PDA

View Full Version : Do you believe the world will end on Saturday?

libertybrewcity
05-19-2011, 02:39 PM
Apparently there is some is religious hype about some rapture or something.. Not really buying it, are you?

muzzled dogg
05-19-2011, 02:40 PM
yes

low preference guy
05-19-2011, 02:40 PM
yes

lynnf
05-19-2011, 02:43 PM
Apparently there is some is religious hype about some rapture or something.. Not really buying it, are you?

I'm a Christian and I think it's a bunch of bunk. it is written that not even Jesus Christ himself knew the day or hour when he was on the earth. and Jesus said to beware of false prophets because there would be plenty around. but if it does happen on May 21, I'm ready. Are you?

p.s. is there such a thing as a rapture? don't know -- Bible describes meeting Jesus "in the air" (or clouds?). and that seems to be where much of this rapture stuff comes from.

lynn

Bruehound
05-19-2011, 02:44 PM
i haven't bothered shaving all week.

VBRonPaulFan
05-19-2011, 02:46 PM
yeah, i'm exhausted. i'm just taking a break now, but i've been out snorting coke off of dirty hookers asses for the past 36 hours.

Dr.3D
Of course it will end, and just as soon as it ends, it will start again and nobody will even notice.

Zippyjuan
The Old World will end and the New World will begin. The start of a New World Order. Or nothing will happen.

pcosmar
05-19-2011, 02:48 PM
in a word,,, No.

wizardwatson
05-19-2011, 02:50 PM
I don't know if it will end on Saturday, but I have my money on a day that ends in a "Y".

tangent4ronpaul
05-19-2011, 02:51 PM
The Old World will end and the New World will begin. The start of a New World Order. Or nothing will happen.

Or maybe a new age?

Zippyjuan
05-19-2011, 02:56 PM
Age of Aquarius?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjxSCAalsBE

jmhudak17
05-19-2011, 02:59 PM
We're going to be destroyed by the reptilians.

JasonC
05-19-2011, 03:05 PM
I don't know if it will end on Saturday, but I have my money on a day that ends in a "Y".

I thought wizards had the power to know these things and even cause the end of times themselves...? *poof*

BucksforPaul
05-19-2011, 03:07 PM

Or the zombies! lol

wizardwatson
05-19-2011, 03:09 PM
I thought wizards had the power to know these things and even cause the end of times themselves...? *poof*

Even the very wise cannot see all ends.

tangent4ronpaul
05-19-2011, 03:11 PM
Or the zombies! lol

Oh CRAP! - the CDC must have dropped *THAT* vial... no wonder they are warning us... We are truly screwed in that case... Got #8 buck? And lots of it?

Theocrat
05-19-2011, 03:12 PM
The only thing I hope ends on Saturday is the teaching of dispensationalism (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dispensationalism).

JK/SEA
05-19-2011, 03:14 PM
There is right now a strange object in the sky to the south south west at about 2 o'clock in Seattle....it is slowly moving and is very bright...

tangent4ronpaul
05-19-2011, 03:18 PM
There is right now a strange object in the sky to the south south west at about 2 o'clock in Seattle....it is slowly moving and is very bright...

That would depend on what direction you are facing - with normal orientation 2 o'clock would be the north north east....

So what does it look like and what is it doing?

wizardwatson
05-19-2011, 03:18 PM
The only thing I hope ends on Saturday is the teaching of dispensationalism (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dispensationalism).

Doubtful. As long as the world continues to constantly teeter on the brink, people are going to come to the conclusion that things are super horrible because they are about to get better. We can't accept that reality is negative.

JK/SEA
05-19-2011, 03:21 PM
That would depend on what direction you are facing - with normal orientation 2 o'clock would be the north north east....

So what does it look like and what is it doing?

looking south...its so bright i need sunglasses. I can feel some heat off it too...its kinda yellow...

tangent4ronpaul
05-19-2011, 03:22 PM
The sun?

if not you might want to TAKE SHELTER!

ctiger2
05-19-2011, 03:23 PM
I hope so...

Theocrat
05-19-2011, 03:25 PM
Doubtful. As long as the world continues to constantly teeter on the brink, people are going to come to the conclusion that things are super horrible because they are about to get better. We can't accept that reality is negative.

