PDA

View Full Version : Are you paleo or cosmo? Take the test!

wormyguy
05-18-2011, 06:59 PM
What I just wasted an hour and a half of my life on, lol.

http://www.helloquizzy.com/tests/the-cosmopaleo-test-for-libertarians

pcosmar
05-18-2011, 07:05 PM
I am not a number.

wormyguy
05-18-2011, 07:08 PM
I am not a number.

Option 1 then.

Justinjj1
05-18-2011, 07:08 PM
Goddamnit, I can't believe I wasted my time with that thing.

BamaAla
05-18-2011, 07:15 PM
You took the time to make it; I took the time to take it.

Paleolibertarian

4 Cosmotarianess!
You are clearly a paleolibertarian. You like your God (maybe) and your guns (definitely), you are pure in heart and doctrine, you think the world is against you and you are against the world. Your heroes are in the past, the future is either bleak or Ron Paul, and you religiously check your Lew Rockwell. You vote for ideological purity or not at all, and you are wholly disconnected from the "DC crowd."

nate895
05-18-2011, 07:19 PM
It says "Paleo," but really I'm:

F) Burkean Conservative informed by Biblical ethics

trey4sports
05-18-2011, 07:38 PM
paleolibertarian

BuddyRey
05-18-2011, 07:55 PM
Wow...I've never been called a generic anything! I'd be kinda pissed if the test hadn't been as much fun as it was. :D

"A generic libertarian

21 Cosmotarianess!
You are typical of the average American libertarian. You accept some parts of the "cosmotarian" and "paleolibertarian" poles, but do not ultimately align yourself with either. You don't think that libertarianism and libertinism are either synonymous or wholly opposed, your reading material neither consists of Eugen von Böhm-Bawerk or The New Republic, and you generally just lean towards freedom, nothing more and nothing less."

I don't know if it's the case that I'm "in the middle" of Paleodom and Cosmodom, or if I just find it a false dichotomy. And actually, I adore reading stuff from the Austrians (but not Bohm-Bawerk specifically, because I find his name difficult to pronounce, hence, highly intimidating).

dannno
05-18-2011, 08:12 PM
Paleo :confused:

I did have 13 Cosmotarianess tho

QueenB4Liberty
05-18-2011, 08:14 PM
A generic libertarian

28 Cosmotarianess!
You are typical of the average American libertarian. You accept some parts of the "cosmotarian" and "paleolibertarian" poles, but do not ultimately align yourself with either. You don't think that libertarianism and libertinism are either synonymous or wholly opposed, your reading material neither consists of Eugen von Böhm-Bawerk or The New Republic, and you generally just lean towards freedom, nothing more and nothing less.

wormyguy
05-18-2011, 08:17 PM
It's interesting that everyone is falling into just two categories when they represent only 47% of the possible results between them (although maybe quite a bit more of the results one would get if the test were taken at random - there's only one way to get a "perfect" score either way but several to get a score in the middle - although then one would expect "generic libertarian" most frequently - I suppose it's this crowd).

Lucille
05-18-2011, 08:58 PM
Paleolibertarian

10 Cosmotarianess!
You are clearly a paleolibertarian. You like your God (maybe) and your guns (definitely), you are pure in heart and doctrine, you think the world is against you and you are against the world. Your heroes are in the past, the future is either bleak or Ron Paul, and you religiously check your Lew Rockwell. You vote for ideological purity or not at all, and you are wholly disconnected from the "DC crowd."

Heh. It's true.

Dollars to doughnuts a cosmo wrote it.

wormyguy
05-18-2011, 09:06 PM
Heh. It's true.

Dollars to doughnuts a cosmo wrote it.

I wrote it, and scored paleo (indeed more paleo than you), FWIW...

Lucille
05-18-2011, 09:19 PM
I wrote it, and scored paleo (indeed more paleo than you), FWIW...

You did? Awesome job. It was a good quiz! I like the snark.

Kludge
05-18-2011, 09:29 PM
Generic :(

jmhudak17
05-18-2011, 09:33 PM
Generic libertarian with 36 cosmotarianess.

LibertyEagle
05-18-2011, 09:34 PM
I'm not a Libertarian.

MaxPower
05-19-2011, 12:12 AM
Paleolibertarian.

ClayTrainor
05-19-2011, 12:13 AM
I'm not a Libertarian.

