PDA

View Full Version : FL-Orlando cop takes down 100 lb., woman bashing out her front teeth, lies on report.

Anti Federalist
05-20-2011, 11:52 AM
Woman: Orlando Cop Broke My Teeth In Takedown

http://www.clickorlando.com/2011/0519/27954270_240X245.jpg

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/27952314/detail.html

ORLANDO, Fla. -- A veteran Orlando police officer is under investigation after Local 6 News started asking questions about surveillance video that shows the officer using an "arm bar" technique on a 100-pound woman whose teeth were broken after she landed face-first on the ground.

VIDEO: Incident Caught On City Cam

The video, captured by a city camera and obtained by investigative reporter Mike Holfeld, shows Officer Livio Beccaccio taking 20-year-old Lisa Wareham by the left arm before she hits the pavement.

The incident happened Feb. 25 around 1:45 a.m. in the 100 block of East Central Boulevard across from the Orlando Library and was caught on video by an Innovative Response to Improve Safety (I.R.I.S.) camera mounted at Magnolia Avenue and Central Boulevard.

The incident broke Wareham's front teeth.

"It happened so fast. I was so scared. There is no way to describe it," she said.

Wareham, a single mother who was out with her friends at the time of the incident, said she could not believe what happened.

"I went to sit up and I felt something in my mouth. I spit (my teeth) out. I didn't even know what to think," she said.

Wareham said there was a disturbance nearby and a man was shoved into her. She said as she was questioning the man as to why he bumped into her, Beccaccio led her away and hurled her to the ground.

Beccaccio's police report said, "Wareham, with her right hand, reached across her body and smacked me several times in my right hand and arm."

The video shows Beccaccio holding Wareham by her left arm, and she ends up on the pavement in less than 10 seconds.

Wareham never appears to resist or try to strike Beccaccio, the video shows.

In the official report, Beccaccio writes, "Wareham stumbled forward and fell to the pavement."

Beccaccio was there responding to the disturbance, but the video shows the scene to be calm when Becacccio and other OPD officers arrived.

Wareham was charged with resisting arrest and assaulting an officer.

The state attorney's office is reviewing the case against her.

Spokesperson Daniel Tavernier said the case is still "pending."

Winter Park attorney Andrew Zelman is representing Wareham in the case.

He said OPD has had the video since at least March.

According to Zelman, nothing was being done about the case until Holfeld's investigation into alleged excessive force cases involving the Orlando Police Department aired Monday night on Local 6.

OPD Lt. Barbara Jones sent an email to Holfeld on Wednesday confirming that the incident "is being reviewed and under official investigation."

Orlando Mayor Buddy Dyer said he wants all the facts but assured Holfeld there would be no double standard.

"We investigate our own and if there is cause to punish somebody, then those actions are taken," Dyer said.

Watch Local 6 News for more on this story

belian78
05-20-2011, 12:05 PM
That fucking pig would be paying for my dental work, and a hefty amount aside.

I read these posts everyday and just get angrier and angrier, I'm sure I'm not alone either. When will it come to a head?

doodle
05-20-2011, 12:06 PM
Reminded me of this news, although happened in a different part of the world:

Female boxer pummels police

Police officers in for unpleasant surprise after taking on Israel's former boxing champion

Published: 05.19.11

A recent encounter between police and a young woman, who happens to be a former boxing champion, ended with an injured officer being taken to hospital, Yediot Ahronoth reported Thursday.

The 26-year-old woman was Israel's boxing champion for seven years and at one point took second place in the European boxing championship.

A few days ago, the woman was informed about a fire raging in her mother's home in the northern town of Afula and rushed to the scene. Upon arrival at the site she spotted a relative in a police cruiser, approached the vehicle and opened its door.

"One policemen jumped at me and pulled my hair," she said. "I realized he was about to punch me so I moved away and punched him in the face. He wanted to beat me up so I ducked again, got up and punched him in the face a few times. At that point another policeman arrived and pulled me by the hair."

The former champion did not give up and used some of her old tricks to try and overcome the second police officer.