That's because many Christians give lip service to Jesus being victorious in Heaven and on Earth, but they continue to walk by sight and not by faith in their daily lives, not taking advantage of the dominion of Christ over the nations as well as the power of the Gospel over evil.

JK/SEA
05-19-2011, 03:25 PM
The sun?

if not you might want to TAKE SHELTER!

take shelter?...yeah, i took a break from planting corn. I'm gonna take advantage of this thing whatever it is.

nate895
05-19-2011, 03:26 PM

As much as I do not like dispie teachings, Camping surely ain't a dispie. He's just Harold Camping: Crazy uncle.

Cowlesy
05-19-2011, 03:30 PM
My world may end tomorrow morning if my boss doesn't like the waterfall distribution model I created.

wizardwatson
05-19-2011, 03:31 PM
That's because many Christians give lip service to Jesus being victorious in Heaven and on Earth, but they continue to walk by sight and not by faith in their daily lives, not taking advantage of the dominion of Christ over the nations as well as the power of the Gospel over evil.

Well, the devil is winning whether its the fault of failing Christians or a powerful devil. God needs to come down and set things right himself, as humans are obviously miserable failures at governing themselves or solving problems in general. Lions aren't exactly laying down with lambs so much as eating them.

Freedom 4 all
05-19-2011, 03:33 PM
-The dudes behind the idea the world will end on Saturday say they base their belief the world will end on some kind of weird code in the Bible
-Therefore, only one who takes the Bible seriously would take these dudes seriously
-However, the Bible says that there is no way to know the day or hour the world will end
-If one takes the Bible seriously, one believes that there is no way to know the day or hour the world will end
-In conclusion, there is no reason for anyone to take Camping seriously

Sorry, I'm studying for the LSAT, that's how I think now.

pcosmar
05-19-2011, 03:34 PM
My world may end tomorrow morning if my boss doesn't like the waterfall distribution model I created.

You're distributing waterfalls?

:p

vita3
05-19-2011, 03:36 PM
No.

tangent4ronpaul
05-19-2011, 03:36 PM
take shelter?...yeah, i took a break from planting corn. I'm gonna take advantage of this thing whatever it is.

Is Haley Bop due back this soon?

Theocrat
05-19-2011, 03:37 PM
Well, the devil is winning whether its the fault of failing Christians or a powerful devil. God needs to come down and set things right himself, as humans are obviously miserable failures at governing themselves or solving problems in general. Lions aren't exactly laying down with lambs so much as eating them.

Satan is definitely not winning. If he were, there would be no Ron Pauls. There would be no Douglas Wilsons. There would be no Ken Hams. I could go on and on, but what we see in the political realm is not the only reality for us as human beings. There are good people (blessed by God) thwarting evil and making a mockery of the devil in the world. We, as Christians, do that every Sunday when we come together to worship God.

JK/SEA
05-19-2011, 03:37 PM
Is Haley Bop due back this soon?

lol..!

tangent4ronpaul
05-19-2011, 03:38 PM
-The dudes behind the idea the world will end on Saturday say they base their belief the world will end on some kind of weird code in the Bible
-Therefore, only one who takes the Bible seriously would take these dudes seriously
-However, the Bible says that there is no way to know the day or hour the world will end
-If one takes the Bible seriously, one believes that there is no way to know the day or hour the world will end
-In conclusion, there is no reason for anyone to take Camping seriously

Sorry, I'm studying for the LSAT, that's how I think now.

I was kind of under the impression this was the end of the Myan calendar...

Time for a LiLo break http://www.2dayfm.com.au/player
Really, Really bad AU pop rock morning show ;)

Theocrat
05-19-2011, 03:40 PM
As much as I do not like dispie teachings, Camping surely ain't a dispie. He's just Harold Camping: Crazy uncle.

I believe he is a dispensationalist, at least giving a minimal commitment to its teachings. He may not nominally claim to be, but his "research" and prophecies are definitely based off the dispensational view of the "end-times."

R3volutionJedi
05-19-2011, 03:44 PM
ABSOLUTELY NOT. And, as a Christian, this is an embarrassment.

He assumes dates and then puts an exact date on the end of the world... It's twisted.

But what's EVEN MORE twisted is that he uses the bible as his source.

NOW millions of people have another shameful misconception of Christianity.

