PDA

View Full Version : Zogby Poll Stunner: Herman Cain Continues 2012 Surge [mod note: online opt in survey]

bobbyw24
05-20-2011, 06:55 PM
A new IBOPE Zogby poll shows Atlanta businessman Herman Cain vaulting into the No. 1 front-runner position among active candidates as the choice to win the GOP presidential nomination in 2012.

Cain, a longtime Pillsbury executive who later became chairman of the U.S. Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, was the preferred choice of 14 percent of the likely Republican primary voters polled.

His showing placed second only to New Jersey Gov. Christ Christie, who got 17 percent. Christie, however, has insisted repeatedly that he will not be running for president in 2012. Ron Paul placed third with 10 percent, followed by former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney who had 9 percent.

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/HermanCain-JohnZogby-ZogbyPoll/2011/05/20/id/397184

Sola_Fide
05-20-2011, 06:57 PM
Ron placed third ahead of Romney. Thats awesome.

sailingaway
05-20-2011, 07:03 PM
Isn't this that same weird poll that was out before?

I'm not worried about Cain, he's like Trump. It is easy to see why he's popular, and easy to see it is fake. People will find out.

Paulatized
05-20-2011, 07:33 PM
Zogby’s other points in the exclusive Newsmax.TV interview:

* Ron Paul, he said, is “a 10 percenter,” solid and “very intense” support, that is limited. While it’s hard to see him winning the nomination, Zogby said, his supporters are very passionate about his candidacy. :(

Let's show'em "very Intense." Did they ever think there might be a reason for that?

sailingaway
05-20-2011, 07:35 PM
Zogby’s other points in the exclusive Newsmax.TV interview:

* Ron Paul, he said, is “a 10 percenter,” solid and “very intense” support, that is limited. While it’s hard to see him winning the nomination, Zogby said, his supporters are very passionate about his candidacy. :(

Let's show'em "very Intense." Did they ever think there might be a reason for that?

While it is hard to say someone who is at 10% ISN'T a 'ten percenter', at the moment, he was previously a three percenter, and his support has risen, and shall rise again. Not to mention that this poll is just freakish.

Zogby is incredibly biased for a person trying to pretend his polls are neutral.

AdamT
05-20-2011, 07:52 PM
Lunz's BS "focus group" is responsible for this. It's shocking how gullible people who believe the hollow BS they see/hear on TV are.

headhawg7
05-20-2011, 07:57 PM
Lunz's BS "focus group" is responsible for this. It's shocking how gullible people who believe the hollow BS they see/hear on TV are.

A few years ago I would have been shocked as well. I am not shocked by much of anything anymore. So much is being done out in the open with no consequences.

AlexMerced
05-20-2011, 08:02 PM
I just filled out the survey for their next poll, if you don't subscribe to get the surveys, you don't get them so it's biased towards the subscriber base so this poll just means that Herman Cains online grassroots is growing and is the equivalent of Hucks Army was to us in 2008. I wouldn't underestimate Herman Cains support, he had active support before the debate he had obsessive twitterers that I'd see scrolling on my tweetdeck.

Just saying to me Herman Cain is the one we should be worried about more than anyone else.

He has the grassroots support to give us some trouble in Iowa where organization is key, we are super organized but he's an easier sell to the Iowa crowd.

Anti Federalist
05-20-2011, 08:06 PM

No one wants to come out and say it, but I will.

This is just the GOP base playing "race card rummy".

"Hey look, we got a black guy too, and our black guy is better than your black guy".

MisterTickle
05-20-2011, 08:06 PM
I really don't know who's a threat anymore. Every "poll" I see returns different winners. I think we need to wait until we get closer to the Iowa primaries before we really see where people are leaning.

realtonygoodwin
05-20-2011, 08:12 PM
Non-scientific poll, has no weight.

Chieppa1
05-20-2011, 08:15 PM

"Hey look, we got a black guy too, and our black guy is better than your black guy".

This. I said it on Twitter after the debate. It...didn't go well.

KingRobbStark
05-20-2011, 08:31 PM
Most of the GOP is a bit racist, so Cain wont go anyware. And if the media tries to portray him as the front runner, then that just means more votes for us.

TCE
05-20-2011, 08:37 PM
You mean Zogby, the worst pollster of all-time? (http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/search/label/pollster%20ratings) Yeah...move along.

