PDA

View Full Version : Rick Santorum is a gutless coward, and here is why

AndrewD
05-18-2011, 07:59 AM
The frothy mixture of "you know what" had an interesting choice of words this week. He called out John McCain for not understanding how enhanced interrogation techniques (torture) works. So listen Santorum you gutless coward, the man spent almost 6 years in a North Vietcong prison camp, while you were sitting in grade school learning your ABC's. He saw people tortured to death in front of his very eyes. Not to mention the fact he was also a Navy pilot that underwent the same SERE training as the honorable Jesse Ventura.

Agree with McCain's policies or not, I don't care. But I better not ever see anyone calling him out like that again. He's got more balls than anyone else on Capitol Hill and should be respected for that. I expect an official apology from Santorum in the near future.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_bin_laden_torture_republicans

klamath
05-18-2011, 08:07 AM
That was about the stupidest statement made by a presidential candidate in a long time.

Bruno
05-18-2011, 08:10 AM
McCain has more balls than anyone on Capitol Hill? Another name comes to mind far ahead of McCain.

That doesn't take away form Santorum's comment being ridiculous and uninformed.

specsaregood
05-18-2011, 08:12 AM
McCain has more balls than anyone on Capitol Hill? Another name comes to mind far ahead of McCain.

That doesn't take away form Santorum's comment being ridiculous and uninformed.

My thoughts exactly.

AndrewD
05-18-2011, 08:15 AM

Huh? I'm not talking as a politician. I mean if your referring to the good Dr. then yes of course he's got a pair. Stood up for what he believes in steadfast for 3 decades. Has my respect. I'm referring to John McCain's courage as a human being. The vast majority of us would have cracked under less than half the abuse he faced in that prison camp. Again, under this light don't think of McCain as a politician, as he is a warmonger. But he is NOT a chickenhawk. At least he strapped it on for his country and i'll always respect him for that.

specsaregood
05-18-2011, 08:25 AM
I'd just like to interrupt this thread and tell those who are about to post some stories, claims or "theories" about Mccain's vietnam days, PLEASE DON'T. We don't need em, we've heard em all a bunch of times. This isn't the time of year or forum (hot topics) for those.

carry-on.

erowe1
05-18-2011, 08:52 AM
He's got more balls than anyone else on Capitol Hill and should be respected for that.

No he shouldn't.

John of Des Moines
05-18-2011, 09:05 AM
Not that I like McCain but I'll give him this one. It's immoral to speak out in favor of torture if you've never exposed to it (whether to your body or watching/hearing it. Now if Santorum has been tortured (other than by his wife's cooking) I'll give the argument to him.

t0rnado
05-18-2011, 09:26 AM
That article Juan McKein wrote in the Washington Post about torture was in agreement with everything Ron Paul believes about torture.

LisaNY
05-18-2011, 10:14 AM
Santorum should be added to the "Chickenhawk Hall of Shame" for those comments.

AndrewD
05-18-2011, 12:55 PM
No he shouldn't.

Coward.

Cleaner44
05-18-2011, 01:39 PM
Huh? I'm not talking as a politician. I mean if your referring to the good Dr. then yes of course he's got a pair. Stood up for what he believes in steadfast for 3 decades. Has my respect. I'm referring to John McCain's courage as a human being. The vast majority of us would have cracked under less than half the abuse he faced in that prison camp. Again, under this light don't think of McCain as a politician, as he is a warmonger. But he is NOT a chickenhawk. At least he strapped it on for his country and i'll always respect him for that.

Santorum is a long shot fringe candidate and an idiot.

McCain is a veteran and an idiot. It does not take balls to get shot down and captured. It is unfortunate that he was a POW and was tortured horribly... but that does not make him a a hero, a bad ass or any other big balled tough guy. He served his county, as did I, and got a raw deal. He cheated on wife and became a neocon and for that I will never respect him.

Billay
05-18-2011, 02:16 PM
Santorum is a long shot fringe candidate and an idiot.

