PDA

View Full Version : Patriot Act To Be Extended 4 Years!

knarf
05-19-2011, 06:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_jWv6SdIsU

Carehn
05-19-2011, 06:51 PM
Im calling my congress shit head now!

doodle
05-19-2011, 06:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_jWv6SdIsU

Notorious neocon and scumbag David Frum who wrote infamous speech to advocate revenge attack against Iraqi people is lying. OBL was not the catalyst but a symptom of problem, root cause is elsewhere. Otherwise why Israelis were undressing kids back in 70s at airports when OBL was not even on the scene?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xx153bakIdQ&NR=1

ClayTrainor
05-19-2011, 06:58 PM
http://scienceblogs.com/gregladen/upload/2010/11/Michele_Bachmann_01.jpg

doodle
05-19-2011, 07:02 PM
A pic with no news..what's her story, was she groped or had some other liberties infringed upon by Obama appointed people?

ClayTrainor
05-19-2011, 07:04 PM
A pic with no news..what's her story, was she groped or had some other liberties infringed upon by Obama appointed people?

It's Michelle Bachmann, tea partier, and avid supporter of the Patriot Act.

doodle
05-19-2011, 07:06 PM
Oh ok, gotcha, she also says God will curse America if tax payers welfare aid to Israel is cut off.

But to her credit, she is logically consistent. Dropping guard and ending PA while US still funds Israeli occupaton of Palestinian people could be risky to tackle blowback risks.

Carehn
05-19-2011, 07:10 PM
It's Michelle Bachmann, tea partier, and avid supporter of the Patriot Act.

I bet she only supported the patriot act because it has the word "patriot" in it and now she would look stupid to back down. I hated the fact that fox news came out screaming she was somekind of tea party high up. They make her out to be some kind of grass roots thing and EVERY ONE just falls for it.

nolvorite
05-19-2011, 07:38 PM
Its okay to be bothered with this act, but I don't get the logic of seriously being disgusted by it since its not like they're gonna suspect any of you guys of doing something illegal. right?

Warrior_of_Freedom
05-19-2011, 07:40 PM
Its okay to be bothered with this act, but I don't get the logic of seriously being disgusted by it since its not like they're gonna suspect any of you guys of doing something illegal. right?

When you can be arrested now for "online bullying" I'm not sure what is legal anymore.

Carehn
05-19-2011, 07:55 PM

This is just the start of it. I am disgusted that they would do this even to actual terrorists if any even exist. I do not support a country of savages going around spying and groping and stilling. Then they have the nerve to tell me its for my own good! My rights have never been stomped on by a terrorist but they have by government.

Whats that stupid quote about coming for the church then the ***** then the jews and then it was to late to speak up? I dono. Y

You bettor start getting exited buddy.

jkr
05-19-2011, 08:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82CYNj7noic&feature=related

nolvorite
05-19-2011, 08:01 PM
..Whats that stupid quote about coming for the church then the ***** then the jews and then it was to late to speak up? I dono. Y
wait lol which one?

JohnGalt1225
05-19-2011, 08:35 PM
Figures. The "Patriot" Act is too good for the powers that be to pass up. We need to make sure that people know that Michelle supports the "Patriot" Act. Any friend of that disgusting Act is no friend of liberty.

Wesker1982
05-19-2011, 08:54 PM

Are you hiding anything illegal in your rectum? No? Do you mind if some state goons check just to make sure? Why not, you have nothing to hide, right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWcTNGltAME&feature=channel_video_title

Pericles
05-19-2011, 08:58 PM
You knew that the only purpose of a "temporary" extension was to pass the full extension under cover of darkness.

Austrian Econ Disciple
05-19-2011, 09:01 PM
I am just waiting until Christmas time to read that the Patriot Act has been extended indefinitely, and that in order to save money in the Defense Department Soldiers will now garrison in local populations houses for their protection against the evil-doers.

cindy25
05-19-2011, 09:43 PM
and yet IRS agent Bachmann is considered a front runner. Obama is better.

The Moravian
05-19-2011, 10:35 PM
Since you're new here, I had better explain what's wrong with the PATRIOT Act. Forgive the other folks for giving answers that don't meet you where you are.

The problem with the idea that "if you're not a terrorist you have nothing to hide" is that you may know that you're not a terrorist, but just saying that doesn't convince the feds. It's impossible to show evidence that you aren't something or don't have something. Would you be ok with the feds listening to your phone conversations, reading every email, text message and online chat, compiling your bank records and medical records without a warrant based on probable cause of a crime? They have this power under the PATRIOT Act, in violation of your 4th Amendment right to be secure in your person, house, papers and effects against unreasonable searches.

At the very least they could gather enough data, along with your SS number, to have the IRS perform an audit on you just to make your life miserable for a while, if they don't like what you're emailing, texting and talking on your phone about. Remember how Bill Clinton ordered the IRS to audit his political critics in the 1990s? It's just a matter of having the analysis technology to sort through all the communications history and decide which people are worthy targets. That technology exists now.

Liberty Rebellion
05-19-2011, 10:51 PM
Nick Merrill, Another Innocent Victim of the Patriot Act
http://peterbcollins.com/2011/02/18/boiling-frogs-nick-merrill-another-innocent-victim-of-the-patriot-act/

pcosmar
05-19-2011, 11:00 PM
You knew that the only purpose of a "temporary" extension was to pass the full extension under cover of darkness.

