PDA

View Full Version : Mark Levin praises Ron Paul for CRA position

low preference guy
05-17-2011, 11:02 PM
Go to 57:02

Link (http://podloc.andomedia.com/dloadTrack.mp3?prm=2069xhttp://podfuse-dl.andomedia.com/800185/podfuse-origin.andomedia.com/citadel_origin/pods/marklevin/Levin05172011.mp3)

I never thought I would hear Levin say a positive thing about Ron. This doesn't mean Levin is an ally, but he is more fair than I thought.

dbill27
05-17-2011, 11:04 PM
Canada revenue agency?

low preference guy
05-17-2011, 11:04 PM
Canada revenue agency?

Civil Rights Act

kah13176
05-17-2011, 11:06 PM
Civil Rights Act

Not the entire Civil Rights Act of course. Just those parts that infringe upon property rights of private businesses.

low preference guy
05-17-2011, 11:07 PM
Not the entire Civil Rights Act of course. Just those parts that infringe upon property rights of private businesses.

yeah, i didn't feel like writing section II of the CRA

dbill27
05-17-2011, 11:09 PM
Levin does a weak job of adding to Paul's argument. Feeble

kah13176
05-17-2011, 11:10 PM
yeah, i didn't feel like writing section II of the CRA

It's cool - just good to distinguish since there's people new to Ron Paul browsing :D

realtonygoodwin
05-17-2011, 11:10 PM
I can't believe he would ever support RuPaul...he is almost as bad as Hugh Hewitt.

ronpaulitician
05-17-2011, 11:18 PM
Legalizing freedom, one (weak?) mind at a time.

anaconda
05-17-2011, 11:21 PM
Mark Levin can go screw himself. I don't care how much he tries to suck up to RP at this point.

amonasro
05-17-2011, 11:31 PM
I heard the segment. I was pleasantly surprised that Levin was actually respectful. The praise, however, was preceded by a childish tirade against "MSLSD" and the fact that all their lead anchors are white and how Chris Matthews is an alcoholic.

low preference guy
05-17-2011, 11:34 PM
I heard the segment. I was pleasantly surprised that Levin was actually respectful. The praise, however, was preceded by a childish tirade against "MSLSD" and the fact that all their lead anchors are white and how Chris Matthews is an alcoholic.

If you listened often, you'd know "childish tirades" are the essence of Levin's show.

freshjiva
05-17-2011, 11:37 PM
Mark Levin is far worse than Hannity.
He's an opportunist to the highest degree, and uses his Constitutional Law degree and his experience as an attorney to position himself as an authority.

To his credit, however, he doesn't fancy establishment candidates. He always trashed Trump, wasn't always a big fan of Huckabee, and now is trashing Gingrich. So at least Ron Paul isn't the only one on his hit list.

Anti Federalist
05-17-2011, 11:39 PM
If you listened often, you'd know "childish tirades" are the essence of Levin's show.

I tried scrolling to the 57 minute mark, but it was, was him with callers talking about Ah-nold and his sick dog, Pepsi.

Is that all three hours of the show at that link and I was listening to the last one?

low preference guy
05-17-2011, 11:40 PM
I tried scrolling to the 57 minute mark, but it was, was him with callers talking about Ah-nold and his sick dog, Pepsi.

Is that all three hours of the show at that link and I was listening to the last one?

Are you sure it wasn't 57 minutes left?

Go to winamp. Press ctrl+L. Paste the URL. Scroll to 57. If it doesn't work, it means there are 57 minutes left. Click in 57 to change that and go to 57 again.

It was very weak praise by the way. All the awesomeness was from replaying Ron Paul's argument.

Anti Federalist
05-17-2011, 11:48 PM
Are you sure it wasn't 57 minutes left?

Go to winamp. Press ctrl+L. Paste the URL. Scroll to 57. If it doesn't work, it means there are 57 minutes left. Click in 57 to change that and go to 57 again.

It was very weak praise by the way. All the awesomeness was from replaying Ron Paul's argument.

Got it,thanks.

I needed to hear that with my own ears, because tomorrow the sun is not going to come up. LoL

civusamericanus
05-17-2011, 11:58 PM
It's these little slivers of truth, which will gain the support of the traditional GOPers. We can't win them over with hate, otherwise we become what we are fighting against.

Mark Levin agreeing with Ron Paul, was very positive for the liberty movement and we should take our victories where we can get them!

The Moravian
05-18-2011, 12:07 AM
I think putting attention on the CRA is a way to distract and misrepresent Ron Paul. Just like Maddow did to Rand, Chris Mathews is trying to paint Ron Paul as an accomplice to segregation and racial discrimination. Just like what was done to Goldwater in the 1964 campaign. Any more attention to a subject that is 47 years ago, that Ron Paul doesn't bring up at all, can only hurt us. It's the only way to discredit the cause of liberty, and it's getting pretty old.

Don't bite the bait. Levin is doing us no favors by repeating this story, at best there's no net gain from him agreeing with something that Paul isn't bringing up himself. So long as Levin opposes the most important things that President Paul will do, for him to draw attention to this historical CRA question will give the wrong impression of RP to his listeners, especially if it is the only good thing he can say about him.

low preference guy
05-18-2011, 12:08 AM
I think putting attention on the CRA is a way to distract and misrepresent Ron Paul. Just like Maddow did to Rand, Chris Mathews is trying to paint Ron Paul as an accomplice to segregation and racial discrimination. Just like what was done to Goldwater in the 1964 campaign. Any more attention to a subject that is 47 years ago, that Ron Paul doesn't bring up at all, can only hurt us. It's the only way to discredit the cause of liberty, and it's getting pretty old.

Don't bite the bait, don't feed the trolls.

Levin was talking to a conservative audience who largely agree with these views. He had an opportunity to present this view to even more conservatives, and it's a good thing Levin took it.

Qdog
05-18-2011, 12:16 AM
I always thought it was weird that Levin is always talking about the constitution etc, but that he bashes Ron Paul. It never made any sense to me. Maybe Levin has pulled his head out of his rear and we can expect more positive coverage from him in the future?

low preference guy
05-18-2011, 12:17 AM
I always thought it was weird that Levin is always talking about the constitution etc, but that he bashes Ron Paul. It never made any sense to me. Maybe Levin has pulled his head out of his rear and we can expect more positive coverage from him in the future?

He is a neocon and knows that the Constitution doesn't allow for his foreign policy, so he lies about it all the time. On other issues, he is OK.

Batman
05-18-2011, 12:18 AM
Ron Paul only has issues with the infringement of private property in the CRA. Mark Levin has issues with the entire Act.

Sola_Fide
05-18-2011, 12:19 AM

Thats what we thought when Rand was running too, but afterward he went back into hack mode.

low preference guy
05-18-2011, 12:19 AM
Ron Paul only has issues with the infringement of private property in the CRA. Mark Levin has issues with the entire Act.

Nah, he said it's ok to repeal Jim Crow laws, which is a part of the CRA.