PDA

View Full Version : Cop saves dog from creek

AndrewD
05-21-2011, 12:44 AM
Ok i've read a few "Cop kills dog" posts lately. Many of you were rightly infuriated about it. Thought this might cheer ya up a bit. Not a big story by any means, but there ARE a few good cops out there...

"A stray dog was rescued from Marcus Hook Creek on Monday morning after a police officer pulled the canine out of water up to its neck."

http://www.pottstownmercury.com/articles/2011/05/10/news/doc4dc94bfe2df47202494225.txt

cindy25
05-21-2011, 12:49 AM
these should be posted. glad to see it.

Carehn
05-21-2011, 12:55 AM
Probably hoping to give someone a ticket for a dog of the leash. ;)

Anti Federalist
05-21-2011, 01:25 AM
In other news, the car started this morning for work, and the hot water heater made hot water for the shower.

Philhelm
05-21-2011, 01:35 AM
In other news, the car started this morning for work, and the hot water heater made hot water for the shower.

I hear you, but I think we should at least give credit where it is due. I think people like you and I run the risk of being consumed by negativity. Good actions should be praised and evil actions condemned.

Anti Federalist
05-21-2011, 01:41 AM
I hear you, but I think we should at least give credit where it is due. I think people like you and I run the risk of being consumed by negativity. Good actions should be praised and evil actions condemned.

True enough, I'm tired right now and a cynical old grouch anyways.

But still, I'm not sure it's newsworthy that the water heater didn't blow the house up, or the car's wheels didn't spontaneously fall off.

I'll quit my derail and back out.

Kregisen
05-21-2011, 02:15 AM
"Cop saves dog from creek"

".....and then shoots it"

squarepusher
05-21-2011, 02:15 AM
cops are people too, we need to take responsibility

iGGz
05-21-2011, 02:53 AM
lol boxer didn't know how to swim. I had a boxer mix whose rear end would sink right when it got in water. However, my current boxer swims like a champ.

sync
05-21-2011, 05:41 AM
"Cop saves dog from creek"

".....and then shoots it"

I just LOL'd...

pcosmar
05-21-2011, 06:12 AM

Police only exist because people gave up responsibility. Long ago.
People gave up responsibility for law enforcement, self defense and for personal security. They hired others to do it for them, and then had them do things that they themselves had NO right to do.

Not much of a story when an ex-con saves a dog. or any ordinary person for that matter. though it is a much more common occurrence.

Danke
05-21-2011, 06:17 AM
I just wanted to also share that I saw a cop driving the speed limit to a donut shop. Not sure if he paid for the donuts though...

JK/SEA
05-21-2011, 06:34 AM
Maybe they could give that dog to the family of that U.S. Marine that the SWAT team murdered.

pcosmar
05-21-2011, 07:27 AM
but there ARE a few good cops out there...

No doubt there are. I am sure that some of the Guards at the Nazi Prison Camps were nice from time to time as well.
I don't hate cops as people (mostly). I hate Cops as a Concept. I hate the police state, and the violation of rights that has been the result.
I have lived in places with both better and worse enforcement departments.
The fact remains that police (as a concept) are Authoritarian, as opposed to, and contrary to, Liberty.
People (ordinary citizens) should be responsible for law enforcement. and there should be a lot less laws to enforce.

The many articles posted here are highlighting the abuse that is common to authoritarianism. It is not an attack on individuals.
Though is is hard for me and some others not to be thoroughly disgusted with the actions of some of these individuals.

it is the Concept of Police and the Police State that I am opposed to.

Carehn
05-21-2011, 08:30 AM

No they are not.

Kylie
05-21-2011, 01:23 PM
No doubt there are. I am sure that some of the Guards at the Nazi Prison Camps were nice from time to time as well.
I don't hate cops as people (mostly). I hate Cops as a Concept. I hate the police state, and the violation of rights that has been the result.
I have lived in places with both better and worse enforcement departments.
The fact remains that police (as a concept) are Authoritarian, as opposed to, and contrary to, Liberty.
People (ordinary citizens) should be responsible for law enforcement. and there should be a lot less laws to enforce.

The many articles posted here are highlighting the abuse that is common to authoritarianism. It is not an attack on individuals.
Though is is hard for me and some others not to be thoroughly disgusted with the actions of some of these individuals.

it is the Concept of Police and the Police State that I am opposed to.

Exactly.

I like most people. I just don't think they use their brains.

Good on that guy for saving the dog. I mean, if you're there, how could you NOT save it?

sailingaway
05-21-2011, 01:37 PM
Thank you for the post.