McCain is a veteran and an idiot. It does not take balls to get shot down and captured. It is unfortunate that he was a POW and was tortured horribly... but that does not make him a a hero, a bad ass or any other big balled tough guy. He served his county, as did I, and got a raw deal. He cheated on wife and became a neocon and for that I will never respect him.

You do realize he was tortured for not telling the Vietnamese anything right? He probably saved some of his brothers by doing so.

AndrewD
05-18-2011, 02:28 PM
It does not take balls to get shot down and captured. It is unfortunate that he was a POW and was tortured horribly... but that does not make him a a hero, a bad ass or any other big balled tough guy.

You and erowe1 are some real internet tough guys, aren't you? Sitting comfortably at your computer talking the big talk about how getting tortured for years and following the POW Code of Conduct to the T, is no big deal. The both of you just lost all credibility, because you allow your slimy little political views to to taint the honor of a true hero. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

If you were caught in a dark alley getting raped and robbed, it's people like John McCain that would give the skin off his own back to save your life. And he has proved it. What have you proved?

And don't lecture me son. I understand what it's like to serve, and I also understand that every last Private serving his country is a damn hero. I don't care if you flip burgers, hand out basketballs, or grunt it out with the infantry, they are all heros. But for those like McCain that strapped it on and endured more horrible conditions than either of you spoiled brats could even imagine...he has earned my respect.

I'm seeing more and more of this disrespect towards real men that strap it on for their country, because you chickenhawks don't believe in the war. I don't care what you believe, you support our servicemen and give them the credit and honor they deserve. It is a small minority but you know who you are. The disrespect stops here, I for one won't tolerate it and i'll call your ass out every single time.

specsaregood
05-18-2011, 02:36 PM
You and erowe1 are some real internet tough guys, aren't you?

LMAO.

I'm seeing more and more of this disrespect towards real men that strap it on for their country, because you chickenhawks don't believe in the war.
Not only do I think cleaner44 served since he said, "He served his county, as did I, "; but I think the term "chickenhawk" is reserved for people pushing for war when they haven't served. Not people against the war.

Cleaner44
05-18-2011, 03:45 PM
You and erowe1 are some real internet tough guys, aren't you? Sitting comfortably at your computer talking the big talk about how getting tortured for years and following the POW Code of Conduct to the T, is no big deal. The both of you just lost all credibility, because you allow your slimy little political views to to taint the honor of a true hero. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

If you were caught in a dark alley getting raped and robbed, it's people like John McCain that would give the skin off his own back to save your life. And he has proved it. What have you proved?

And don't lecture me son. I understand what it's like to serve, and I also understand that every last Private serving his country is a damn hero. I don't care if you flip burgers, hand out basketballs, or grunt it out with the infantry, they are all heros. But for those like McCain that strapped it on and endured more horrible conditions than either of you spoiled brats could even imagine...he has earned my respect.

I'm seeing more and more of this disrespect towards real men that strap it on for their country, because you chickenhawks don't believe in the war. I don't care what you believe, you support our servicemen and give them the credit and honor they deserve. It is a small minority but you know who you are. The disrespect stops here, I for one won't tolerate it and i'll call your ass out every single time.

I am not acting like a tough guy at all. You do seem to be though. It doesn't matter to me, act like a tough guy, whatever.

I simply stated that I have no respect for the neocon McCain just because he is a veteran. I served with many people I respected and some I did not. I respect integrity.

I never said getting tortured is no big deal or easy, as I said, McCain got a raw deal and that sucks.

You are kind of bizarre to me, calling me "son" and nonsense like that... is that supposed to be imtimidating? Do you want to get violent?

I guess I should say something like "I strapped it on for my country so show me some respect boy!" but I am not an ass like you.

You can call me a spoiled brat if want, it does not matter to me, you know nothing about me or what I have done for this country.

I was a serviceman, I am a veteran and you can suck it!

Cleaner44
05-18-2011, 04:11 PM

Don't forget that Ron Paul also served in the military... or do you even know that Mr. Johnnytrollately?