PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Republican REGISTER BOMB

iGGz
05-19-2011, 01:44 AM
He calls out the Voter bomb page at 8:45

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEDqllgwCPY

iGGz
05-19-2011, 01:54 AM
After 50 tries I got it embedded. BTW, it helps to read instructions.

centure7
05-19-2011, 02:06 AM
After watching the video, he's got me convinced. We need a "Registration bomb"... or maybe there is a less violent sounding name?

However, the core problem is that the Republican party could easily lie about the numbers. Therefore, we'd need a public reporting system that after someone re-registers, they report that they have registered somehow without specifically revealing their identity to the public.

cdc482
05-19-2011, 07:49 AM
How do you register republican???! Can we do this for each state?

sailingaway
05-19-2011, 07:53 AM
How do you register republican???! Can we do this for each state?

I want us to set up a site "Register4RonPaul.com" where we have the links to the 50 state 'change your registration/register' sites. I'd put together the info if someone will do the site. I plan to pull the links together this weekend (I'll start earlier but likely won't finish until then). At minimum we could put them on a post here and link to that post for comments on the web and videos saying to register.

I think this is a HUGE need, because in all polls I've seen Ron's big problem is how evenly his support is split. He has most support in the GOP and least in the Dems, but he dominates with independents and has a good slice of Dem support, and if those people don't register GOP to vote for him in the primary (at least the independents not to mention STUDENTS) he won't be competitive with the frontrunner in the primary.

If we really want him to WIN, not just educate, this is vital. In fact, if we want the maximum education value this is vital because the amount of votes he gets will drive interest and media, as well, as the primaries unfold. And people have registration deadlines in some states long before people typically start focusing on the race, so this will be a challenge. We at least have to get the political junkies who support him to shift now, and then they can help bring people in.

We need to start the snowball early. We are counting on growing from our existing numbers, not just replicating what we did before.

Verrater
05-19-2011, 09:14 AM
I want us to set up a site "Register4RonPaul.com" where we have the links to the 50 state 'change your registration/register' sites. I'd put together the info if someone will do the site. I plan to pull the links together this weekend (I'll start earlier but likely won't finish until then). At minimum we could put them on a post here and link to that post for comments on the web and videos saying to register.

I think this is a HUGE need, because in all polls I've seen Ron's big problem is how evenly his support is split. He has most support in the GOP and least in the Dems, but he dominates with independents and has a good slice of Dem support, and if those people don't register GOP to vote for him in the primary (at least the independents not to mention STUDENTS) he won't be competitive with the frontrunner in the primary.

If we really want him to WIN, not just educate, this is vital. In fact, if we want the maximum education value this is vital because the amount of votes he gets will drive interest and media, as well, as the primaries unfold. And people have registration deadlines in some states long before people typically start focusing on the race, so this will be a challenge. We at least have to get the political junkies who support him to shift now, and then they can help bring people in.

We need to start the snowball early. We are counting on growing from our existing numbers, not just replicating what we did before.

It would be great if we could set that up along with information for every state on how to register republican.
One million people shifting to the republican party would be a massive statement.

SanDiegoForPaul
05-19-2011, 09:40 AM
I will build and host the website if someone will help me collect the information regarding each states registration process. It would be worked on in my free time. For a basic site, it could be done by Monday.

Verrater
05-19-2011, 10:11 AM
I will build and host the website if someone will help me collect the information regarding each states registration process. It would be worked on in my free time. For a basic site, it could be done by Monday.

I don't know about specifying your party. But here is the state by state information for registering to vote.
I'm sure the information would be on the accompanying websites or available via their local post office.

http://www.declareyourself.com/voting_faq/state_by_state_info_2.html

KingRobbStark
05-19-2011, 10:15 AM
Thats what I've been saying all long, and I'm glad he took initiative.

sailingaway
05-19-2011, 10:35 AM
I don't know about specifying your party. But here is the state by state information for registering to vote.
I'm sure the information would be on the accompanying websites or available via their local post office.

http://www.declareyourself.com/voting_faq/state_by_state_info_2.html

Thanks. I just bought the domain Register4RonPaul.com and I think someone is helping me with it (on another thread but he has a bunch of projects he's helping with so SanDiegoForRonPaul I may end up asking you if he is backed up. I will pull the sites and see how to register GOP. But this site will be a big help to get info. I also want to add a link to the campaign site and maybe to other RP sites -- have to think about what should go on, maybe an 'other info' section with a 'get involved' tab linking first to the campaign volunteer site and to iowaforronpaul.com, and then to grassroots forums like rpf, ronpaulflix etc.. We'd specify grassroots forums and have the general 'not affiliated with any campaign or campaign committee' disclaimer.

sailingaway
05-19-2011, 10:52 AM
Does anyone know if I need to buy the norton protection for the webpage if all I'm doing is linking to other live links (like secretary of state offices and maybe other rp web sites?) I've never done a website before, but I won't be collecting submissions or anything.

