PDA

View Full Version : Jobs for an aging techie far from DC?

inibo
10-27-2007, 11:03 PM
This is kind of depressing, but I'm coming to the sickening realization that short of impeachment (yeah, right) nothing and nobody will stop George W. Bush from starting a war with Iran and it could happen any day now. If that weren't bad enough, I work about 6 blocks from the White House and not much further from the US Capitol building.

Unlike the phony threats that have been trumped up whenever the administration needs a distraction from the latest executive order, I am very concerned that an attacks on Iran could lead to actual terrorist attacks in return and everyday I spend 8 to 10 hours in a prime target zone. The money is OK and I really like my job, but I'm ready to get out of here. Montana is looking very good to me about now, but I'm not picky.

In all seriousness, does anyone have any leads on where an general purpose IT tech with desktop support, network engineering, server administration (Linux and Windows) and web development (apache, mysql and php) experience could find a job away somewhere far away from here and other potential dead zones?

Please.

(Should this be in another forum?)

bbachtung
10-27-2007, 11:28 PM
Inibo,

Check out New Hampshire, they're having a lot of fun fighting the immigrants from Taxachusetts.

Check out http://forum.nhfree.com

Primbs
10-27-2007, 11:33 PM
Idaho has some high tech companies and is growing very fast.