PDA

View Full Version : "Mike Huckabee Decided Not to Run So He Could Infect the Brains of Our Youth"

dannno
05-18-2011, 10:02 AM

http://slog.thestranger.com/slog/archives/2011/05/17/mike-huckabee-decided-not-to-run-for-president-so-he-could-infect-the-brains-of-our-nations-youth

Mike Huckabee Decided Not to Run for President So He Could Infect the Brains of Our Nation's Youth
Tue, May 17, 2011 at 3:36 PM

Thanks to Slog tipper Fred for sending this along: Learn Our History is a Mike Huckabee-produced cartoon series that's supposed to teach kids about "the important lessons of our history." You can watch Huckabee's introduction to the series here. You can either buy a single DVD for twenty bucks, or buy into the series for $9.95, which will then get you an $11.95 DVD delivered to your door "about once a month" for as long as you want to keep paying for them. Here's the preview of the first disc, which is unsurprisingly about the Reagan revolution:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BKDD3BDNHg&feature=player_embedded

This will probably be huge with the home-schooled crowd. In case you needed any more information about why this Little Teabagger Training School is a terrible idea, Fred also sent along a link to this Teaching Tolerance post on the series. Clearly, Huckabee couldn't run for president because he's too busy making money by exploiting the spawn of conservative creeps. What a sleaze.

Another article bashing the series:

http://www.tolerance.org/blog/meet-mike-hucksterbee?newsletter=TT051711

dannno
05-18-2011, 10:40 AM
bump

LibertyEagle
05-18-2011, 10:48 AM
It's actually a great idea. Too bad we didn't do it ourselves.

Do keep in mind that your 2nd link is to the Southern Poverty Law Center and their negative review of the program. As a general rule, if they hate something, it's probably pretty decent. ;)

dannno
05-18-2011, 10:56 AM
LOL!! I hadn't guessed that tolerance.org was splc but that makes sense.

Ya the idea is good, just seems poorly executed.

Yieu
05-18-2011, 10:59 AM
LOL!! I hadn't guessed that tolerance.org was splc but that makes sense.

Ya the idea is good, just seems poorly executed.

The idea is good, but should have been done by someone from our philosophy instead. :p

LibertyEagle
05-18-2011, 11:05 AM
It's still not too late.

Years ago, Dr. Paul had a series called "At Issue". I think that was the name. It ran non-stop on local access TV channels. They were wonderful. They, of course, were aimed at older folks.

If we want to remind people of the fundamentals, we have to make it palatable and fun. That might mean teaming up to do them with a group or groups that we don't agree 100 percent with. Someone who would make the videos be accepted by the mainstream. That doesn't mean we would sacrifice our principles; not at all. I'm thinking someone like FreedomWorks, here, and in conjunction perhaps with someone big in the homeschooling movement.

Just a thought.

dannno
05-18-2011, 11:06 AM
The idea is good, but should have been done by someone from our philosophy instead. :p

Ya I bolded the part in the second portion that emphasized homeschooling and "teabaggers", which as we have seen is a very broad spectrum of actual political philosophy.

dannno
05-18-2011, 11:22 AM
bump

dannno
05-18-2011, 12:34 PM
bump

BuddyRey
05-18-2011, 02:28 PM
Oh gosh, this is even worse than VeggieTales.