God Bless Truth...

bb_dg
05-19-2011, 03:45 PM
I'm a seventh day adventist, and we know better than anyone that you should never place a specific date for a prophesied event. Also, we don't believe in the rapture so...

tangent4ronpaul
05-19-2011, 03:49 PM
I'm a seventh day adventist, and we know better than anyone that you should never place a specific date for a prophesied event. Also, we don't believe in the rapture so...

We used to have a 14' boa we'd wrap arround our shoulders to answer the door to repel seventh day adventists who came a door knocking... :D

wizardwatson
05-19-2011, 03:51 PM
Satan is definitely not winning. If he were, there would be no Ron Pauls. There would be no Douglas Wilsons. There would be no Ken Hams. I could go on and on, but what we see in the political realm is not the only reality for us as human beings. There are good people (blessed by God) thwarting evil and making a mockery of the devil in the world. We, as Christians, do that every Sunday when we come together to worship God.

Maybe. Maybe the Christians are winning day by day by going to church and having faith in God and they "don't worry...about a thing....cuz every little thing...is gonna be all right". Maybe the world is slowly getting better till one day, perhaps a thousand years from now the world will finally be cleansed of sin and death and Jesus can come down and rule.

I just hate to think of God as a gradualist.

low preference guy
05-19-2011, 03:53 PM
I just hate to think of God as a gradualist.

Come on. God has lots of patience. He created man in a timespan of millions of years through evolution.

anaconda
05-19-2011, 03:54 PM
yes

Bet?

bb_dg
05-19-2011, 03:56 PM
We used to have a 14' boa we'd wrap arround our shoulders to answer the door to repel seventh day adventists who came a door knocking... :D

Sure sure, you're not the first to make fun of us and you won't be the last.

anaconda
05-19-2011, 03:58 PM
Age of Aquarius?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjxSCAalsBE

The age of Aquarius is still a ways off:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZgT1SRcrKE

Flash
05-19-2011, 04:00 PM
The world has already ended for me long ago.

tangent4ronpaul
05-19-2011, 04:00 PM
Sure sure, you're not the first to make fun of us and you won't be the last.

Seriously we did have a 14' boa! and yeah, we did that to repel door knockers - though honestly of all flavors.

Great snake - except when he got a bit too affectionate in his "hugs"...

BucksforPaul
05-19-2011, 04:01 PM
ABSOLUTELY NOT. And, as a Christian, this is an embarrassment.

He assumes dates and then puts an exact date on the end of the world... It's twisted.

But what's EVEN MORE twisted is that he uses the bible as his source.

NOW millions of people have another shameful misconception of Christianity.

God Bless Truth...

I am not a Christian, but didn't Jesus say, when asked about end times, that knowledge rests with my father?

And you should not worry about people's conception of Christianity because ignorant would believe anything. Throughout history, tyrants, despots, and opportunists have all taken advantage of religion in order to control the masses.

tangent4ronpaul
Come on. God has lots of patience. He created man in a timespan of millions of years through evolution.

Express elevator to hot topics going dooooowwwwnnnn!

Danke
Hope so, I got a lot of money riding on it.

BucksforPaul
05-19-2011, 04:02 PM

Do you have any evidence to support this?

wizardwatson
05-19-2011, 04:03 PM

Well, thankfully he had the mercy to limit a humans exposure to His crazy world to about 120 years.

s35wf
05-19-2011, 04:06 PM
No the world is not supposed to end till October of 2011. Or as some say Dec 2012. But i think most of us will sill be here for sometime; granted perhaps alot poorer and alot thinner; but still here. :)

Peace&Freedom
05-19-2011, 04:48 PM
I believe he is a dispensationalist, at least giving a minimal commitment to its teachings. He may not nominally claim to be, but his "research" and prophecies are definitely based off the dispensational view of the "end-times."

Camping is an amillenialist, whereas dispensationalism leads to a pre-millenial, pre-tribulation rapture view of scripture. Amillenialism is a non-literal approach to bible prophecy that holds the world will end abruptly with the return of Christ and history will directly enter eternity, with no thousand year earthly reign of Christ. The theory he is expounding is part a rehash of concepts he promoted in his book 1994 (his last attempt to set a date for the end of the age), and a dreadful mix of symbolic bible interpretation and disputable historical calculations (he sets a precise date for the Flood of Noah that may or may not be accurate). His May 21 date-setting theory is an embarrassment for amillenialism, not pre-millenialism.

