realtonygoodwin
05-20-2011, 04:47 PM
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0511/55396.html

sailingaway
05-20-2011, 04:54 PM
That's hilarious!

S.Shorland
05-20-2011, 05:14 PM
This is ALL because of Paul.Every last bit of it! It's just a shame that there is even the possibility that gullible Americans could fall for an establishment liar when the real thing is available and right in front of them.

Romulus
05-20-2011, 05:22 PM
Lip service take 1. I like these guys pushing a 'flat tax' or 'fair tax' though... its sure to sink their campaign.

Ex Lux lucis
05-20-2011, 05:24 PM
First Cain with the gold standard... now Timmy with this.

Give it a rest guys. You'll never be a Paul

Sola_Fide
05-20-2011, 05:48 PM
LoLoLoLoL

Romulus
05-20-2011, 06:03 PM
Up next, Santorum talks about the Constitution.

realtonygoodwin
05-20-2011, 06:35 PM
:)

Legend1104
05-20-2011, 07:39 PM
The sad part is it still does not give us any hope. Even if one of these clowns ran and won strictly because of a pro-gold standard issue, they would NEVER EVER actually do it. Or, they would create some bretton woods knock-off.

Napoleon's Shadow
05-20-2011, 07:43 PM
As early as 2007 Huck was starting to copy Ron's rhetoric with "I want to abolish the IRS and the income tax".

That means that at least we are making a dent and we are still winning because we are FORCING them to come over toward us.

Liberty Shark
05-20-2011, 10:45 PM
The sad part is it still does not give us any hope. Even if one of these clowns ran and won strictly because of a pro-gold standard issue, they would NEVER EVER actually do it. Or, they would create some bretton woods knock-off.

Exactly. Lately I've been listening to Larry Kudlow (host of CNBC show) Saturday radio show, and Kudlow has been advocating that the dollar "be tied to gold". This is similar to what Steve Forbes has been arguing lately, as well as Lew Luhrman. The problem here is that they aren't referring to the gold standard that I think the majority of us are advocating, which for me is the classical gold standard meaning the dollar is defined as a certain weight of gold.
Kudlow is from what I can tell a supply-sider / monetarist, which is odd because Milton Friedman was not an advocate for gold. I think a lot of people like Forbes, Kudlow, and Lehrman are pushing for a totally flawed type of gold standard, one similar to the Bretton Woods system, which will be a total failure. Also these people are total neocons and warmongers. How could there political system possibly operate under a true gold standard?
Many candidates, such as Pawlenty will have all of their advisors try to find hotbutton issues that the public is interested in and give lip-service to them to try to get more votes.

Cleaner44
05-22-2011, 08:32 PM
As early as 2007 Huck was starting to copy Ron's rhetoric with "I want to abolish the IRS and the income tax".

That means that at least we are making a dent and we are still winning because we are FORCING them to come over toward us.

You are right and this is important. We are changing things. We are remaking the Republican party. WINNING!

anaconda
05-22-2011, 08:37 PM
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0511/55396.html

Apparently Ron Paul's ideas do not qualify him for inclusion in the photo with these other titans of economic policy.