Verrater
05-19-2011, 11:03 AM
Thanks. I just bought the domain Register4RonPaul.com and I think someone is helping me with it (on another thread but he has a bunch of projects he's helping with so SanDiegoForRonPaul I may end up asking you if he is backed up. I will pull the sites and see how to register GOP. But this site will be a big help to get info. I also want to add a link to the campaign site and maybe to other RP sites -- have to think about what should go on, maybe an 'other info' section with a 'get involved' tab linking first to the campaign volunteer site and to iowaforronpaul.com, and then to grassroots forums like rpf, ronpaulflix etc.. We'd specify grassroots forums and have the general 'not affiliated with any campaign or campaign committee' disclaimer.

Not a problem. This looks like it could be big.
Hrmm, just a thought you don't think the government could construe this as an attempt at interrupting government operations if we flood post offices that day?

LatinsforPaul
05-19-2011, 11:10 AM
Michigan has open primaries. That means you can either vote as a Democrat or a Republican, but not both. Here is some help...

Michigan Voter Information Center
http://michigan.gov/sos/0,1607,7-127-1633-49313--,00.html

Voter Registration Application
http://www.michigan.gov/documents/MIVoterRegistration_97046_...

Absent Voter Ballot Application:
http://www.michigan.gov/documents/AbsentVoterBallot_105377_7...

R3volutionJedi
05-19-2011, 11:38 AM
If this is made a big official date that alot of people know about, I'll registrar on that day. If not, I will registrar the first time i can on my 17th birthday in October

Bryan
05-19-2011, 01:17 PM
Verrater's link is just for registering to vote in the general election.

Every state is different with their requirements for voting in the primary. Some states require you to be registered with the party and the deadlines is long before November. What this means is that there may be a six month window before registration ends in the first state vs. the last-- so if you do it very early then you'll miss a ton of people who haven't even gotten on board yet. Best to have a steady program to do registrations, IMO.

Not that it can't be done, but I don't see it likely to gain media coverage from this. There is no central party registration / voter registration hub that collects statistics and it takes more of an activist to want to take off work to go on a special day, basically where you have to work around others schedule and not your own. Thus, it will take a massive amounts of volunteer hours to mobilize a critical mass. IMO, it's better to use that time going canvassing. Also, if this is successful it would just create lines and possibly annoy others. We've been hammered on that before too.

The message in the video keeps talking about hijacking the Republican Party-- this is pretty much the exact impression we don't want to give off, since we're not doing it. We are building a large base to return the Republican Party to its conservative roots. The hijack message has gotten a lot of people in trouble.

Voter registration is critical, no doubt, state leaders needs to help those in their state. If the official campaign doesn't push this hard we will have issues.

Also, has this person been vetted to lead a trusted effort? His youtube page says "This page is for the sole purpose of promoting my videos for my run for Congress.", anyone know anything about that?

sailingaway
05-19-2011, 01:45 PM
Verrater's link is just for registering to vote in the general election.

Every state is different with their requirements for voting in the primary. Some states require you to be registered with the party and the deadlines is long before November. What this means is that there may be a six month window before registration ends in the first state vs. the last-- so if you do it very early then you'll miss a ton of people who haven't even gotten on board yet. Best to have a steady program to do registrations, IMO.

Not that it can't be done, but I don't see it likely to gain media coverage from this. There is no central party registration / voter registration hub that collects statistics and it takes more of an activist to want to take off work to go on a special day, basically where you have to work around others schedule and not your own. Thus, it will take a massive amounts of volunteer hours to mobilize a critical mass. IMO, it's better to use that time going canvassing. Also, if this is successful it would just create lines and possibly annoy others. We've been hammered on that before too.