Anti Federalist
05-20-2011, 08:40 PM
This. I said it on Twitter after the debate. It...didn't go well.

I feel for ya brother, I imagine it did not.

Anti Federalist
05-20-2011, 08:42 PM
Most of the GOP is a bit racist, so Cain wont go anyware. And if the media tries to portray him as the front runner, then that just means more votes for us.

That's what's driving this, a fit of "anti-racism" to prove that they're not racists.

"See, see, will to vote for a black man, see??!!"

Matthew Zak
05-20-2011, 08:49 PM
I think the best thing we can do is learn how to discuss the issues, and turn Ron Paul on to as many of our friends as we can. The message will spread. Let's not worry about other candidates.

BlackTerrel
05-20-2011, 09:11 PM
Non-scientific poll, has no weight.

This. This goes against every other poll out there. I wouldn't pay much attention to it.

BlackTerrel
05-20-2011, 09:12 PM

Yeah I don't buy it. I don't really buy it about Obama much either. Definitely not among Republicans.

Cain is a smart guy and successful businessman and some people actually like him irrespective of the color of his skin. Such is life.

Johncjackson
05-20-2011, 09:56 PM
Isn't this that same weird poll that was out before?

I'm not worried about Cain, he's like Trump. It is easy to see why he's popular, and easy to see it is fake. People will find out.

Yes, it's an old poll. At least "old" as far as news and forums on the internet go. Same poll that was out before showing Christie with 17%.

Johncjackson
05-20-2011, 10:03 PM

I really don't see it that way, but I do see some similarities. A lot of people dismissed Obama as sort of a good orator who speaks well but doesn't really say anything. Honestly, Cain came off the same way to me.. though tbh "blacker" sounding.. or maybe it's less "black" and more "South", but frankly when Cain speaks I feel like he's a Republican Jesse Jackson. He has a certain speaking style that people respond to, but he didn't say anything specific from what I could tell. When the Lunz people were talking about him giving specifics, I had no idea what universe they live in. It seemed like these were the same people who would say Obama is an empty suit/teleprompter.

tangent4ronpaul
05-20-2011, 10:04 PM
So he;'s polling 3% ahead of a guy that has repeatedly stated he IS NOT RUNNING! I'd like to see a poll where that not running guy isn't included....

doodle
05-20-2011, 10:06 PM
I see him rising in GOP polls Trump style a good thing, is he the "leader" in GOP polls yet? That would be even better.

LINK (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?292980-No-need-to-waste-any-time-on-him&p=3274936&viewfull=1#post3274936)

Original_Intent
05-20-2011, 10:13 PM

Herman Cain said it: "Nominate me and you take the race card away." I kid you not.

Anti Federalist
05-20-2011, 10:16 PM
Herman Cain said it: "Nominate me and you take the race card away." I kid you not.

There you go.

Case closed.

Dr.3D
05-20-2011, 10:18 PM

Seems like it would come right back again when people began to complain about his policies as president.

Carehn
05-20-2011, 10:53 PM
Cain is polling well because the talking heads on AM told the people he should be. Thats all it is. Nothing to do with race or any thing he said or even his stance on issues. A retarded cat would poll well if the AM talking heads push it. This game will not last much longer but as of now many people xerox there political positions as to avoid the effort of having to think. When a gallon of milk is at 10 bucks people will have to start thinking again.

cindy25
05-20-2011, 11:22 PM
Cain is not stupid, and by running for president he is positioning himself for VP (if Obama does not run) , the Cabinet, or perhaps Senator from Georgia.

Republicans will elect blacks to congress, something white Democrats have never done.

parocks
05-21-2011, 03:01 PM
Cain won't win. You have to be able to convince Republicans that you deserve that gold watch. Palin, Gingrich, Romney, Paul, and maybe Bachmann can say "i deserve that gold watch" with a straight face.

But Cain could hurt Paul, by competing for the votes of the same people as Ron Paul, perhaps.

With Palin in, the Conservative side has better candidates than 2008. Sarah Palin, Michelle Bachmann, Herman Cain are better than Fred Thompson and Duncan Hunter.

Cain, because there are so many Conservatives, should recraft his message somewhat to target explicitly Romney supporters, Gingrich supporters. Cain has a wonderful elite resume including the Fed that is sure to appeal to country clubbers, Romney supporters, establishment.

