PDA

View Full Version : Anecdote from Starcraft 2

silverhandorder
05-19-2011, 02:08 PM
Was just playing a random 4v4 game and one of the guys was named EndTheFed. And there was one more guy besides me that was like yeah go Ron Paul. :D So 3/8 is not bad.

Shimpchip
05-19-2011, 02:12 PM
Nice. The campaign Wings of Liberty has a few elements of liberty embedded throughout the story.

JasonC
05-19-2011, 02:13 PM
So Ron is polling 37.5% on starcraft? Winning....

tasteless
05-19-2011, 02:19 PM
man there are other SC2 players on here? I really need to change my username cause I don't wanna be labeled an impostor :(

Shimpchip
05-19-2011, 03:11 PM
man there are other SC2 players on here? I really need to change my username cause I don't wanna be labeled an impostor :(

omg it's tasteless!!!

amberjack
05-19-2011, 03:46 PM
Would love to see Ron Paul's face super-imposed on the SC2 Wings of Liberty Marine:

http://lilmegz97.deviantart.com/art/StarCraft-II-Wings-Of-Liberty-173173066

^_^

CasualApathy
05-19-2011, 03:50 PM
When Day9 was doing his "warcry" funday monday, I used to shout out "For Liberty!!!" as I charged my marine/marauder/medivac at the enemy :D :D

EDIT: Using very liberal amounts of stim, naturally :D

silverhandorder
05-19-2011, 04:07 PM
Would love to see Ron Paul's face super-imposed on the SC2 Wings of Liberty Marine:

http://lilmegz97.deviantart.com/art/StarCraft-II-Wings-Of-Liberty-173173066

^_^

That's no ordinary marine that's Raynor.

Jeremy Tyler
05-19-2011, 04:08 PM
Good stuff...love me some starcraft and love me some liberty

AndrewD
05-19-2011, 04:51 PM
Haha this is funny. I was gonna make a very similiar thread but you beat me to it. My name on SC2 is simply Ron Paul. I wanted Ron Paul 2012 but the name was already chosen. Check this out:

http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j427/mrleodavis/Screenshot2011-05-1212_57_19.jpg

Thomas86
05-19-2011, 04:54 PM
I thought about doing a series of starcraft economic videos about austrian business cycle theory comparing artificially low interest rates to bad scouting information or an artificial infusion of gas/minerals that leads to a malinvestment in excessive early barrack/factory production that is unjustified.... although constructing early bunkers would make more sense since then you could 'deconstruct them' in order to reapply the resources to more sensible projects.

Honestly, I think RTS players inately understand austrian economics.

Speaking of we should play some RPF starcraft sometime :)

Thomas86
05-19-2011, 05:00 PM
Or maybe a better example would be the 'low interest rates' would cause a protoss player to think he can play 4 gate and 2 robo off of one base.... and when they realizes that he doesn't have the resources to use the infrastructure without more artificial credit - the buildings lose some of their perceived value and he has to re-evaluate his economy.

I dunno exactly but I know some austrian economics is in there somewhere ;).

nobody's_hero
05-19-2011, 06:38 PM
I did something like this in '08. Before I left any multiplayer session, I'd say something like, "Vote Ron Paul."

Xenophage
05-19-2011, 06:49 PM
In '08 I made some World of Warcraft toons named for RP. It was silly and fun. I got a few people to virtually 'high five' me. I also had some irate chat convos with warfare/welfare lovers.

Ex Lux lucis
05-19-2011, 07:11 PM

lololololollolololol. i wonder what nick's view of ron is.

Agorism
05-19-2011, 07:14 PM
I think they stole a lot of the ideas of the Zerg and space marines from warhammer 40K. Zerg's are Tyranids. Space marines are space marines. Protoss are a messed up version of Eldar.

Blizzard entertainment=hacks

mczerone
05-19-2011, 07:36 PM
I think they stole a lot of the ideas of the Zerg and space marines from warhammer 40K. Zerg's are Tyranids. Space marines are space marines. Protoss are a messed up version of Eldar.

Then why wasn't warhammer more popular? Blizzard = Good at knowing what gamers want and giving it to them.

Wolverine302
05-19-2011, 07:46 PM
Haha this is funny. I was gonna make a very similiar thread but you beat me to it. My name on SC2 is simply Ron Paul. I wanted Ron Paul 2012 but the name was already chosen. Check this out:

http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j427/mrleodavis/Screenshot2011-05-1212_57_19.jpg

So you're the RonPaul running around on SC2.....

ForLibertyFight
05-19-2011, 07:48 PM
I thought about doing a series of starcraft economic videos about austrian business cycle theory comparing artificially low interest rates to bad scouting information or an artificial infusion of gas/minerals that leads to a malinvestment in excessive early barrack/factory production that is unjustified.... although constructing early bunkers would make more sense since then you could 'deconstruct them' in order to reapply the resources to more sensible projects.

http://brandonkoon.com/wp-content/woo_custom/42-justdoit.jpg

tasteless
05-19-2011, 11:26 PM
I did something like this in '08. Before I left any multiplayer session, I'd say something like, "Vote Ron Paul."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUPzN7tp7bQ&t=4m5s

Starts at 4minutes, but the Ron Paul part starts at around 6mins

iGGz
05-19-2011, 11:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUPzN7tp7bQ&t=4m5s

Starts at 4minutes, but the Ron Paul part starts at around 6mins

lol, why is he the only person who can open the door?