LINK (http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/1,7340,L-4071264,00.html)

JohnMeridith
05-20-2011, 12:10 PM
Watch the video, what a pussy cop

Agorism
05-20-2011, 12:12 PM
That fucking pig would be paying for my dental work, and a hefty amount aside.

I read these posts everyday and just get angrier and angrier, I'm sure I'm not alone either. When will it come to a head?

It's kind of like when they give you a bogus ticket that they know is bullshit.

You're the who has to take the day off, go to court, form and argument, and if you're lucky get out of it.

All they did is hand you a piece of paper while taking out some anger on you and then moved along on his way.

Anti Federalist
05-20-2011, 12:13 PM

If that happened here, in all likelihood that woman would not have survived the encounter.

tsai3904
05-20-2011, 12:17 PM
OPD has had the video since at least March.

Sad that it took a news organization questioning police before they started investigating even though they had the video since March.

libertyjam
05-20-2011, 12:18 PM
http://lewrockwell.com/peters-e/peters-e49.1.html

amy31416
05-20-2011, 12:20 PM

Hahahaha...the cops are such wusses that they pull her hair--like a couple of pre-teen girls.

Krugerrand
05-20-2011, 12:22 PM
Sad that it took a news organization questioning police before they started investigating even though they had the video since March.

THIS should be the subject of an investigation as well.

GuerrillaXXI
05-20-2011, 12:24 PM
In the official report, Beccaccio writes, "Wareham stumbled forward and fell to the pavement."Typical lying pig with not an honorable bone in his body. And it goes without saying that he's a pussy, manhandling a 100-lb woman in order to feel tough. He wouldn't dare try anything on a strapping 200-lb man unless he was on-duty, backed up by his pig buddies with Tasers all around.

Brian4Liberty
05-20-2011, 12:27 PM
Fire the cop. Charge him with assault and battery.

amy31416
05-20-2011, 12:30 PM
Typical lying pig with not an honorable bone in his body. And it goes without saying that he's a pussy, manhandling a 100-lb woman in order to feel tough. He wouldn't dare try anything on a strapping 200-lb man unless he was on-duty, backed up by his pig buddies with Tasers all around.

Here's some cops trying to take on a strapping 200+lb EMT who's attempting to transport an elderly woman to the hospital.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaTMR6O7Q7c&feature=related

Anti Federalist
05-20-2011, 12:35 PM
http://lewrockwell.com/peters-e/peters-e49.1.html

That deserves a cut and paste job, I really enjoy this fellow's writings, 99 times out of a hundred, he's read my mind:

When Decent People Start to Fear – and Loathe Cops…

by Eric Peters
EricPetersAutos.com

Most everyone has witnessed cops speeeeeding – not on a call, just driving somewhere . Yet they can do it with impunity.

Case in point: A few months back, the wife and I were returning home from Northern Va., driving on I-81. The speed limit at the time was 65 MPH. A state cop ahead of us was toodling along at about 75. I followed him (discreetly, at a distance, in a pack of cars) for more than a half hour. This same cop undoubtedly issues big bucks tickets to Mere Ordinaries (Will Grigg’s excellent term) for doing exactly the same thing. They’re not cops, of course – which is why it’s not exactly the same thing.

And why they get ticketed.

I know some will defend the cops by saying they probably know it’s ridiculous, too – that is, speed limits/enforcement – but they’re just doing their job.

Well, that “Nuremburg defense” doesn’t fly with me. It didn’t use to fly with most Americans, either – until, that is, we became a nation of neo-Weimar cringers and badge-lickers who accept any affront by law enforcement if it’s done “for our safety.”

At one time, I considered applying to be a cop because I liked idea of being a peace officer – that is, going after bad guys. But the fact is most cops spend a lot of their time – possibly a majority of their time – pestering/harassing/fleecing decent people over BS “violations” that only a BTK-like sociopath would feel good about enforcing.

