PDA

View Full Version : What branch of service most alignes to Paul?

jkaufmann
10-27-2007, 10:40 PM
I am curious to see what others think. Out of these branches of service:
Army
Airforce
Navy
Marines

Who do you think are most in alignment to Paul? This includes his political stances as well as his ideologies. Don't use money donations. Only use your subjective opinions on the branches themselves.

I have my guess. curious to see others.

skiingff
10-27-2007, 10:43 PM
Go Army!

Army.

Duh.

NinjaPirate
10-27-2007, 10:45 PM
USAF.

But, I'm biased. :D

ctb619
10-27-2007, 10:45 PM
From an institutional perspective? Or are you asking which branch has the highest percentage of Ron Paul supporters?

Primbs
10-27-2007, 10:47 PM
He was in the Air Force, so it is Air Force.

Senior leaders in the military are always more cautious sending forces into action.

Younger guys are gung ho to get into trouble.

Senior military more likely to back Ron Paul.

skiingff
10-27-2007, 10:48 PM
Actually, I switch my vote.

COAST GUARD.

Because they play more of a defensive than an offensive role.

That's what the Army, Navy, Air Force and Marines should play too!

jkaufmann
10-27-2007, 10:49 PM
From an institutional perspective? Or are you asking which branch has the highest percentage of Ron Paul supporters?

More of an institutional perspecitve. Also anecdotaly.

jkaufmann
10-27-2007, 10:51 PM
Actually, I switch my vote.

COAST GUARD.

Because they play more of a defensive than an offensive role.

That's what the Army, Navy, Air Force and Marines should play too!

I almost included the Coast gaurd, but they are actualy under the department of Transportion, if memoery serves me well.

Also I didn't want to open up the can of National Gaurd... Whisch is closer to militia and many people might want to jump on that bandwagon for that fact.

ctb619
10-27-2007, 10:55 PM
Either the Army or Marine Corps, because they spill the most blood when the wars get hot (recent conflicts). There was a recent article that said the Marine Corps was asking the Pentagon to shift its responsibilities away from Iraq and to the Afghanistan operation. That doesn't mean anything in and of itself, but it could indicate an increasing disillusionment with the Iraq campaign from the Corps leadership. Both of the aforementioned branches are getting hit the hardest in terms of stretching their resources - personnel and equipment.

LibertyOfOne
10-27-2007, 10:57 PM
The navy :P
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ihYloTkI4B4

SWATH
10-27-2007, 11:12 PM
Isn't the Navy (and perhaps the Marines) the only branch constitutionally allowed to stand during times of peace?

Kregener
10-27-2007, 11:32 PM
The Constitution calls only for the government to maintain a Navy.

What do you think Ron Paul will end up doing to the other..."branches"?

skiingff
10-27-2007, 11:43 PM
I almost included the Coast gaurd, but they are actualy under the department of Transportion, if memoery serves me well.

Also I didn't want to open up the can of National Gaurd... Whisch is closer to militia and many people might want to jump on that bandwagon for that fact.

Um, well, I'm in the Army National Guard and I know for a fact I went through the exact same Basic Combat Training and AIT as anyone in the active Army or Army reserves. Not only did I go through the exact same training, but I went through that training with my active duty counterparts. And I wear the same U.S. Army uniform anyone else in the Army does. The Army National Guard is simply a part-time component of the U.S. Army. We do it part time; they do it full-time. Otherwise a mirror image, besides the fact that we deploy to state & national shit and the active Army only deploys for national shit. So we do twice as much. Act as cops in riots and deliver aide in natural disasters & other emergencies stateside, AKA the CALIFORNIA FIRES. As well as go to Iraq. The active Army only goes to Iraq.

Also, there is an Air National Guard which is part of the Air Force.

And Coast Guard is 100% military. Part of the Dept. of Homeland Security, but under the Dept. of the Navy during war.

inibo
10-28-2007, 12:07 AM
I don't know anything about the military, I was in the Air Force. :D

In all seriousness, I think I'd have to go with the Coast Guard or the Navy because they are, in theory, more defensive than offensive. According to the Constitution we aren't even supposed to have an army, except in time of war--which we haven't had since 1945.

Now that you've got me thinking about it, in a truly defensive posture naval aviation and the Marines would fulfill the functions of the Air Force and the Army, at least until the armed citizenry moved up to repel any invaders who got past them. Ahh, what a wonderful dream.

coastie
10-28-2007, 07:10 AM
And Coast Guard is 100% military. Part of the Dept. of Homeland Security, but under the Dept. of the Navy during war

Yes we are, and we even have a boot camp as well. I say that because I actually got into an argument with some stupid b*tch at a store a while back over a military discount, because she knew that the Coast Guard was NOT military. Even after showing her my I.D., the only difference of which is the fact that it says Coast Guard on it, and not Army, etc....

We've been involved in EVERY major world conflict, with the exception of Afghanistan - but they dont have any water.:D

EDIT - And from what I've seen, not many people have heard of him. At my unit (~20 people), nobody had heard of him, except that he's crazy, until I brought him up. There's now 5 more supporters there.

inibo
10-28-2007, 08:51 AM
And from what I've seen, not many people have heard of him. At my unit (~20 people), nobody had heard of him, except that he's crazy, until I brought him up. There's now 5 more supporters there.

Good job.