The message in the video keeps talking about hijacking the Republican Party-- this is pretty much the exact impression we don't want to give off, since we're not doing it. We are building a large base to return the Republican Party to its conservative roots. The hijack message has gotten a lot of people in trouble.

Voter registration is critical, no doubt, state leaders needs to help those in their state. If the official campaign doesn't push this hard we will have issues.

Also, has this person been vetted to lead a trusted effort? His youtube page says "This page is for the sole purpose of promoting my videos for my run for Congress.", anyone know anything about that?

I agree in not wanting the 'bomb', but a significant portion of RP supporters are either conservatives who have abandoned the GOP and are independents, or are students, who need to register, period. Again, a registration bomb would cause problems you suggest, but just having a link so those who want to can register, that we can refer people to, is different. Thanks for the heads up on the primary registration being different though, because I am going through the links one by one, and looking for 'designate party affiliation' type ability at this point.

Did you have a problem with a site that is just called Register4RonPaul.com and has links to sos offices to register/change affiliation? (because I already paid for it :o) I will be sure there is no 'take over the GOP' type stuff in it. It is just to let those who aren't registered, or find they aren't properly registered GOP, to register so they can vote for Ron. I really think that is going to be important. I am also up for canvassing, separately.

iGGz
05-19-2011, 01:46 PM

Hey I started doing something like this on Facebook, you can check it out here:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Register-Republican-for-Ron-Paul/115980928488183

I already have all the websites, so you can grab them from there.

I was truly amazed at how shitty the majority of the websites are. Only like 6 actually allow online registration.

Pretty sad.

sailingaway
05-19-2011, 01:48 PM
Hey I started doing something like this on Facebook, you can check it out here:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Register-Republican-for-Ron-Paul/115980928488183

I already have all the websites, so you can grab them from there.

I was truly amazed at how shitty the majority of the websites are. Only like 6 actually allow online registration.

Pretty sad.

Yeah I was noticing that. (about mail ins) and some don't even have the address to mail it on the form. All the more reason to make it easy. I'll check out your facebook stuff, thanks!

--
LOL! Love your 'location'!

iGGz
05-19-2011, 01:59 PM
Yeah I was noticing that. (about mail ins) and some don't even have the address to mail it on the form. All the more reason to make it easy. I'll check out your facebook stuff, thanks!

--
LOL! Love your 'location'!

haha thanks! BTW, if anyone out there hasn't searched "Vote Ron Paul" on Google Images, I highly recommend it.

itsnobody
05-19-2011, 02:09 PM
It's not really possible to do a voter bomb to gain media publicity, but yeah we need web sites on voter registration information and deadlines for Ron Paul voters. A significant percent of Ron Paul supporters just turned 18 or never voted before, so we need to ensure that they vote in the primaries.

But it's still good to come up with a variation of effective strategies to get Ron Paul to win the GOP Nomination.

Bryan
05-19-2011, 03:05 PM
I agree in not wanting the 'bomb', but a significant portion of RP supporters are either conservatives who have abandoned the GOP and are independents, or are students, who need to register, period. Again, a registration bomb would cause problems you suggest, but just having a link so those who want to can register, that we can refer people to, is different. Thanks for the heads up on the primary registration being different though, because I am going through the links one by one, and looking for 'designate party affiliation' type ability at this point.

Did you have a problem with a site that is just called Register4RonPaul.com and has links to sos offices to register/change affiliation? (because I already paid for it :o) I will be sure there is no 'take over the GOP' type stuff in it. It is just to let those who aren't registered, or find they aren't properly registered GOP, to register so they can vote for Ron. I really think that is going to be important. I am also up for canvassing, separately.
This certainly has a lot of value- and it was actually done in '07 by a site called "primarily paul" - it proved to be very helpful. The site is actually still up so you can see what they did: http://www.primarilypaul.com/ron-paul-in-the-primaries/

All the info is old (for '07/08) but providing similar updated info would be great.

sailingaway
05-19-2011, 03:06 PM
This certainly has a lot of value- and it was actually done in '07 by a site called "primarily paul" - it proved to be very helpful. The site is actually still up so you can see what they did: http://www.primarilypaul.com/ron-paul-in-the-primaries/

All the info is old (for '07/08) but providing similar updated info would be great.

thanks for the site

tnvoter
05-19-2011, 07:33 PM
bump. you guys gotta get moving on this if you aren't yet registered.

malkusm
05-19-2011, 07:37 PM
Great idea! :)