PDA

View Full Version : over 250,000 people saw ron pauls name today!!!!

Roxi
10-27-2007, 10:20 PM
The Tulsa Run:

Our Tulsa Ron paul group volunteered to hand water to the runners in the Annual Tulsa Run. So at 6 am I woke up (not easily) grabbed a rooibus latte from the coffee shop and headed towards tulsa's brookside district. I arrived around 7:30 and a few of my fellow Tulsa Ron Paul supporters were already there hammering a frame together for our sign. We set up 3 7 foot tables and started filling up 2,000 cups of water. Around 8:30 we started seeing the first of the racers and pretty soon we were bombarded with a total of 9,000 racers coming at us. We would hold out a cup of water and they would run by really fast grab the cup and about 3/4 of it spilled everywhere, it was hilarious we were soaked in about 10 minutes (it was 40 degrees). there were reported to be 40,000 plus spectators there THEN once the runners were all gone we started cleaning up all the cups the runners threw down and the COPS were like WOAH you guys are CLEANING THE MESS UP TOO??? apparently water passer outers just usually leave afterwards without picking up the 2,000 empty cups we had filled with water just a few hours prior. they gave us a police motorcade as we were using a HUGE ron paul sign to sweep up all the cups off the street. IT WAS AWESOME!!!!

THEN TULSA's BOO HA HA, APPARENTLY this town goes all out for halloween. around 10:30 we started seeing all these kids come from out of no where in costumes, so we decided to walk toward the crowds of people to pass out slim jims and had no idea what we were getting ourselves into. So heres how boo ha ha works, theres a 5 mile stretch of a very busy popular street, ALL the businesses along the street set up tables and booths and carnival type stuff and pass out candy to trick or treating kids. there were SOOO many people there, we found an empty spot and quickly set up the HUGE ron paul sign we had made earlier for the race (the sign was a 10 foot tall frame with a 8x4 sign attached) we set up a table and all our literature and DVD's (a man for all seasons), buttons, bumper stickers, EVERYTHING, and we bought 9 bags of candy from one of the grocery stores on the street and just jumped right in, we passed out candy to SO many kids, I seriously didn't know there were that many kids in this city.
so we spent the time trading off between manning the candy table and walking the crowd with signs and slim jims. we walked up and down that thing, after a while people started sitting on the curbs and completely filling this 5 mile stretch. We talked to nbc people radio people, I walked up to a cop in her car and said hey want something to read while your in there... (i gave TONS of cops flyers and NONE OF THEM said they couldn't take literature from a "CIVILIAN" ha ha ha ha

so apparently only california cops are kings and queens.....

anyway we talked to the officials there and they said there were over 200,000 people there. Then there was a parade! YES im serious, a HUGE official parade, with shriners and everything!!! :) so that experience was amazing, we got a few, oh hes a kook, oh you crazy liberatarians, oh hell never wins but for the most part we had an AWESOME response, and i would guess one out of 7 people knew who he was.

we left at 4 and went shopping for costumes because jay had ALSO volunteered to work the candy table at the HallowZOOeen thing, which is trick or treating at the zoo and we figured hey its another huge crowd of people to expose RP to. I have no idea how many people were there, i would guess 2-8 thousand but im not sure. i know i was in line for an hour and 20 minutes just to get in. I handed out hundreds of liberty cards

we did have one guy with a video camera there so ill see what he ended up getting, we were working so hard though we didn't get a chance to tape a whole lot but what we do have ill try to post on the http://www.ronpaultulsa.com site ASAP

OH also we ran into a family dressed in confederate garb, with a huge don't tread on me flag, they were passing out the new slim jims too, they looked so so awesome... it was a guy in our group but he just joined and has only been to one meeting SO hello that was awesome

Sorry for the long post, i hope u liked it!

0zzy
10-27-2007, 10:24 PM
Great job guys! :D

Geronimo
10-27-2007, 10:25 PM
Sounds like you had a grand old time. Thanks for taking part and thanks filling us in.

lasenorita
10-27-2007, 10:26 PM
Whoa! That's awesome!

sylvania
10-27-2007, 11:31 PM
Thank You!!!!! You are awesome for all of your hard work! And you are awesome because we got to hear about it through your great post!

james1844
10-27-2007, 11:35 PM
Tulsa has my vote for this weeks most awesome meet up.

Tidewise
10-27-2007, 11:40 PM
Beautiful!

krott5333
10-27-2007, 11:45 PM
hahahha i can feel the excitement in your sentence structure!

literatim
10-27-2007, 11:57 PM
Awesome, great job. :)

Eric21ND
10-28-2007, 03:05 AM
I was worried about our OK support, but you guys make me hopeful again :)

scrosnoe
10-28-2007, 03:47 AM
Thanks to everyone, but to work that hard all day and then post for all to see and share the energy!

Roxie rocks!!!

Ron Paul does too:D

ladyliberty
10-28-2007, 05:00 AM
Great Job guys!!!!

All of the other so-called Top Tier candidates are so JEALOUS right now - they cannot figure out HOW that RON PAUL can get so many people to volunteer their time and efforts in this manner - they cannot even PAY people to give them this kind of publicity!

walt
10-28-2007, 05:21 AM
every time I see somethign from your state it's amazing like this. I think we might win there.

why is your response so much better than Iowa do you think?

Trassin
10-28-2007, 05:21 AM
Great job guys! Any pictures?

James R
10-28-2007, 06:49 AM
What a great story!

Meatwasp
10-28-2007, 07:26 AM
Your post was so fun to read. Very good job

paulaholic
10-28-2007, 07:35 AM
OH also we ran into a family dressed in confederate garb, with a huge don't tread on me flag, they were passing out the new slim jims too, they looked so so awesome... it was a guy in our group but he just joined and has only been to one meeting SO hello that was awesome

Confederate garb? That doesn't seem like a good way to advertise RP.

JenHarris
10-28-2007, 07:49 AM
I really needed to hear this after all the crap yesterday, so thanks for taking the time to post it and GREAT JOB!

A Ron Paul Rebel
10-28-2007, 08:03 AM
Way to go Roxie!

runderwo
10-28-2007, 10:01 AM
That sounds awesome, I wish I was there...oh wait I was! :D

freedom_junkie
10-28-2007, 10:03 AM
My husband said he watching some motorcyle/racecar station and saw the ron paul signs, more than 250K, it was broadcast nationwide!!!!!

CoreyBowen999
10-28-2007, 10:06 AM
Wow. You guys are AWESOME! pictures?