Not surprisingly, we’re hearing more about (and seeing more, thanks to portable video rigs) BTK-esque goons with badges and official state sanction visiting almost unbelievably disproportionate acts of physical brutality on Mere Ordinaries over even minor (and absolutely non-violent) challenges to their “authority.”

Here’s a an especially horrific recent example:

In Washington State, a thug cop named Matt Paul who had previously body-slammed and paralyzed for life an innocent man over a suspected minor offense later tried the same trick on a citizen who happened to be out walking one day when he witnessed this same cop berating some more Mere Ordinaries and dared to film the episode. When the Mere Ordinary with the video rig attempted to walk away, and inadvertently jaywalked in so doing, this thug cop plastered the Mere Ordinary’s face into the concrete, breaking his nose in the process. And his superiors continue to defend him – the thug cop, that is.

See here for more details:

Some will dismiss the case just mentioned as exceptional and aberrant – but the plain fact is that the sort of extreme physical violence deployed so casually – so eagerly – by such as Officer Matt Paul is now implicitly ready to explode anytime a Mere Ordinary runs up against a cop. For example, see what happens if you happen to be out driving one night and, noticing a “safety checkpoint” up ahead, decide you’d rather not spend 10 (or even 5) minutes being subjected to an arbitrary detainment and interrogation – and turn your car around (legally) and head the other way. You will very shortly feel like OJ in his white Bronco – except of course you didn’t just murder two people. If you decline to pull over, the situation will escalate. And even if you do pull over, it will escalate – not because you did anything that in a formerly free America could be characterized as illegal. But because you challenged the Authority of Law Enforcement. At the very least, you will be subjected to an even heavier-handed interrogation, probably including a physical pat down and search of your vehicle – for doing nothing more than turning your car around and attempting to avoid their “checkpoint.”

Then there is the notorious case of the motorcyclist – another Mere Ordinary – who had a gun drawn on him by a plainclothes cop … because the Mere Ordinary was speeeeeding. Here’s the video.

That was bad enough. But worse was yet to come after the Mere Ordinary posted the video above on YouTube. The Maryland State Police executed a major raid on the Mere Ordinary’s home, seizing his computers and other personal property because in Maryland, you see, it is illegal to film cops doing their (cough) duty – even though they can and do film the Mere Ordinaries they process every day, using said video as evidence against them.

All of this is bad business – for the cops as well as Mere Ordinaries. Because, ultimately, when Mere Ordinaries come to view cops with contempt, as potentially dangerous thugs to fear and avoid rather than peace officers – they’ve lost moral legitimacy and once that’s gone, the only thing keeping the populace from literally tearing them to pieces at the first opportunity is just exactly that: The first opportunity.

Someday, perhaps soon, that opportunity will come – just as it did in Egypt and before that, in places like Vichy Paris, after the Nazis fled and the Vichy goons found themselves no longer large and in charge.

It’s not going to be pretty. For us – or for them.

Krugerrand
05-20-2011, 12:37 PM
Fire the cop. Charge him with assault and battery.

I'm sure filing a false statement in a police report is some sort of offense as well.

jkr
05-20-2011, 01:25 PM
wOw, some one needs that head knocked!
we need a civilian "police" force to police the police.

sound familiar?

pcosmar
05-20-2011, 01:40 PM
I'm sure filing a false statement in a police report is some sort of offense as well.

It's Called Testilying (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Testilying), and is quite common.
Business as usual even. Accepted without question in the courts.
It is being caught more often today due to recording devices also being common.

BamaAla
05-20-2011, 01:48 PM
Here's some cops trying to take on a strapping 200+lb EMT who's attempting to transport an elderly woman to the hospital

WOW! Talk about a motherfucker on a power trip. That dude needs to be chained up to a stump out in the swamp.

pcosmar
05-20-2011, 01:52 PM
Here's some cops trying to take on a strapping 200+lb EMT who's attempting to transport an elderly woman to the hospital.

Whoa,
That worthless piece of shit should have been left there in a puddle of blood and cleaned up by scavengers.
It needs to happen and happen often till this shit stops.

amy31416
05-20-2011, 01:55 PM
WOW! Talk about a motherfucker on a power trip. That dude needs to be chained up to a stump out in the swamp.

