PDA

View Full Version : Obama sides with Palistinians

Agorism
05-19-2011, 12:17 PM
Obama says Palestine must be based in 1967 borders

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110519/ap_on_re_us/us_obama_mideast_palestinians_1

WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama is endorsing the Palestinians' demand for their future state to be based on the borders that existed before the 1967 Middle East war, in a move that will likely infuriate Israel. Israel says the borders of a Palestinian state have to be determined through negotiations.
In a speech outlining U.S. policy in the Middle East and North Africa, Obama on Thursday sided with the Palestinians' opening position a day ahead of a visit to Washington by Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. Netanyahu is vehemently opposed to referring to the 1967 borders.
Until Thursday, the U.S. position had been that the Palestinian goal of a state based on the 1967 borders, with agreed land swaps, should be reconciled with Israel's desire for a secure Jewish state through negotiations.

Zatch
05-19-2011, 12:27 PM
lame

KingRobbStark
05-19-2011, 12:28 PM
It's all a play. I don't ever bother with things of that sort anymore.

Flash
05-19-2011, 12:30 PM
Haha, this will get the Neo-Cons pissed for the next few days.

libertyjam
05-19-2011, 12:31 PM
If only he did, but he doesn't, not really
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?294009-Obama-says-Palestine-must-be-based-in-1967-borders&p=3287045#post3287045

Zatch
05-19-2011, 12:31 PM
Haha, this will get the Neo-Cons pissed for the next few days.

As well as non-interventionists. Israel vs Palestine is none of our business.

COpatriot
05-19-2011, 12:44 PM
I'm sure AIPAC is throwing a fit right now.

doodle
05-19-2011, 04:47 PM
Althogh post 9/11, there has been some shift in the thinking of even AIPAC but Was this speech also written by AIPAC founder Dennis Ross or was it just input from Obama's other mentor Kerry?

Obama is an Israeli lobby plant and a scam artist that no one seems to trust in mideast, his drama has many acts but it's still a drama being directed by his supremacist puppet masters.

This is full version.

"For the Palestinians, efforts to delegitimize Israel will end in failure. Symbolic actions to isolate Israel at the United Nations in September won’t create an independent state," Obama said.

"Israel must be able to defend itself – by itself – against any threat," said Obama, adding that provisions must be "robust enough to prevent a resurgence of terrorism; to stop the infiltration of weapons; and to provide effective border security."

"The full and phased withdrawal of Israeli military forces should be coordinated with the assumption of Palestinian security responsibility in a sovereign, non-militarized state."

Obama emphasized the United States' close friendship with Israel and restated its commitment to Israel's security, but urged Israel to make bold moves to advance peace.

"As for Israel, our friendship is rooted deeply in a shared history and shared values. Our commitment to Israel’s security is unshakeable. And we will stand against attempts to single it out for criticism in international forums. But precisely because of our friendship, it is important that we tell the truth: the status quo is unsustainable, and Israel too must act boldly to advance a lasting peace."

LINK (http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/obama-s-vision-for-mideast-peace-israel-palestine-based-on-1967-borders-with-land-swaps-1.362823)

If a segregated, free State were to be created for Blacks in America so that Whites control of government of greater America is ensured and their culture, way of life is preserved, should those borders be based on one of the many wars waged in America, 1960s civil rights boundaries or based on some other criterion?

One democratic freedom state with one vote for everyone and without racial discrimination laws with natual landownership rights for people who were born there and have lived there for cebturies is the best durable soluton. This 4 decade old "peace negotiaions" drama or a segregated apartheid state borders issue are misleading and can only be short term solutions even if they got implemented. If Muslim and Christian Palestinians are expected to live together in one state, there is no reason muslims, christians and jews cannot live together as equals in a non-racist state. Scam artist Obama and his neocon puppet masters don't seem to believe in international law, freedom and equal rights. Fear of a Palestinian race muslim or christian arab elected as PM of Israel keeps them up at night and their planning reflects same fear. They spend billions to import "chosen race" foreigners while kicking out, murdering and putting in open air prisons legal residents of that land because of some extremist 8 thousand year old religious/racial prophecy.

fj45lvr
05-19-2011, 05:09 PM
funny thing is that Israel agreed at one time too.....

Saying something means JACK shit.

KramerDSP
05-19-2011, 05:11 PM
On one hand, Gates is mocking Pakistan, and on the other, Obama is saying Israel needs to go back to the 1967 lines.

