PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul inspires; wtf do other politicians do?

Gaddafi Duck
05-19-2011, 11:57 AM
I've been reading Voltaire and many of the Enlightenment thinkers and I was thinking to myself these were actually very inspirational people. They changed how the common person viewed aristocrats and titles and many other societal illusions that existed. Ron Paul is an inspirational figure in today's society. He literally turned many statists' (mine included) worlds upside down. Then I hear so many people around me being critical, rolling their eyes about Ron Paul and his entourage of loons, only to find out they support Obama, McCain, [insert politician name here].

The question is, does Obama actually inspire people? Like, who will actually quote Obama (or just about any other politician) today, let alone years or decades from now? Who changed their worldview or any view on any topic just because of what Obama said? The people who support Obama, the status quo, don't really have titanic shifts in their ideologies. Ron Paul moved me drastically in a better direction, but who seriously changed their mind when they heard Obama speak? It seems the people we *should* be voting for are ones that add no substantive value to anything. It's all about whether one prefers paper over plastic instead of actually questioning the rationale of the entire debate itself.

Just a quick rant I wanted to get out. I feel better now :)

KEEF
05-19-2011, 01:39 PM
I've been reading Voltaire and many of the Enlightenment thinkers and I was thinking to myself these were actually very inspirational people. They changed how the common person viewed aristocrats and titles and many other societal illusions that existed. Ron Paul is an inspirational figure in today's society. He literally turned many statists' (mine included) worlds upside down. Then I hear so many people around me being critical, rolling their eyes about Ron Paul and his entourage of loons, only to find out they support Obama, McCain, [insert politician name here].

The question is, does Obama actually inspire people? Like, who will actually quote Obama (or just about any other politician) today, let alone years or decades from now? Who changed their worldview or any view on any topic just because of what Obama said? The people who support Obama, the status quo, don't really have titanic shifts in their ideologies. Ron Paul moved me drastically in a better direction, but who seriously changed their mind when they heard Obama speak? It seems the people we *should* be voting for are ones that add no substantive value to anything. It's all about whether one prefers paper over plastic instead of actually questioning the rationale of the entire debate itself.

Just a quick rant I wanted to get out. I feel better now :)

Besides our Founding Fathers, who started that big experiment called the United States of America in 1776, what other polititian and/or candidate has ever started a movement?

Ron Paul is the only one that comes to my mind. Although the media would lead John Q. Public to believe that movement was started by Bachman and Palin. About the only smart thing those two did was put their faces on the movement when we actually started to pick up momentum.