Yes.

Whoa,
That worthless piece of shit should have been left there in a puddle of blood and cleaned up by scavengers.

And yes.

Krugerrand
05-20-2011, 01:56 PM
Whoa,

This is where public humiliation should be used as a tool. Billboards posted in the guys neighborhoods about the jerk who would let EMS take somebody to a hospital because his ego was bruised. Send the video to all his friends and family pointing out how worthless he is.

He should have to hear his own child ask: "Daddy, why is your face on that billboard where is says "Jack Ass"?"

BamaAla
05-20-2011, 01:57 PM
Whoa,

Yes.

And yes.

Never fear; there was indeed retribution...only the other way around. Poor man is going to marked for life as a "non-complier."

http://statter911.com/2010/01/11/maurice-white-jr-arrested-following-traffic-stop-oklahoma-paramedic-who-was-at-the-center-of-confrontation-with-ohp-is-accused-of-resisting-arrest/

amy31416
05-20-2011, 02:00 PM
Never fear; there was indeed retribution...only the other way around. Poor man is going to marked for life as a "non-complier."

http://statter911.com/2010/01/11/maurice-white-jr-arrested-following-traffic-stop-oklahoma-paramedic-who-was-at-the-center-of-confrontation-with-ohp-is-accused-of-resisting-arrest/

Can you say "targeted?"

Fellows like him are the folks who we should somehow help.

heavenlyboy34
05-20-2011, 02:04 PM

What kind of sick, soulless bastard does this? :eek:

BamaAla
05-20-2011, 02:15 PM
Can you say "targeted?"

Fellows like him are the folks who we should somehow help.

Absolutely. "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to amy31416 again."

mport1
05-20-2011, 02:18 PM
At least she isn't dead. You gotta always look on the bright side of encounters with cops nowadays.

pcosmar
05-20-2011, 02:19 PM
What kind of sick, soulless bastard does this? :eek:

One with a badge of the State and the immunity that goes with it.

This is why the entire Concept of Police needs to be rethought.
It has NO place in a free society.
http://www.constitution.org/lrev/roots/cops.htm

mport1
05-20-2011, 02:25 PM

Agreed. We must end the violent, protection monopoly. Then we could actually have protection and not these kind of thugs.

s35wf
05-20-2011, 03:19 PM
FL is very much a police state. Orlando opd has got to be one of the most corrupt police organizations in the country. They follow me around for 30 min at a time; I know its just cause of the bumper stickers on the back of my car. :)

In the ticket industry (which ive temporarily stepped away from) they just raid the booths, confiscate the $$$ & ticket inventory and leave...saying we'll be back to arrest you later. Im talking literally THOUSANDS of Cash & Ticket Inventory per booth/welcome ctr. just "taken" from ticket brokers & put into the "cops" pockets.

JK/SEA
05-20-2011, 03:30 PM
It's clear she had it coming. Just look at her. She's one scary looking female. I'd be afraid to mess with that. Cop deserves a medal for bravery.

heavenlyboy34
05-20-2011, 04:15 PM

+infinity

Napoleon's Shadow
05-20-2011, 04:16 PM
http://www.wftv.com/news/27968788/detail.html

According to the news this particular cop has been cited for using force 9 times in their career. The PD also released a statement saying that "there is no need for him to be off the street while this investigation is ongoing".

KingRobbStark
05-20-2011, 04:56 PM
I hate it when the cops claims that they are doing it for their OWN safety. If you fear your OWN safety, then why the fuck did you become a cop?

Brian4Liberty
05-20-2011, 10:59 PM

Yep. Or as someone said, "power corrupts". ;)

daviddee
05-21-2011, 12:46 AM

goRPaul
05-21-2011, 03:25 AM
Being an Orlando native, this incident is still in my mind- Cop asks teen the capital of Thailand (http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2010-01-21/news/os-orange-county-deputy-resigns-20100121_1_deputy-sheriff-resigns-teen) and hits him in the groin.