PDA

View Full Version : Our military has LITERALLY lost over $2 trillion.

centure7
10-28-2007, 12:59 AM
This is an old report how our Pentagon simply looses track of hundreds of millions each year.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaMxaykpi5o

I don't mean they wasted 2 trillion... I mean they LOST it.

OptionsTrader
10-28-2007, 01:23 AM
Money isn't lost, it is spent. And before it is spent on building the empire it is stolen from you via Federal reserve policy of constant monetary inflation by credit creation and endless borrowing.

The dollar index was 120 in 2001-2002 before the government raped our wallets. Was at an all time low of 76.9 on Friday. Feel poor but earning "a lot" of money? Here's why:

Dollar index:
http://i20.tinypic.com/2nqzmmf.png

TooConservative
10-28-2007, 01:34 AM
Most of that money you're saying is lost is how we fund black budget military research. So it isn't lost. It's hidden from the public and supposedly from our foreign enemies. Notice that I'm separating enemies into two groups: foreign and domestic. That's how our government actually views these things.

There was a bunch of cash that went missing in Iraq.

So far, it appears that the real amount missing in Iraq was around $12 billion, not $2 trillion.

We sent back planeloads of cash in small bills which was the 1.7 billion of Saddam's assets we had here since the Gulf War. We added more money to pay Iraqi government employees. A bunch of it did disappear, possibly payoffs to key Iraqis, to tribal chiefs, money to fund CIA operations in Iraq or around the world.

The Pentagon has a lot of no-bid contracts and cost-plus contracts that waste a lot of money. They have an expedited payment system where they just pay for most any invoice that doesn't look completely faked.

You'll never get full accountability of the Pentagon budget. They have too many programs they want to hide. Both parties help hide it, both parties have porkbarrel military projects in the home districts of key members of Congress.

One of the reasons you'll never find out much about the real flow of money is that so many top Pentagon officials and generals have that revolving door thing with major defense contractors and their business allies. It's how they control the professional military, sweetheart deals and highly paid no-show jobs in the private sector.