PDA

View Full Version : Why did Obama's Osama poll boost get buried at sea so quickly too?

doodle
05-20-2011, 12:28 AM
Very interesting question and answer:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2011/05/obama-job-approval-down-gallup-osama-bin-laden-dead-.html

cindy25
05-20-2011, 01:53 AM
no one was personally effected by Bin Laden's death. just as no one is directly effected by the debt ceiling. voters vote based on short term self interest.

lynnf
05-20-2011, 05:31 AM
Very interesting question and answer:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2011/05/obama-job-approval-down-gallup-osama-bin-laden-dead-.html

could it be that the public is finally smelling the stench of their corruption?

doodle
05-20-2011, 10:52 AM
no one was personally effected by Bin Laden's death. just as no one is directly effected by the debt ceiling. voters vote based on short term self interest.

At least people won't have to take their shoes off or be touched at private sex organs by Obama appointed agencies at the airports.

could it be that the public is finally smelling the stench of their corruption?

That is a good possibility. Also, only 29% of Americans see America heading in the right direction.

Anti Federalist
05-20-2011, 11:44 AM

That.

And a large segment of the population isn't buying the story anyway.

doodle
05-22-2011, 11:00 AM
That.

And a large segment of the population isn't buying the story anyway.

That seems to be the case.

tribute_13
05-22-2011, 11:05 AM
I called this back when Osama was first executed. Back when Bush was president he experienced a massive poll boost when he captured and tried Saddam Hussein, but within months he was worse off than before. Why? Because the economy is an issue that hits home with voters. Same with Obama. The economy is still such a driving issue with voters, we could capture and kill every terrorist known to man, but if Americans are still losing their jobs and homes, no one gives a damn about foreign policy.

PaulConventionWV
05-22-2011, 12:06 PM
I called this back when Osama was first executed. Back when Bush was president he experienced a massive poll boost when he captured and tried Saddam Hussein, but within months he was worse off than before. Why? Because the economy is an issue that hits home with voters. Same with Obama. The economy is still such a driving issue with voters, we could capture and kill every terrorist known to man, but if Americans are still losing their jobs and homes, no one gives a damn about foreign policy.

+rep

This makes a lot of sense. This is also positive when you think about how Ron has been attacked for saying stuff about Pakistani sovereignty. In time, I don't think it will be an issue. Osama is dead, so I don't think most people will care about how he treats other nations' sovereignty. His foreign policy views are very popular, though. He is also a slam dunk on the economy. People are looking for different options. They've been hearing this stuff about lame stimulus spending that doesn't actually do anything except make Americans worse off and raises their prices. In this case, Ron's message hits right home with them. I like how this is playing out, but I really do worry that Americans still won't be able to see through the ruse. What will it take before people see that we need a different approach, and Ron is the only one offering this? Even Gary Johnson isn't an expert on the economy. He takes the same path as the mainstream candidates by saying he would conduct a "cost-benefit analysis." That is nowhere near a real answer because it doesn't explain how the system would change for the better. I really do hope it's not too late.

BlackTerrel
05-22-2011, 12:58 PM

This.

There's a feeling of "yeah we got him" in the first couple days. Then everything goes back to normal, we move on. That is how life works.