Who in the HELL does the United States think they are? We're the most arrogant nation I've ever seen. It's disgusting.

Verrater
05-19-2011, 05:15 PM

You win.

raiha
05-19-2011, 05:34 PM
I would like to believe it is accurate but polititians are polititicians. I suspect he is wooing Egypt and Tunisia because he wants something from them, given the billions he has pledged them, and his current Israel/Palestinian rhetoric is political expedience.
Is it better to know you are dealing with a snake or is it better to have your hopes raised only to have them dashed time after time after time?
I think i would rather the first option. At least you don't get depressed.

Zippyjuan
05-19-2011, 05:36 PM
Interesting. He is an Israeli plant who supports Palestine.

doodle
05-19-2011, 05:38 PM

True.. but only after they stop using US supplied free bombs to kill Palestinians and occupy their land and after US no longer faces 9/11 type blowbacks, gropings of young kids etc.

As long as their intervention in Palestine is US tax payers funded, it is 100% business of tax payers.

BlackTerrel
05-19-2011, 05:54 PM
A lot of "I wish he really did support Palestine" on a non-interventionist forum.

puppetmaster
05-19-2011, 06:06 PM
Beck has more stupid shit to bore us with now.

doodle
05-19-2011, 06:18 PM
funny thing is that Israel agreed at one time too.....

Saying something means JACK shit.

Netanyahu says "NO" to Obama proposal:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?175727-UK-Jewish-MP-Israel-acting-like-Nazis-in-Gaza&p=3287790&viewfull=1#post3287790

Depressed Liberator
05-19-2011, 06:25 PM
Considering we fund Israel so much to kill innocent Palestinians all the time, I think we have a say in what goes on there with our money. We shouldn't be giving them any aid, but for now we can't let it go towards promoting the apartheid.

Warrior_of_Freedom
05-19-2011, 06:42 PM
Wut? Isn't this a good thing? I thought most people here didn't like Israel. Oh well.

Ex Lux lucis
05-19-2011, 06:45 PM
This is precisely NONE of our business. The arrogance with which this man conducts himself internationally is remarkable. Imagine China commentating that we should grant amnesty to immigrants or a similar intrusion?

Meatwasp
05-19-2011, 06:59 PM
A lot of "I wish he really did support Palestine" on a non-interventionist forum.

+1

amy31416
05-19-2011, 06:59 PM
I really wish this situation was actually none of our business, but when our blind loyalty to Israel makes us a target for terrorism, when the result of it is over 10 years of war across four different countries, dead soldiers, torture, economic destruction, a high-speed degradation of our rights, molestation of people (including children) at various transportation hubs, massive militarization of police, massive amounts of dead civilians, Gitmo, Abu Ghraib, Blackwater, Halliburton...and on and on and on...yeah it's my fucking business.

It will stop being my business once AIPAC is completely burned to the ground and they have zero influence in our government. Then it's time to sever every last tie to Saudi Arabia--another corrupt regime that brings a whole lot of horrible bullshit--and they don't even have an official PAC that I know of--our gov't just has some twisted relationship with them.

So...any questions as to why I used to be a big fan of Israel, but am not any longer?

freshjiva
05-19-2011, 07:16 PM
This could be a big opportunity for Ron Paul to score some brownie points with the neocons by repudiating Obama's efforts here. We have zero authority to be telling Israel what she should be doing with her borders.

HOLLYWOOD
05-19-2011, 07:31 PM
Hey... Boehner and Reid came to an agreement today to rape our rights, liberties, and freedoms for another 4 years! (PATRIOT ACT RENEW)

Obama meant, The 1947 UN resolution-solution borders not the 1967 borders!

http://trueslant.com/matthewsteinglass/files/2010/03/israel-palestine-map.jpg

I really wish this situation was actually none of our business, but when our blind loyalty to Israel makes us a target for terrorism, when the result of it is over 10 years of war across four different countries, dead soldiers, torture, economic destruction, a high-speed degradation of our rights, molestation of people (including children) at various transportation hubs, massive militarization of police, massive amounts of dead civilians, Gitmo, Abu Ghraib, Blackwater, Halliburton...and on and on and on...yeah it's my fucking business.

It will stop being my business once AIPAC is completely burned to the ground and they have zero influence in our government. Then it's time to sever every last tie to Saudi Arabia--another corrupt regime that brings a whole lot of horrible bullshit--and they don't even have an official PAC that I know of--our gov't just has some twisted relationship with them.

So...any questions as to why I used to be a big fan of Israel, but am not any longer?