LisaNY
05-21-2011, 03:03 PM
Cain is not stupid, and by running for president he is positioning himself for VP (if Obama does not run) , the Cabinet, or perhaps Senator from Georgia.

or Chairman of the Federal Reserve?

anaconda
05-21-2011, 03:31 PM
I smell a rat here. This is reminiscent of the inexplicable McCain surge from New Hampshire forward. Is it possible that there is some fix in? I struggle to come up with any reason that people would support Herman Cain. Unless there's some weird race card thing going on. I wouldn't think he would have any name recognition, despite one debate appearance.

ds21089
05-21-2011, 03:34 PM
I smell a rat here. This is reminiscent of the inexplicable McCain surge from New Hampshire forward. Is it possible that there is some fix in? I struggle to come up with any reason that people would support Herman Cain. Unless there's some weird race card thing going on. I wouldn't think he would have any name recognition, despite one debate appearance.

Almost all 3rd party online polling sites show Cain at very low %s, but the more-known ones (easier targets by corporations) always seem to show him at ridiculously high numbers.

anaconda
05-21-2011, 03:37 PM
Almost all 3rd party online polling sites show Cain at very low %s, but the more-known ones (easier targets by corporations) always seem to show him at ridiculously high numbers.

Interesting indeed. So, what's your explanation?

anaconda
05-21-2011, 03:38 PM
This poll confuses me. In the same paragraph it says that only 9% support Romney. Then it says 31% think he will win. (???)

BlackTerrel
05-21-2011, 03:44 PM
This poll confuses me. In the same paragraph it says that only 9% support Romney. Then it says 31% think he will win. (???)

This is not a scientific poll. The last legit poll we saw had Cain at 4%.

anaconda
05-21-2011, 03:48 PM
Interesting omission near the end when they listed the candidates with "the least resistance (the % that would never vote for a certain candidate). No mention of Ron Paul. I wonder if maybe it's because Ron has "low resistance" poll numbers and it would throw a monkey wrench into their presentation?

amonasro
05-21-2011, 03:49 PM
MSM is pushing Cain so he's polling well. The sheeple will vote for whoever talk radio tells them is a good candidate, plain and simple. Today I heard an ABC newsbreak on a major AM radio station that talked about all the potential presidential candidates except Paul. Romney, Pawlenty (who's expected to announce soon) and Cain (the "Tea Party favorite") are the only three they mentioned.

I know most of you don't listen to any form of MSM, but you should. It will give you a different perspective and shed more light on why we're losing already.

BlackTerrel
05-21-2011, 03:49 PM

There you go.

Case closed.

I don't think that's enough to close the case.

parocks
05-21-2011, 03:56 PM
He's another guy to talk about so Romney and Gingrich don't get too much unnecessary examination of their records. The inexplicable McCain surge came from the fact that he was the one who most Republicans felt deserved the Gold Watch. The parallel to McCain NH 2008 would be Newt in South Carolina this year.

Republicans never pick someone unknown. And interestingly enough, Ron Paul is one of the few who isn't unknown, and many polls have him 2-5. None of the Pawlenties, Daniels, Cains, Johnsons, Santorums, Huntsmans have any chance of winning because you really have to be paying very close attention to this particular political race.

Palin, Gingrich, Romney, Bachmann, Paul. All well known enough. Nobody else on any list. People like Dan Quayle and a bunch of old names could also win.

parocks
05-21-2011, 03:57 PM
Cain is doing quite well at Free Republic, so not everything Cain is illusory.

Napoleon's Shadow
05-21-2011, 09:55 PM
Cain will take votes that would've otherwise gone to Ron from the Tea Party types. We MUST spread around his negative amongst the tea partiers.

TCE
05-21-2011, 10:11 PM
You mean Zogby, the worst pollster of all-time? (http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/search/label/pollster%20ratings) Yeah...move along.

Just in case any of you missed it. Zogby is absolute garbage, so Cain's "rise" is completely illusory until a legitimate polling firm confirms or denies this.

BeautifulWorld
05-21-2011, 10:14 PM
Herman Cain is a bankers delight.
http://004eeb5.netsolhost.com/hc133.htm

He said the Federal Reserve shouldn't be audited.
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread700072/pg1

Judson Phillips is pushing his minions to back Cain. Do not make the mistake of pooh poohing Phillips as nonthreatening. He is very, very dangerous. Mark my words.