The grain of truth in Camping's theory is that although Christ said no one knows the day or hour of His Return, He also taught the watchful will know when it's close ("even at the door"). The Bible does clearly indicate there would be a nation of Israel, and that the capability of tracking all the world's financial activity (by the AntiChrist) would exist at the time of His return, among other specifics suggesting we are now at the door. In the view of many regarding Christ's fig tree prophecy, the Messiah would return within a generation after the Jews regained control of Jerusalem, which also points to us being close to the Second Advent.

Dispensationalism has been disproportionately blamed for date setting and silly theories that all brands of Bible prophecy have been prone to. Dispensationalists, in fact, have often been the ones most adamant in teaching "no one knows the day and hour." The base dispensational concept is that although God does not change, human understanding of His divine plan changes over time as it is progressively revealed.

Because of this, the human relationship with God undergoes partial modification through time. Adam and Eve knew nothing of the ramifications of sinning until after the Fall. Before the Cross, not even the disciples understood there was going to be a Church, let alone a 2,000 year Church era, so much of what Christ said about the end of the age may have been misunderstood with respect to the populations affected. Scriptures cited by anti-dispensationalists indicating believers are on earth experiencing the tribulation, for example, do not distinguish between the church era believers already raptured, versus those who are saved during the tribulation. In any event, the any-moment departure or rapture of Church-era believers and Old-Testament era saints has been taught since the beginning of the Church (see the Didache, pseudo-Ephriam and other early Church writings), so the maligning of dispensational theory as a whole, or as being the source of all "rapture" belief is wrong.

Sola_Fide
05-19-2011, 04:57 PM
Learn what the Bible says about the end times:

http://syndetics.com/index.aspx?isbn=080101171X/LC.GIF&client=springshare

Standing Like A Rock
05-19-2011, 05:05 PM

Is it on intrade?

tangent4ronpaul
05-19-2011, 05:06 PM
http://www.hazmatteam.com/chlorine%20incident.jpg

low preference guy
05-19-2011, 05:09 PM
Do you have any evidence to support this?

Nah, I was just having fun stirring the pot.

nolvorite
05-19-2011, 05:12 PM
yay

lets celebrate when this is all over again

doodle
05-19-2011, 05:16 PM
I was trying to figure out why Brits were ending Iraq war this Sunday..now it's starting to make sense. Sunday is one day after Sat.

UK's eight-year military presence in Iraq to end on Sunday

Defence secretary says departure of 170 navy training personnel will mark conclusion of Operation Telic

Wednesday 18 May 2011 15.30 BST

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/may/18/british-militarys-8-years-in-iraq-ends

tangent4ronpaul
05-19-2011, 05:17 PM
Hay the world ends in ~48 hours - maybe as few as 29 hours! PARTY!

Umm - what time zone is the end of the world in?

nate895
05-19-2011, 05:19 PM
Hay the world ends in ~24 hours - maybe as few as 5 hours! PARTY!

Umm - what time zone is the end of the world in?

Apparently, it's a rolling rapture according to standard time, according to my sources.

PaulConventionWV
05-19-2011, 05:22 PM

What are reptilians? Really, I'm curious because I've heard of this before.

nate895
05-19-2011, 05:23 PM

Intelligent reptiles who control the government.

tangent4ronpaul
05-19-2011, 05:31 PM

You will know when Obama pulls off his mask....

PaulConventionWV
05-19-2011, 05:31 PM

This concept of Satan is totally misconstrued. There is nobody opposing God. If someone could win against God, then God would not be great. Furthermore, if there were anything God could not control, then it would fly in the face of His sovereignty. Therefore, there is no Satan. There is only the adversary in each of us, fighting our good will.

dannno
05-19-2011, 05:33 PM

There's this guy David Icke who can speak rather intelligently about the New World Order and their mechanisms of control who received a lot of this information through visions and revelations which contained information about where the elite came from. When he talks about how the elite our controlling the banks a governments of the world, he makes perfect sense. When he talks about the other stuff, it seems pretty unlikely. Alex Jones used to say that David Icke was a great guy who knew a lot of stuff, but the whole lizard people thing was like a "turd in the punch bowl". Recently David Icke has been focussing less on the visions he received and more on the mechanisms of control when he speaks publicly. He has said things to the effect that he could have misinterpreted his visions, or maybe they were symbolic. Perhaps the people who control the world use the lizard part of their brain more, or something along those lines. Alex Jones has him on his show more often now as well.

acptulsa
05-19-2011, 05:33 PM
With my luck, the world will end the day after I win the lottery.

dannno
05-19-2011, 05:36 PM
Fun fact: The head of the Southern Poverty Law Center likes to call David Icke (pronounced Ike) David "Ickey".

