PDA

View Full Version : Judge Andrew Napolitano "Ron Paul The Thomas Jefferson Of Our Day"

Bison
06-11-2007, 09:29 PM
In a speech given to the Future of Freedom Foundation Judge Andrew Napolitano called Ron Paul the "Thomas Jefferson of our day".

http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Judge_Andrew_Napolitano_Ron_Paul_The_Thomas_Jeffer son_Of_Our_Day

angrydragon
06-11-2007, 09:32 PM
Napolitano was on that one show, Power of Attorney. He was the judge on the show.

remaxjon
06-11-2007, 09:32 PM
Thats great news. He has a lot of pull on Fox and it would be nice to get Paul on with Orielly.

Bison
06-11-2007, 10:30 PM
It is great news. It could really open the minds of people who would not normaly listen. I think the Judge has great credibility and this could cause people to take a second look at Ron Paul.

lucky
06-11-2007, 11:16 PM
Thats great news. He has a lot of pull on Fox and it would be nice to get Paul on with Orielly.

It does but Hannity has way more pull than all of them combined and Hannity is not a RP guy.

mikelovesgod
06-11-2007, 11:33 PM
Hannity is the king of FOX. He wants anyone but RP in the Republican party. It would kill his show to have a Repub against his own position on the war on terror and make him look bad to the reactionaries who would turn on him. His ratings would plummet and his position would look foolish.

Hannity and Rush thrive when Clinton is in power. You get to criticize him and uphold the Rep talking points, but when a Rep is in power like Bush you have to be on the defensive 24/7, and if he gets a Rep who is against his policies he has to defend himself from Reps and Dems with no constituency to push his talking points while demonizing everyone. He knows it and is afraid.

He's a great American in the worst kind of way.

BLS
06-11-2007, 11:37 PM
Hannity is on my sh!t list. I would love to find something dirty on him.

lucky
06-11-2007, 11:38 PM
He also has a best seller from a couple of years ago and I have a signed copy of it. It would be against what he wrote and he could be called hypocritical. He is also pusjing this Isolationist crap onto Ron Paul. The worst part is he has millions of faithful listeners and they vote Republican.

aravoth
06-12-2007, 12:15 AM
Nice! The judge subs for O' reilly once in a while on the radio side.

LFOD
06-12-2007, 12:47 AM
It interesting, I've been casually pondering the past few days the comparisons between Jefferson and Paul. I wrote a Reply to David Brooks' column on NYTimes about the "Hamiltonian Republicans" and said Ron Paul would play Jefferson to his Hamilton, but he was right to look to the founders for ideas about the future of the Republican party. (didn't get posted, go figure).

Then I just happened to be clicking through some of the presidential biographies on the White House web site. http://www.whitehouse.gov/history/presidents/ I was struck a bit, first off, in the similarity of their appearance. Also, the biography notes "but he was no public speaker". I actually think Paul is a great public speaker due to the force of his ideas. But some people do nitpick about style points.

But most importantly, in their philosophies, I think there are many similarities, and I'm interested in doing some more research on Jefferson. As it says in his biography "Attacking Federalist policies, he opposed a strong centralized Government and championed the rights of states"

Sounds like someone we know.

torchbearer
06-12-2007, 09:23 AM
Judge Napolitano for Vice Pres!

Bison
06-12-2007, 09:32 AM
I got to watch the whole series of videos of the Judge, and man does he nail home the point that our Constitution is being violated at every turn and that that is why we need Ron Paul in the Whitehouse. I hope people consider carefully who this endorsement is coming from. This is a man who knows the Constitution.

torchbearer
06-12-2007, 09:37 AM
Judge Napolitano for Vice President!

kylejack
06-12-2007, 09:38 AM

One more time, with GUSTO!

dude58677
06-12-2007, 09:44 AM
This is the best of news. Not only did someone in the MSM praise Ron Paul but he compared him to Thomas Jefferson. He didn't compare him to Reagan, Buchanan, or Perot but Thomas Jefferson. This is HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE.

torchbearer
06-12-2007, 10:54 AM

angrydragon
06-12-2007, 11:20 AM
Andrew would make a great president, after Ron Paul.

Matt Collins
06-12-2007, 11:22 AM
The judge is an amazing man and I would like to see him as RP's VP or at least one of his advisors.

They don't let him on the air too much unless it's a very narrow set of specifc legal questions they want answered. The Judge is a bigtime libertarian and that just isn't allowed on Fox ;-)

If you have not read any of his books, EVERY libertarian and true conservative should:

- Constitutional Chaos (What Happens When the Government Breaks Its Own Laws)

- The Constitution in Exile - How the Federal Government Has Seized Power by Rewriting the Supreme Law of the Land

They can be found here:
http://www.amazon.com/Constitution-Exile-Federal-Government-Rewriting/dp/1595550704/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2/104-8944873-1702349?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1181623997&sr=8-2

http://www.amazon.com/Constitutional-Chaos-Happens-Government-Breaks/dp/1595550402/ref=pd_bbs_sr_3/104-8944873-1702349?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1181623997&sr=8-3

ThePieSwindler
06-12-2007, 11:24 AM
No, Napolitano should be kept for when a Supreme Court vacancy opens when Ron Paul is president. He'd be much better and could do much more to help repair the system than as RP's VP. RP's VP should be either a man who is diplomatic or economic in background and nature.

Revolution9
06-12-2007, 11:53 AM
No, Napolitano should be kept for when a Supreme Court vacancy opens when Ron Paul is president. He'd be much better and could do much more to help repair the system than as RP's VP. RP's VP should be either a man who is diplomatic or economic in background and nature.

My thoughts exactly. A real Constitutionalist on the Supreme Court is needed badly. I am still of the mnd he needs a career Statesman Diplomat for a VP due to the need to re-establish good relations in the world again. The VP can travel while Ron holds down the fort.

Best Regards
Randy

Matt Collins
06-12-2007, 12:27 PM
A real Constitutionalist on the Supreme Court is needed badly.I would cream my pants if the Judge made it onto the USSC. :D