Yup.
I am surprised that some here are surprised. Who didn't expect this?
Who didn't see this coming?

Why?
Was it a Pollyanna complex?

Inkblots
05-19-2011, 11:25 PM

I assume you're joking. Please tell me you are.

Are you aware of the MIAC report (google it for news stories, or read it here (http://www.scribd.com/doc/13290698/The-Modern-Militia-MovementMissouri-MIAC-Strategic-Report-20Feb09-))? If you have a Ron Paul bumper sticker, or wear Ron Paul shirt, DHS is going to be watching you very closely, because you're likely to be a domestic terrorist. We're all suspects here, because we're Ron Paul supporters, and many of us also fall into other 'dangerous' groups like anti-abortion activists and the opposition to a national ID card.

The USA PATRIOT Act isn't primarily geared toward thwarting foreign terrorists, it's targeted at DOMESTIC terrorism; that's why this 'temporary' measure strips all US citizens of important First, Fourth, Fifth and Sixth Amendment rights; this abominable act marks the gravestone of over a third of the Bill of Rights.

To quote another fellow's summary of the freedoms the Act assaults:

Freedom of Association: The government may now monitor religious and political institutions without suspecting any criminal activity.

Freedom of Information: The government closed once-public immigration hearings, has detained hundreds of people without charges, and has openly encouraged bureaucrats to resist public records questions.

Freedom of Speech: The government may prosecute librarians or keepers of any other records if they tell anyone that the government subpoenaed information.

Legal Representation: The government can now monitor federal prison jailhouse conversations between attorneys and clients, and even deny lawyers to Americans accused of crimes.

Freedom From Unreasonable Searches: The FBI can now write their own warrants, and the government may search and seize Americans’ papers and effects without any probable cause.

Right to a Speedy Trial: The government may jail American citizens indefinitely, without a trial.

Right to Liberty: Americans may be jailed without ever being charged.

This effects ALL of us. You've seen the MIAC report on domestic terrorism; who knows what 'domestic terrorist' will come to mean in the future. If the government is once given the power to persecute and strip the freedoms of even a very bad man without the due process of law, it will maintain that power forever, and may one day use it against you. Or, as St. Thomas More might say:

Roper: So now you'd give the Devil benefit of law!

More: Yes. What would you do? Cut a great road through the law to get after the Devil?

Roper: I'd cut down every law in England to do that!

More: Oh? And when the last law was down, and the Devil turned round on you - where would you hide, Roper, the laws all being flat? This country's planted thick with laws from coast to coast - man's laws, not God's - and if you cut them down - and you're just the man to do it - d'you really think you could stand upright in the winds that would blow then? Yes, I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake.

I'm not merely disgusted by the USA Patriot Act - I fear it. I fear for my country, and I fear for myself and my children. And the winds are starting to blow.

amberjack
05-20-2011, 12:12 AM
Here's the AP article:

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jL1YcdW2mETm9K8j8FeSTn5_-alg?docId=aa7673bd9e5e4ed98dbe5f4a7ba340c5

Philhelm
05-20-2011, 01:03 AM
Fuckers.

knarf
05-20-2011, 02:33 AM
sucks huh?

mconder
05-20-2011, 10:09 AM
Tea Party = Completely co-opted.

AGRP
05-20-2011, 10:35 AM
Who was that member that continually supported Bachmann? I haven't seen him here in quite a while.

AGRP
05-20-2011, 10:40 AM
Wheres the vote tally?

Brett85
05-20-2011, 10:52 AM
Who was that member that continually supported Bachmann? I haven't seen him here in quite a while.

Who was that?

TruckinMike
05-21-2011, 08:12 AM
(Good Cop)

Frum: ...I don't think anyone wants it (the Patriot act) to be an on going part of America...with the killing of Bin Laden we hope to see a huge reduction in the threat from Al CIAda and we can look forward to a time when we can normalize some of these emergency regulations.

Help! My eyes are rolling to the back of my head :rolleyes:.. What a bunch unmitigated neo-con rhetoric. Telling us us exactly what we need to hear - so we will continue to support these trotskyite leftists. Please tell me more good master...

(see this thread: http://www.ronpaulforums.com)/showthread.php?293731-LRC-Podcast-202.-The-Truth-About-Neocons (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?293731-LRC-Podcast-202.-The-Truth-About-Neocons)

And the opposition.... (Bad Cop)

Martin:...We have to do certain things to be sure that Americans are protected. And do understand, when people criticize, even liberals, moderates, even some libertarians - when they criticize it is overreaching - but when something happens tragically then the question is - why didn't they do more?

BS! Mr.Martin, I ask why didn't you and your brothers in tyranny allow me to protect myself from the government induced Blowback? And Why have you and your friends (the neo-cons) brainwashed an entire country into believing defending oneself is hopeless? YOU and the government are not capable of defending We the PEOPLE. No government is -- unless we all submit ALL of our RIGHTS as free men. --- I guess we now know your goals. Thanks, but NO thanks!

sorry for the little rant, but I'm tired of the BS,

TMike

Aratus
05-21-2011, 08:31 AM
a four year extention
sends "patriotACTthree" into
(a.) midpoint of obama's 2nd term
(b.) ex-gov romney's 1st term
(c.) ron paul's ready red pencil
(d.) newt's bold "darth" universe
(e.) T-Paw's rubberstamp
(g.) a nasty overdrive level