Sola_Fide
05-19-2011, 05:43 PM

Agree Theo. The Bible knows nothing of dualism. There is one ultimate power and authority to which everything is subject.

PaulConventionWV
05-19-2011, 05:45 PM
There's this guy David Icke who can speak rather intelligently about the New World Order and their mechanisms of control who received a lot of this information through visions and revelations which contained information about where the elite came from. When he talks about how the elite our controlling the banks a governments of the world, he makes perfect sense. When he talks about the other stuff, it seems pretty unlikely. Alex Jones used to say that David Icke was a great guy who knew a lot of stuff, but the whole lizard people thing was like a "turd in the punch bowl". Recently David Icke has been focussing less on the visions he received and more on the mechanisms of control when he speaks publicly. He has said things to the effect that he could have misinterpreted his visions, or maybe they were symbolic. Perhaps the people who control the world use the lizard part of their brain more, or something along those lines. Alex Jones has him on his show more often now as well.

Wow, some people are just really, really dumb. Speaking of dumb, some people believe there are aliens in Deep Underground Military Bases. Even when I try to find info on the DUMBs, I have to sift through hundreds of pages declaring that aliens are ruling the government from the underground. I mean, can't someone believe in DUMBs without believing in alien control? Jeesh.

Maestro232
05-19-2011, 05:58 PM
Perhaps it'll be a day after...just to mess with everyone.

Peace&Freedom
05-19-2011, 06:08 PM

The main division Jones has with Icke on the lizards/nephilim is that the concept violates Jones' rule about documenting/proving conspiracy views. If Icke actually had valid photos, x-rays, government documents or major media admissions to back up his lizard theory, it would be something Jones could promote, but Icke just talks about it from the point of view of his subjective dreams and visions.

The root of the concept is actually biblical (from Genesis 6, where it reports that fallen angels somehow impregnated with human women and produced hybrids called 'giants' or nephilim); some traditions held that these hybrids could look like lizards. These beings apparently could not be saved, being part angelic, and represented an attempt by Satan to over time destroy the whole human race through genetic infection. God wiped out the infected through the Flood, but who's to say Satan didn't try to interbreed again, producing some new hybrids? Speculation, yes, but it's scripturally based.

Flash
05-19-2011, 06:10 PM
David Icke basically preaches what Christians have been saying for 2,000 years now, that Demons can possess Humans. I don't know why he uses the word 'Reptilian,' since he doesn't believe them to be aliens. He thinks they're just inter-dimensional evil entities, i.e. demons.

mport1
05-19-2011, 06:11 PM
These end times prophecies are so dumb. You would think people would ignore this guy since he has already predicted the end of the world and been wrong.

Zippyjuan
05-19-2011, 06:20 PM
Didn't he already predict it would end in the 1990's?

ssantoro
05-19-2011, 06:20 PM
Camping is an amillenialist, whereas dispensationalism leads to a pre-millenial, pre-tribulation rapture view of scripture. Amillenialism is a non-literal approach to bible prophecy that holds the world will end abruptly with the return of Christ and history will directly enter eternity, with no thousand year earthly reign of Christ. The theory he is expounding is part a rehash of concepts he promoted in his book 1994 (his last attempt to set a date for the end of the age), and a dreadful mix of symbolic bible interpretation and disputable historical calculations (he sets a precise date for the Flood of Noah that may or may not be accurate). His May 21 date-setting theory is an embarrassment for amillenialism, not pre-millenialism.

The grain of truth in Camping's theory is that although Christ said no one knows the day or hour of His Return, He also taught the watchful will know when it's close ("even at the door"). The Bible does clearly indicate there would be a nation of Israel, and that the capability of tracking all the world's financial activity (by the AntiChrist) would exist at the time of His return, among other specifics suggesting we are now at the door. In the view of many regarding Christ's fig tree prophecy, the Messiah would return within a generation after the Jews regained control of Jerusalem, which also points to us being close to the Second Advent.

