PDA

View Full Version : A plethora of websites and forums: Good or bad for the message?

Matthew Zak
05-17-2011, 11:13 PM
Do we want to funnel the message through a few, select channels, or do we want to disperse it to as many places as possible? For instance: Would it be a good or bad thing to create another website delivering the same message and allowing the same discussions as the Ron Paul Forums?

I want to create a website that has a forum, has a blog, has categorized links to relevant information, etc. Pretty much all of this already exists.

kah13176
05-17-2011, 11:16 PM
Perhaps it might be a good idea to create websites for specific groups. I.e., "Democrats for Ron Paul", "Christians for Ron Paul", "Veterans for Ron Paul". Target specific demographics.

low preference guy
05-17-2011, 11:20 PM
the more the merrier. people with some beliefs and characteristics would go to the site that's best for them, and they would in turn recommend to their friends the site that is best for selling them the message.

for example, truther and conspiracy discussion is more active at the Daily Paul community, so if that's the main issue for somebody, you could advise them to go there.

Kludge
05-17-2011, 11:30 PM
Perhaps it might be a good idea to create websites for specific groups. I.e., "Democrats for Ron Paul", "Christians for Ron Paul", "Veterans for Ron Paul". Target specific demographics.
This. There are a lot of websites with almost the exact same information which just cannibalize off each other. I don't think traffic will be taken away from mature sites like RPFs, DP, or TopRPSites because they're top-ranking Google sites and have an established user base. The needs of that use base has already been met, and if you try to offer them the same service, you'll need to have a drastically superior site design and user base or else I suspect you'll fail.

There are also, however, plenty of excellent resources with DIFFERENT information about the same topic which has a completely different overall "flavor" to it like kah pointed out. These are very useful in provided specific information to specific people in a manner something "general" like RPFs or DP could not. They would be more apt at bringing more of that same target audience (veterans, Christians, Muslims, w/e) in.

Matthew Zak
05-17-2011, 11:41 PM
If you could streamline the most important issues/people/the message its self, how would you construct a bulletin board?

Matthew Zak
05-18-2011, 12:58 AM
I think the domain "rejecttyranny.com" is available, and I want to buy it... but if someone here gets it first that's not a big deal. I'm brainstorming for themes. I think the notion of rejecting tyranny is a strong one. It advocates awareness. I think that's the theme I want.

Matthew Zak
05-18-2011, 01:19 AM
libertycontinues.com <-- I like this one better

Qdog
05-18-2011, 01:28 AM
the more the merrier. people with some beliefs and characteristics would go to the site that's best for them, and they would in turn recommend to their friends the site that is best for selling them the message.

for example, truther and conspiracy discussion is more active at the Daily Paul community, so if that's the main issue for somebody, you could advise them to go there.

I agree. The more variety the better. Even though RPF is my favourite, sometimes its refreshing to go to DailyPaul for a while! :)