PDA

View Full Version : Web guru`s Please help! any way this can be done asap

Dave Wood
10-27-2007, 10:10 PM
ronpaul2008.com has a new tv ad posted on it`s FRONT PAGE with a link to youtube.

When you go to youtube to view it, you will find "quite a few negative" comments attached.

Is there any way to disable this link ASAP. This ad may never see the light of day but the comments on it are damning to RP`s campaign. Any ideas?

Maybe just blank the comments for now since this vid is a "rough draft" anyway?

Any help would be appreciated:o

lasenorita
10-27-2007, 10:12 PM
There's no way to remove the link from the official site unless you have access to their files.

There's also no way to blank the comments. Censorship isn't what we're about --- if people don't like it, they're free to post negative comments. What we can do is give all the comments we don't like a "thumbs down".

constitutional
10-27-2007, 10:12 PM
There are few options:

The campaign can delete the video
The campaign can disable the comments
The campaign can delete out the negative comments
We, as users, can bury the comments by giving it thumbs down. When a comment gets certain negative thumbs down, it will be hidden.

Dave Wood
10-27-2007, 10:14 PM
There are few options:

The campaign can delete the video
The campaign can disable the comments
The campaign can delete out the negative comments
We, as users, can bury the comments by giving it thumbs down. When a comment gets certain negative thumbs down, it will be hidden.

How many thumbs down? Can it be done from 1 IP?

constitutional
10-27-2007, 10:19 PM
How many thumbs down? Can it be done from 1 IP?

We need 6 thumb down so the score is -6 or below, then by the default settings... those comments will be buried and an average joe won't bother to click "show hidden."

lasenorita
10-27-2007, 10:22 PM
^ That means you have to have at least 6 people with YouTube accounts to give the comments a thumbs-down.

LibertyEagle
10-27-2007, 10:35 PM
Oh geez. You know what's worse than the commercial? THE RUDE COMMENTS on Youtube from the so-called supporters. Insulting the campaign chairman!!!! :mad: Using gutter language, that makes Ron Paul supporters look like rude little children.

I am appalled at the way people are acting. It really is embarrassing. I hope to God that Dr. Paul and his wife don't see those comments.

Dave Wood
10-27-2007, 10:56 PM
Oh geez. You know what's worse than the commercial? THE RUDE COMMENTS on Youtube from the so-called supporters. Insulting the campaign chairman!!!! :mad: Using gutter language, that makes Ron Paul supporters look like rude little children.

I am appalled at the way people are acting. It really is embarrassing. I hope to God that Dr. Paul and his wife don't see those comments.

LIBERTY! Someone can get through to SNYDER????? This link from the campaign website HAS TO BE ENDED asap!

They can carry on all they want but dont connect it to the front page of the campaign. HELP!!

LibertyEagle
10-27-2007, 11:16 PM
Dave, I am quite sure they know about it. If they take the link down, I'm sure all the kiddies will have an even bigger temper tantrum.

aravoth
10-27-2007, 11:24 PM

I have been royally pissed off all day becuase of this shit. If people don't like the video fine, but god damn, I have never seen shit like this in my life. I had no idea, no idea at all that This many RP supporters where this childish. They remind of the fat kid in the grocery line that falls on the floor in a tantrum becuase mommy won't buy him a dart gun.

They don't like the video, so they pick the most public place imaginable to post negative shit about the only chance we have to avoid a catastrophic collapse of the entire union. Some people need to put this in perspective.

Roxi
10-27-2007, 11:56 PM
exactly, its worth it to me to bury as many as we can, i just buried as many as i could, ill go back and keep doing it too

I think some of those are trolls but others aren't for sure and I knew that there were some childish people on these forums but this is rediculous really

OH also leave a new, positive or neutral comment so those are all at the top, i think we can make positive ones faster than they can make negative ones, unless its an all out war between RP supporters and split in half, then we would all fight to the death and no one would win LOL