Dispensationalism has been disproportionately blamed for date setting and silly theories that all brands of Bible prophecy have been prone to. Dispensationalists, in fact, have often been the ones most adamant in teaching "no one knows the day and hour." The base dispensational concept is that although God does not change, human understanding of His divine plan changes over time as it is progressively revealed.

Because of this, the human relationship with God undergoes partial modification through time. Adam and Eve knew nothing of the ramifications of sinning until after the Fall. Before the Cross, not even the disciples understood there was going to be a Church, let alone a 2,000 year Church era, so much of what Christ said about the end of the age may have been misunderstood with respect to the populations affected. Scriptures cited by anti-dispensationalists indicating believers are on earth experiencing the tribulation, for example, do not distinguish between the church era believers already raptured, versus those who are saved during the tribulation. In any event, the any-moment departure or rapture of Church-era believers and Old-Testament era saints has been taught since the beginning of the Church (see the Didache, pseudo-Ephriam and other early Church writings), so the maligning of the theory as a whole, or as being the source of all "rapture" belief is wrong.

+Rep. You Nailed it. Very Good.

dannno
05-19-2011, 06:28 PM
Wow, some people are just really, really dumb. Speaking of dumb, some people believe there are aliens in Deep Underground Military Bases. Even when I try to find info on the DUMBs, I have to sift through hundreds of pages declaring that aliens are ruling the government from the underground. I mean, can't someone believe in DUMBs without believing in alien control? Jeesh.

...or he had some crazy visions that led him to some amazing revelations about how our world really does work and has since revised his stance on the nature of our reality.

I don't think that there are lizards ruling the world, but I'm not going to deny it either. It certainly isn't a requirement and I haven't seen any evidence for it.

nobody's_hero
05-19-2011, 06:34 PM
I always jokingly tell my Christian friends whenever they mention the 'end times':

"The world will not end in my lifetime. I am not that lucky."

UK4Paul
05-19-2011, 06:41 PM
Yes! It's in the Bible...

New Living Translation, Revelation 22:20...

"Come, Lord Jesus! 21 May..." (http://www.blueletterbible.org/Bible.cfm?b=Rev&c=22&t=NLT)

:)

knarf
05-19-2011, 06:45 PM
I'm a Christian and I think it's a bunch of bunk. it is written that not even Jesus Christ himself knew the day or hour when he was on the earth. and Jesus said to beware of false prophets because there would be plenty around. but if it does happen on May 21, I'm ready. Are you?

p.s. is there such a thing as a rapture? don't know -- Bible describes meeting Jesus "in the air" (or clouds?). and that seems to be where much of this rapture stuff comes from.

lynn

Im ready, but Jesus will come like a thief in the night!

ClayTrainor
05-19-2011, 06:48 PM
Im ready, but Jesus will come like a thief in the night!

http://images.cryhavok.org/d/2173-1/Sneaky+Jesus.gif

jmdrake
05-19-2011, 06:54 PM

And Obama's in the Whitehouse. Hallelujah!

http://www.gambling911.com/files/publisher/Obama-Christ-123009L.jpg?

And before that we had Bush and millions sang his praises every Sunday. Can I get an amen?

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSextSps0qUB9nQ91rDPqsXWbNXgIwzw zQmhpXhgaQk4XR_oLbI

Seriously folks. Jesus said His kingdom was not of this world (sorry Theo) and He promised to literally come again and take His followers unto Himself. He even went so far as to say "If that wasn't true I wouldn't have told you that". I know, I know, you can nate can do some mental juggling to make that somehow not true even though it clearly is. And I love you no matter how wrong you are. ;) But none of this has anything to do with how nutty it is for someone to claim he knows the day of Christ's return when Jesus clearly said "Nobody knows the day or hour of My return". And yes, a lot of really smart people have gotten that screwed up because they think they've found a loophole around the "nobody knows the day or hour" statement. (i.e. nobody knew it back then when Jesus said it, but the Father has revealed it to me now. Let's sing praises on high!) Anyhow, I would no more want to live under the 21st century version of Oliver Cromwell or Pope Benedict the whatever than I would under Osama Bin Laden or whoever else is being pimped as the new Islamic boogeyman. And Ron Paul isn't pushing for a return to theocracy either. Sorry about that.

