PDA

View Full Version : Pawlenty to announce candidency on Monday (Bachman and Cain next week)

tangent4ronpaul
05-20-2011, 05:40 PM
http://www.sacbee.com/2011/05/20/3641906/pawlenty-to-announce-candidacy.html

Bachman and Cain have also indicated they will announce next week.

-t

RileyE104
05-20-2011, 05:50 PM
Bring it.

tangent4ronpaul
05-21-2011, 08:08 AM
blimp

Aratus
05-21-2011, 08:36 AM
tis T-Paw, Cain + Bachman
in overdrive on Monday...?

Lovecraftian4Paul
05-21-2011, 09:35 AM
The more I think about it, Bachmann running could help remove the left's attacks on Ron Paul. They hate her ferociously. She'll be the prime target for liberals if she does get into the race.

sailingaway
05-21-2011, 10:07 AM
Actually, Cain announced last night that he is announcing today, and his folks are all over twitter today. They don't like it when I tweet links to his love of TARP, though.

COpatriot
05-21-2011, 10:23 AM
Bachmann is a moron and Cain won't last long saying "I would make an informed decision" all the damn time. Only one to worry about here is Pawlenty who is big time anti-abortion and will have a huge appeal to soCONS/values voters.

sailingaway
05-21-2011, 10:45 AM
Bachmann is a moron and Cain won't last long saying "I would make an informed decision" all the damn time. Only one to worry about here is Pawlenty who is big time anti-abortion and will have a huge appeal to soCONS/values voters.

Bachmann is a real threat, not so much to beat Ron as to take support he could win, but it is what it is. I can't tolerate her position on the Patriot Act, but if I had learned about her in this election before I learned about Ron and questioned a lot of things, I might not have looked further. And assuming she stays in to get her name out then folds early, to be in the mix next time, we will want to pick up those of her supporters who are following her for Ron's positions. But it is bad for Ron in picking up his snowball effect.

Cain is a TARP loving federal reserve branch chief, and Pawlenty is irrelevant to us because he's a moderate squish. Bachmann is the only one who will impact us once Cain's record is known.

My concern is over Iowa, and Ron getting the support he needs to kick start things there. PPP had him ahead of Bachmann with Huckabee out, but if he had a good share of her numbers too, that is where we'd really like to be.