 AM
But... you joined this forum in 2007?!

The 2008 Leno appearance was my first exposure to Ron Paul. Getting him on is a good idea.

pauladin
05-23-2011, 12:03 PM
But... you joined this forum in 2007?!

you, sir, are a detective.

VBRonPaulFan
05-23-2011, 12:09 PM
you know... for being a man of god, he sure loves talking badly about others.

MJU1983
05-23-2011, 09:44 PM
I emailed Leno asking him to book RP on the show. I told NBC that RP is guaranteed to increase the ratings!

ericsnow
05-23-2011, 10:24 PM
done