PaulConventionWV
05-19-2011, 06:55 PM
The main division Jones has with Icke on the lizards/nephilim is that the concept violates Jones' rule about documenting/proving conspiracy views. If Icke actually had valid photos, x-rays, government documents or major media admissions to back up his lizard theory, it would be something Jones could promote, but Icke just talks about it from the point of view of his subjective dreams and visions.

The root of the concept is actually biblical (from Genesis 6, where it reports that fallen angels somehow impregnated with human women and produced hybrids called 'giants' or nephilim); some traditions held that these hybrids could look like lizards. These beings apparently could not be saved, being part angelic, and represented an attempt by Satan to over time destroy the whole human race through genetic infection. God wiped out the infected through the Flood, but who's to say Satan didn't try to interbreed again, producing some new hybrids? Speculation, yes, but it's scripturally based.

No, to be scripturally based, it must actually provide evidence IN SCRIPTURE. That's just a crazy crackpot theory that gives vague reference to the Bible, which doesn't say anything about lizard hybrids.

Xenophage
05-19-2011, 07:00 PM
If the rapture happens on Saturday it'll be a huge relief because I'm really not sure how I'm going to pay rent next month, but presumably there'll be plenty of cheap, vacant apartments!

Lothario
05-19-2011, 07:04 PM
of course it's true.

eduardo89
05-19-2011, 07:05 PM
I hope so, I got some fucking hard exams Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday!

Anti Federalist
05-19-2011, 07:40 PM
http://images.cryhavok.org/d/2173-1/Sneaky+Jesus.gif

That was good for an irreverent ROFL

Does anybody have a pic of Jesus, outside a door, holding a rifle labeled "DEA" and him knocking and asking "Got any drugs in there?"

Danno posted it months ago, and I can't find the thing, and it would fit perfectly in another thread...

Warrior_of_Freedom
05-19-2011, 07:41 PM
That was good for an irreverent ROFL

Does anybody have a pic of Jesus, outside a door, holding a rifle labeled "DEA" and him knocking and asking "Got any drugs in there?"

Danno posted it months ago, and I can't find the thing, and it would fit perfectly in another thread...

http://barbarellaisbi.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/jesus_lol_2.jpg

Brian4Liberty
05-19-2011, 07:43 PM
Will this effect the price of silver?

YumYum
05-19-2011, 07:58 PM
This concept of Satan is totally misconstrued. There is nobody opposing God. If someone could win against God, then God would not be great. Furthermore, if there were anything God could not control, then it would fly in the face of His sovereignty. Therefore, there is no Satan. There is only the adversary in each of us, fighting our good will.

Satan is a reptilian. He is the "original serpent" according to the Bible.

Dreamofunity
05-19-2011, 07:59 PM
http://dombeno.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/jesus-lol.jpg

iGGz
05-19-2011, 08:56 PM
Stupidest shit I've ever heard

steve005
05-19-2011, 09:38 PM
Satan is a reptilian. He is the "original serpent" according to the Bible.

Stupidest shit I've ever heard

this is talking about the stucture of the brain, look it up, and the bible is refering to lower forms of thinking, ie egotistical

I think fema, or whoever runs haarp, could be paying this guy to say the end is saturday, think about it, who would believe him? he said it before so when he is right they could portay him as some second coming or whatever, but of course if he is right he wont be around anymore ;)

I think earthquakes are very probable, there was just a 8.4 in lybia

iGGz
05-19-2011, 09:43 PM
Perhaps it'll be a day after...just to mess with everyone.

This

iGGz
05-19-2011, 09:44 PM

What makes you assume I was replying to that post and not this thread in general?

steve005
05-19-2011, 09:44 PM
Satan is a reptilian

when you think with your reptilian brain you are acting in a way that goes against nature, it is being materialistic,

steve005
05-19-2011, 09:46 PM
What makes you assume I was replying to that post and not this thread in general?

I put your quote in wrong spot

TN_VOL
05-19-2011, 10:41 PM
Sure hope not, it's my birthday and I'm grilling salmon, corn on the cob, and potatoes.....down by the river.

Roxi
05-19-2011, 11:11 PM
I hope so, I got some fucking hard exams Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday!

If you do badly on them, just tell your professor you didn't study because you thought the world was going to end. :D

Danke
05-19-2011, 11:23 PM
Is it on intrade?

No, but if the world ends, I'm gonna be rich!