:(

JCLibertarian
05-19-2011, 12:24 AM
Paleolibertarian

30 Cosmotarianess!
Your Analysis (Vertical line = Average)

Cosmotarianess Distribution

You scored 30% on Cosmotarianess, higher than 36% of your peers.

KingRobbStark
05-19-2011, 12:31 AM
I'm from California. I'm a Taneolibertarian.

tasteless
05-19-2011, 12:31 AM
Paleolibertarian

31 Cosmotarianess!

LibertyEagle
05-19-2011, 12:38 AM
:(

Why the frown? Labels don't define people. But, if you want one, I am a traditional conservative and by the way, the vast majority of Ron Paul's stances are aligned with that too. He doesn't belong to any one "label".

JWZguy
05-19-2011, 12:40 AM
I'm libertarian (lowercase L) and I'm on a 100% strict paleo diet. Does that make me paleolibertarian?

BamaAla
05-19-2011, 12:48 AM
I want to know what the heck a cosmotarianess is and why everyone has more of them than I do. Not cool!

ClayTrainor
05-19-2011, 12:55 AM
Why the frown? Labels don't define people.

They don't define a person, no, but words do mean things and define ideas. To be a libertarian means you believe in individual liberty before all else. To not be a libertarian means you put something before individual liberty.

But, if you want one, I am a traditional conservative and by the way, the vast majority of Ron Paul's stances are aligned with that too. He doesn't belong to any one "label".

Never said he belongs to one label, not sure why you'd assert that. However, he certainly has said he's a libertarian on many occasions.

LibertyEagle
05-19-2011, 01:22 AM
They don't define a person, no, but words do mean things and define ideas. To be a libertarian means you believe in individual liberty before all else. To not be a libertarian means you put something before individual liberty.

Libertarians do not own the concept of LIBERTY, Clay.

Never said he belongs to one label, not sure why you'd assert that. However, he certainly has said he's a libertarian on many occasions.

Yes, and on other occasions he has said he is a conservative and a Constitutionalist. So what? Do you not get that liberty is a philosophy that is shared amongst many little label categories? Libertarians do not own it; nor does anyone else.

You asked why I said it. I said it because it gets rather tiring for some to act like this movement belongs to Libertarians. It doesn't and never did. This movement is a big tent. Remember... freedom brings us together?

ClayTrainor
05-19-2011, 01:28 AM
Libertarians do not own the concept of LIBERTY, Clay.

Libertarianism is the concept of individual liberty, lol.

ClayTrainor
05-19-2011, 01:30 AM
Yes, and on other occasions he has said he is a conservative and a Constitutionalist. So what? Do you not get that liberty is a philosophy that is shared amongst many little label categories? Libertarians do not own it; nor does anyone else.

I never said he didn't call himself other things. You said your not a libertarian, and that to me sounds like you put something before individual liberty.

Yea, Dr. Paul calls himself other things, but he also unapologetically calls himself a libertarian.

You asked why I said it. I said it because it gets rather tiring for some to act like this movement belongs to Libertarians. It doesn't and never did. This movement is a big tent.

lol, I never asked you anything. ;)

Remember... freedom brings us together?

Freedom is just another word for liberty. If you believe in liberty, you're a libertarian, even if you call yourself other things as well.

LibertyEagle
05-19-2011, 01:38 AM
I never said he didn't call himself other things. You said your not a libertarian, and that to me sounds like you put something before individual liberty.
Well, I guess that would make you wrong. I do also care about my country though.

Yea, Dr. Paul calls himself other things, but he also unapologetically calls himself a libertarian.
He also unapologetically calls himself a Constitutionalist and a conservative.

lol, I never asked you anything. ;)

Fair enough. Let's say that you expressed a lack of knowledge.

Never said he belongs to one label, not sure why you'd assert that.

Freedom is just another word for liberty. If you believe in liberty, you're a libertarian, even if you call yourself other things as well.

I do not agree. And one of the reasons I do not agree is because of some of the things I have seen posted in this forum by people calling themselves "libertarians" and I know I am not alone. :)

LibertyEagle
05-19-2011, 01:44 AM
Libertarianism is the concept of individual liberty, lol.

Here's an English lesson for you.

Libertarian is a noun and libertarianism is an adjective. Libertarianism is a philosophy that is shared by multiple nouns; including, Libertarians, traditional conservatives, etc.

This poll was about the noun, LIBERTARIAN. Again, Libertarians do not own the philosophy of liberty.

ClayTrainor
05-19-2011, 01:44 AM
Well, I guess that would make you wrong. I do also care about my country.