Jeremy Tyler
05-20-2011, 12:23 AM

RPF starcraft sounds amazing...we need our own subforum just for this!

Jandrsn21
05-20-2011, 12:27 AM
I was thinking of running a series of FPS servers, with the loading page saying Ron Paul 2012, it would be a cheap way to mass advertise, but renting enough servers to get good traffic overall would be quite expensive.

tasteless
05-20-2011, 02:17 AM
lol, why is he the only person who can open the door?

looks like some glitch where he gets stuck between the door and the ceiling and prevents it from opening

Kregisen
05-20-2011, 02:39 AM
About a year ago I was playing halo on xbox and I think someone's username had to do with Ron Paul, and lots of people on the team started talking about him and several of them said they were voting for him. Pretty cool.

Imperial
05-20-2011, 05:50 AM

As a big fan of Warhammer 40k, the entire universe was stolen from other systems. Warhammer itself is a spinoff of so much of Tolkein's fantasy, and then 40k was basically Warhammer in space. And Tyranids? Watch Alien.

Tal
05-20-2011, 07:53 AM
I met a guy named Rothbard in World of Warcraft like 6 months back and it turned out he was a dane like me and a fan of austrian economics, we had a nice little talk about how stupid most politicians are and shared with each other the names of a few liberty websites (I told him about lewrockwell.com and he told me about a danish liberty website).

fisharmor
05-20-2011, 08:41 AM
I dunno exactly but I know some austrian economics is in there somewhere ;).

Well, I find it interesting how every combat/ conquest video game ever understands how aggressive war is waged, and the Pentagon doesn't.
You build up some resources, and then you pick a target after weighing the resources on hand and whether they suggest a more than reasonable chance of victory.
And once you conquer a new territory, you need to build new resource generation into the new territory, or else you lose it.
If you instead choose to rely on your original resource sources, they get depleted, and you leave yourself wide open to problems occurring in your original territory.

The last 10 years has been nothing more than a case of politicians, generals, and talking heads running the show, when they should have gotten an early 20-something dork who lives with his mom to call the shots.
That kid would have stopped on on 9/12/2001, looked at what happened the day before, and said "Wait a second, in the grand scheme of things this is the map equivalent of having a random entity blow up a single refinery. I can either spaz, empty my resources and send people all over the map, or I can build four more refineries - one to replace the one that was lost, and three more to fund the expedition to find them."

goRPaul
05-20-2011, 09:40 AM
I play League of Legends and i found a guy whose name was EndTheFed2012. I said "Ron Paul Revolution! Legalize the Constitution!" It was great.

iGGz
05-20-2011, 12:43 PM
Well, I find it interesting how every combat/ conquest video game ever understands how aggressive war is waged, and the Pentagon doesn't.
You build up some resources, and then you pick a target after weighing the resources on hand and whether they suggest a more than reasonable chance of victory.
And once you conquer a new territory, you need to build new resource generation into the new territory, or else you lose it.
If you instead choose to rely on your original resource sources, they get depleted, and you leave yourself wide open to problems occurring in your original territory.

The last 10 years has been nothing more than a case of politicians, generals, and talking heads running the show, when they should have gotten an early 20-something dork who lives with his mom to call the shots.
That kid would have stopped on on 9/12/2001, looked at what happened the day before, and said "Wait a second, in the grand scheme of things this is the map equivalent of having a random entity blow up a single refinery. I can either spaz, empty my resources and send people all over the map, or I can build four more refineries - one to replace the one that was lost, and three more to fund the expedition to find them."

This is so awesome

amberjack
05-20-2011, 12:56 PM
NO! In order to win you need to secure all the yellow mineral nodes and vespene gas in the middle east part of the map and out resource your opponents!

At least that's what SC2 would tell us.. maybe this game IS government propaganda..

iGGz
05-20-2011, 12:58 PM
NO! In order to win you need to secure all the yellow mineral nodes and vespene gas in the middle east part of the map and out resource your opponents!

At least that's what SC2 would tell us.. maybe this game IS government propaganda..

Yeah, but we aren't

Wyle
05-20-2011, 03:00 PM
I play SC2 all the time. Add me

alias = wyle character code = 351

Jeremy Tyler
05-20-2011, 07:57 PM
Bump for other players to post SN so we can add eachother and play some games

Email: oodelsoffun@hotmail.com
Alias pieceocrap
code: 937

LibertyRevolution
05-20-2011, 11:56 PM
I play sc2 also. I also spam for ron paul there.

Cosakaz
02-08-2012, 08:57 AM
Starcraft 2 names? I'm a bronze, but I'm often up for a game.

e-mail: bolyard_lucas@yahoo.com
Alias is Cosakaz
I think my code is 108.

CasualApathy
02-08-2012, 09:01 AM
Anyone on the EU server? I play every day and would love to make a Ron Paul clan or something :)

xFiFtyOnE
02-08-2012, 09:10 AM
WTF! I didn't know we had a SC thread! I used to be addicted to the first Starcraft. Love SC2 aswell. When I get my computer fixed (fried MoBo) I will post my number so you guys can add me. I was Diamond league last season.

Cosakaz
02-08-2012, 09:32 AM
Nice to know there are many others who play here on RPF :). While I know nobody on the EU servers, I would love to have a clan on the NA servers. I'm a Zerg main, btw.

Xenophage
02-08-2012, 12:08 PM
I haven't played SC2 in quite a while but I was at the top of my ladder in Platinum League when I stopped playing (never quite made it to Diamond). I'm down for games with RPF members :)