Freedom 4 all
05-20-2011, 07:35 AM

I'd bet against it, even if I believed it was gonna happen, cause if it DOES happen you don't need to pay up!

coastie
05-20-2011, 07:42 AM
Hmmm...it's 01:42 local time 21 May 2011 in Auckland....I wonder if they're still there?

:rolleyes:

Krugerrand
05-20-2011, 07:51 AM
Sure hope not, it's my birthday and I'm grilling salmon, corn on the cob, and potatoes.....down by the river.

Happy Birthday!

Danke
05-20-2011, 07:53 AM
I'd bet against it, even if I believed it was gonna happen, cause if it DOES happen you don't need to pay up!
:eek:;):p

wizardwatson
05-20-2011, 08:09 AM
Everyone's talking about this shit. I was driving to work today and I always skip around on the dial when commercials come. I heard 3 dj's, two of them right after the song played, going on about the rapture and Harold Camping.

There's something in us that is drawn to this apocalypse talk.

Do they have odds on this thing in Vegas? :D

sync
05-20-2011, 10:16 AM
If it does, it will be bullish for silver...

Brian4Liberty
05-20-2011, 10:56 AM
What would you do if the world is ending tomorrow? ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A939QRRSNV4

Crystallas
05-20-2011, 11:01 AM
No, I don't believe it will end. And I don't believe in the Zombie Apocalypse either.

doodle
05-20-2011, 11:17 AM
I'm skeptical of this claim. There is many problems with things coming to end so quickly. Won't this be extremely unfair to the Chinese if this prophecy came true and they never got their huge loan back from US?

Besides, Jesus' second coming also hasn't happened yet.

I would keep the plans for things after this Sat.

Brian4Liberty
05-20-2011, 11:21 AM
I would keep the plans for things after this Sat.

Too late. I sold all of my silver eagles and tonight I'm gonna party like it's 1999... ;)

doodle
05-20-2011, 11:27 AM
Too late. I sold all of my silver eagles and tonight I'm gonna party like it's 1999... ;)

Can I have your car when that happens :)

FF to 3:25 mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjMRgT5o-Ig

ihsv
05-20-2011, 12:02 PM

Abso-fricken-lutely disgusting.

iGGz
05-20-2011, 12:53 PM

Man religion scares the shit out of me. These people are so stupid. It's all about the $$$

AHHHH

AFPVet
05-20-2011, 01:31 PM
No one can predict when anything involving biblical events will take place... Jesus said this himself.

axiomata
05-20-2011, 01:42 PM
Yes, but only because I'm getting married.

Brett85
05-20-2011, 01:47 PM
I guess I'll have to go blow all of my money today since the world is ending tomorrow. :)

Krugerrand
05-20-2011, 01:48 PM

:D Congrats! and best wishes.

Michael P
05-20-2011, 01:50 PM

Congrats!!!

eOs
05-20-2011, 01:55 PM
These are the people driving our foreign policy...

Chieppa1
05-20-2011, 01:57 PM
Macho Man died today, clearly because Jesus needs a bouncer for tomorrow.

Krugerrand
05-23-2011, 06:01 AM
Anybody whisked away over the weekend - or are we all still here?

Travlyr
05-23-2011, 06:06 AM
Anybody whisked away over the weekend - or are we all still here?

Only the righteous were taken, so if you are still here...

jk

DamianTV
05-23-2011, 06:23 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9KlMWzKj4s&feature=player_embedded#at=140

Krugerrand
05-23-2011, 06:39 AM

jk

oh well. There's always next rapture.

TheTyke
05-23-2011, 06:47 AM

jk

You might have a point. Maybe it went according to schedule, but there were no people righteous enough to go? :|

oyarde
05-23-2011, 10:30 AM
No .

pcosmar
05-23-2011, 10:35 AM
No .

Monday Morning Quarterback. :p
;)

oyarde
05-23-2011, 10:44 AM
Monday Morning Quarterback. :p
;)

Yep , bottom line for me is , I do not believe anyone will know . I will bet two bucks on it ...

AFPVet
05-23-2011, 11:26 AM
Yep , bottom line for me is , I do not believe anyone will know . I will bet two bucks on it ...

Do you have them in the freezer? Hehehe. Deer is good stuff... Elk is too :)

You are right... no one knows when anything will happen with regard to revelations except the Father.

Aratus
05-23-2011, 12:00 PM
saturday like WHEN?
one in seven odds?