So does Ron Paul, but he's still not afraid to call himself a libertarian. So you're a libertarian who also cares about your country?

He has also unapologetically calls himself a Constitutionalist and a conservative.

Never challenged that, I have conceded it in virtually every post in this thread. lmao

I do not agree. And one of the reasons I do not agree is because of some of the things I have seen posted in this forum by people calling themselves "libertarians" and I know I am not alone.

lol, wtf does that mean? You define libertarianism based on what some people on this forum say? Is that how you define what a "Traditional Conservative" is as well? lmao.

Libertarianism is the philosophy of liberty, deny it all you want, it just makes you look delusional.

ClayTrainor
05-19-2011, 01:46 AM
Here's an English lesson for you.

Libertarian is a noun and libertarianism is an adjective. Libertarianism is a philosophy that is shared by multiple nouns; including, Libertarians, traditional conservatives, etc.

So you believe in libertarianism but you're not a libertarian? lmao.

That's like saying you believe in conservatism, but aren't a conservative.

LibertyEagle
05-19-2011, 01:48 AM
So you believe in libertarianism but you're not a libertarian? lmao.

That's like saying you believe in conservatism, but aren't a conservative.

lolol.

You don't even realize who the Libertarian party was started by, do you? Time to do your homework, Clay, lest you stick your foot further in your mouth.

ClayTrainor
05-19-2011, 01:51 AM
lolol.

You don't even realize who the Libertarian party was started by, do you?

Who gives a shit? It's not like that changes the definition of the fucking word. lmao. I don't even like the libertarian party.

Time to do your homework, Clay, lest you stick your foot further in your mouth.

You're a mean-spirited person, who appeals to emotion over logic.

LibertyEagle
05-19-2011, 01:59 AM
So does Ron Paul, but he's still not afraid to call himself a libertarian. So you're a libertarian who also cares about your country?

OMG, Clay. Are you serious? How many times do we have to go through this? Ron Paul calls himself a variety of things. Libertarianism, the philosophy, threads through them all. Libertarianism does not solely belong to the Libertiarian party and you seem to be having a hard time accepting that. I don't know why.

No, I am not a Libertarian and never will be. I've seen far too much on this forum by people calling themselves libertarians that I do not agree with at all.

Never challenged that, I have conceded it in virtually every post in this thread. lmao

Yet, you keep on trying to stuff him in your little category.

lol, wtf does that mean? You define libertarianism based on what some people on this forum say? Is that how you define what a "Traditional Conservative" is as well? lmao.
I don't require a little category to fit my ideology in. If you do, fine. But, you're not going to win this one, Clay. Libertarians != libertarianism.

Libertarianism is the philosophy of liberty, deny it all you want,

No one denied what libertarianism is. One more time. Libertarian is a noun; libertarianism is an adjective. This thread was started about the noun. Libertarianism is not mutually exclusive to Libertarians.

it just makes you look delusional.

But, if you're going start with the insults, I guess that means you concede the argument. lol

BamaAla
05-19-2011, 02:04 AM
Damn guys; its just a word. Libertarian, traditional liberal, Constitutionalist, etc. can all mean the same or polar opposite depending on who hears them. Both of you have in excess of 10,000 posts on a Ron Paul themed forum, so its quite obvious you share at least a similar philosophy.

LibertyEagle
05-19-2011, 02:05 AM
//

ClayTrainor
05-19-2011, 02:08 AM
No one denied what libertarianism is. One more time. Libertarian is a noun; libertarianism is an adjective. This thread was started about the noun. Libertarianism is not mutually exclusive to Libertarians.

Libertarian: "An adherent of libertarianism" - Google Dictionary (http://www.google.ca/dictionary?langpair=en|en&q=libertarian&hl=en&aq=f)

But, if you're going start with the insults, I guess that means you concede the argument. lol

Whatever makes you feel like you won an argument. That's what it's always about with you.

ClayTrainor
05-19-2011, 02:10 AM
Libertarianism does not solely belong to the Libertiarian party and you seem to be having a hard time accepting that.

It's like you're not even reading my posts. I in no way associate with the libertarian party.

No, I am not a Libertarian and never will be.

Unlike Dr. Paul.

Yet, you keep on trying to stuff him in your little category.

Not at all, I have conceded in every virtually every single one of my posts that he labels himself many things, INCLUDING a Libertarian.

ClayTrainor
05-19-2011, 02:11 AM
Damn guys; its just a word. Libertarian, traditional liberal, Constitutionalist, etc. can all mean the same or polar opposite depending on who hears them. Both of you have in excess of 10,000 posts on a Ron Paul themed forum, so its quite obvious you share at least a similar philosophy.

Me and LE don't get along, haha. I really should block her so I stop wasting everyones time and hijacking threads with this kind of nonsense. My apologies for participating in the hijacking of this thread.

LibertyEagle
05-19-2011, 02:13 AM
Clay, I made the distinction for a reason. A reason I stated multiple times. You refuse to hear what I am saying and I don't really understand why. Perhaps I am not saying it clearly enough.

You keep acting like libertarians have the sole claim on libertarianism. Like it is some kind of private club and perhaps it is. But, the philosophy of liberty does not belong to any one group, it belongs to us all. This is why this was a big tent movement to begin with and probably why Dr. Paul so willingly calls himself a variety of things... a libertarian, a constitutionalist, a conservative... I want everyone to feel welcome here; not only here, but in this movement.

I'm not going to sink to your level, Clay. Go ahead and insult me some more, if it makes you feel like a big man, or more like a libertarian. Whatever.

doctor jones
05-19-2011, 02:14 AM
A generic libertarian
35 Cosmotarianess!

You are typical of the average American libertarian. You accept some parts of the "cosmotarian" and "paleolibertarian" poles, but do not ultimately align yourself with either. You don't think that libertarianism and libertinism are either synonymous or wholly opposed, your reading material neither consists of Eugen von Böhm-Bawerk or The New Republic, and you generally just lean towards freedom, nothing more and nothing less.

Bout right -- an individual among individuals

ClayTrainor
05-19-2011, 02:16 AM
You keep acting like libertarians have the sole claim on libertarianism.

No, I am claiming that Libertarinism is the philosophy of liberty. Those who accept libertarianism are libertarians, even if they label themselves other things as well.

Just like someone who believes in conservatism is a conservative, even though they may label themselves other things as well. (like dr. paul)

ClayTrainor
05-19-2011, 02:20 AM
I'm not going to sink to your level, Clay. Go ahead and insult me some more, if it makes you feel like a big man, or more like a libertarian. Whatever.

Because you're just so polite, aren't ya LE

Time to do your homework, Clay, lest you stick your foot further in your mouth.

ClayTrainor
05-19-2011, 02:22 AM
Forget arguing with me, LE. I haven't had a productive conversation with you in years. I'm done beating my head up against your wall. You are ignored, and I wish to never speak to you again. Have a nice life. :)

ClayTrainor
05-19-2011, 02:24 AM
My sincerest apologies to everyone else for hijacking this thread with LE. It was unnecessary and rude of both of us.

Dreamofunity
05-19-2011, 05:45 AM
A generic libertarian

38 Cosmotarianess!

Fairly accurate; although I do like my Eugen.

KingRobbStark
05-19-2011, 10:36 AM
The good thing about Libertarianism is that you are free to label yourself according to your own taste, because in the in the end its your own personal choice (and no other "libertarian" will fault you for that). So yes in a way both ClayTrainer and LibertyEagle are right, and at the same time they are also both wrong. Now how about you both make up and become friends. Like Paul would say, "Liberty brings us together". So yea...........

Fredom101
05-19-2011, 11:13 AM
I follow the paleo diet. :)

White Bear Lake
05-19-2011, 11:46 AM
If some guy on the street were to ask me, I would say I'm a conservative ala Goldwater and Buchanan. I do really like libertarianism and Ron Paul as well though. I'd say libertarians and traditional/paleo conservatives are for all intents and purposes, the same group. WE have slight differences but we shouldn't focus on those. The real enemies are the fake conservatives (neocons) and the fake liberals (progressives).

libertyjam
05-19-2011, 12:02 PM
It confirmed what other tests have said.

Scored just a little above median on the Cosmotarianess, whatever that is.

libertyjam
05-19-2011, 12:05 PM
I love this definition!

Cosmolibertarian

You got to this point either by answering this quiz in a rather "establishment" manner or by taking it high on crack. Either way, you are a cosmolibertarian. You like your drugs, your whores, your cultural degeneracy, and your cocktail parties. You like a faction of the major parties in your politics, and support it religiously. You like to have your cake and eat it too - so long as the cake is provided by the government, but only available to you. ;-)

ChaosControl
05-19-2011, 01:09 PM
Paleolibertarian

26 Cosmotarianess!