PDA

View Full Version : Michele Bachmann Bachmann Steps Up to Fill 2012 GOP Void

bobbyw24
05-17-2011, 06:31 PM
VERY BAD NEWS FOR US!

Tea party favorite Rep. Michele Bachmann, R-Minn., is very close to tossing her hat in the ring for the 2012 GOP presidential nomination and may announce her candidacy in May rather than June as initially expected.

Bachmann also revealed Tuesday that she has spoken with former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee since his decision not to run, but would not disclose what they discussed.

The recent announcements by former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee and business mogul Donald Trump that they would not run appear to have created a political void that a social and fiscal conservative such as Bachmann possibly could fill.

http://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/bachmann-gingrich-huckabee-2012/2011/05/17/id/396753

sailingaway
05-17-2011, 06:41 PM
Funny, I hadn't noticed a void.

bobbyw24
05-17-2011, 06:43 PM
Funny, I hadn't noticed a void.

The necons at Newsmax had

Lucille
05-17-2011, 06:49 PM
I bet she just wants her own teevee show too.

Chester Copperpot
05-17-2011, 06:50 PM
didnt she say she would never compete with the good doctor for primary votes?

The Dark Knight
05-17-2011, 07:01 PM
I honestly think she will be the biggest threat for the Iowa straw poll and Caucus. She will get social Cons and tea parties behind her. Its going to be Paul vs Bachman for Iowa

trey4sports
05-17-2011, 07:03 PM
she will be a thorn in our side, no doubt.

Chowder
05-17-2011, 07:10 PM
Awwww shit!

low preference guy
05-17-2011, 07:13 PM
i'm still skeptical she'll announce

Simon
05-17-2011, 07:16 PM
Her support of the Patriot Act should put a serious hurt on her. If nothing else, it will make a great issue to use against her.

The Dark Knight
05-17-2011, 07:26 PM
Her support of the Patriot Act should put a serious hurt on her. If nothing else, it will make a great issue to use against her.
social cons usually don't care about the patriot act. if she gets her name ID up, she will win Iowa pretty easily. Our only hope is that she makes gaffe's and the media will go after her like they did Palin

Sola_Fide
05-17-2011, 07:38 PM

We are in the minority bro.

Michael Landon
05-17-2011, 07:46 PM
I think it'll be good for her to run and here's why...

1) the Social Conservatives that she'll draw won't vote for Ron Paul anyway so there is no big loss there, actually she'll probably draw a lot of votes away from the mainstream, FOX News promoted GOP neo-cons. She'll especially pull votes from Pawlenty.

2) the media will tear her apart. As a Minnesotan I've seen first hand how bad she is attacked by the newspapers and television news organizations in Minnesota, that'll carry over to the mainstream news organizations also, with the exception being FOX.

3) the tea party is already splitting its votes amongst many candidates. The only tea partiers that are truly principled are the Ron Paul supporters and they aren't going to jump ship to Bachmann, besides there is a big contingency of tea parties that consider themselves socially liberal and fiscally conservative and they also aren't going to back Bachmann.

She doesn't scare me, I've seen how she is treated by the mainstream liberal leaning media and I know for a fact that she'll draw all the hatred away from Ron Paul. If nothing else, I could see the media attacking her for "claiming" she is the leading voice of the tea party and then reporting that it was Ron Paul that truly leads the tea party movement. This could end up being good for Ron.

- ML

Feeding the Abscess
05-17-2011, 07:55 PM
I think it'll be good for her to run and here's why...

1) the Social Conservatives that she'll draw won't vote for Ron Paul anyway so there is no big loss there, actually she'll probably draw a lot of votes away from the mainstream, FOX News promoted GOP neo-cons. She'll especially pull votes from Pawlenty.

2) the media will tear her apart. As a Minnesotan I've seen first hand how bad she is attacked by the newspapers and television news organizations in Minnesota, that'll carry over to the mainstream news organizations also, with the exception be FOX.

3) the tea party is already splitting it vote amongst many candidates. The only tea partiers that are truly principled are the Ron Paul supporters and they aren't going to jump ship to Bachmann, besides there is a big contingency of tea parties that consider themselves socially liberal and fiscally conservative and they also aren't going to back Bachmann.

She doesn't scare me, I've seen how she is treated by the mainstream liberal leaning media and I know for a fact that she'll draw all the hatred away from Ron Paul. If nothing else, I could see the media attacking her for "claiming" she is the leading voice of the tea party and then reporting that it was Ron Paul that truly leads the tea party movement. This could end up being good for Ron.

- ML

Couldn't have said it better.

anaconda
05-17-2011, 08:04 PM
she will be a thorn in our side, no doubt.

She will help pull the pro-Fed/neocon/Pawlenty/Santorum/Gingrich faction of the debate stage over closer to the spending/Federal Reserve issues and tend to give Ron Paul more credibility. I see this as a plus. since she is considered a Tea Party candidate she will, by default, help Ron Paul. She will be trying to distinguish herself on issues that she differs with on the above mentioned cast of characters. These are likely to be all issues that shine favorably on Dr. Paul. Even though she will be promoting herself as a candidate, some of that will essentially be free advertizing for Dr. Paul, and collectively make his views seem more main stream.

Sola_Fide
05-17-2011, 08:06 PM
She will help pull the neocon Pawlenty - Santorum - Gingrich faction of the debate stage over closer to the spending/Federal Reserve issues and tend to give Ron Paul more credibility. I see this as a plus.

Are you sure she is anti-fed?

Napoleon's Shadow
05-17-2011, 08:21 PM
Most likely Republican voters don't care about that issue and actually probably think better of her for doing so. :(

cornell
05-17-2011, 08:52 PM
Coming from an ex-neocon myself, her support of the Patriot Act is a plus if anything. I used to think it was a wonderful law myself until I saw the light...

I would think most Republican primary voters would feel the same way I used to.

ForLibertyFight
05-17-2011, 09:20 PM
I hope she stays out...

realtonygoodwin
05-17-2011, 10:14 PM
Check the recent polling...she is nipping at Ron's heels and could take a lot of potential voters from him. We need to make this a two person race between Mitt and Ron.

Wren
05-17-2011, 10:17 PM
Nah. I think the majority that would vote for bachmann wouldn't have voted for RP anyway. With Sarah Palin most likely not running, the freepers and hotair neoclowns now have bachmann to support. or it might herman cain, who knows?

anaconda
05-18-2011, 12:30 AM
Are you sure she is anti-fed?

She cosponsored HR 1207 on the first day of it's existence. And has cosponsored the new audit the Fed bill introduced by RP, HR 459.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQ5CPaTWQuA&feature=player_embedded

Qdog
05-18-2011, 12:40 AM
Please do NOT run Michelle... just endorse Ron Paul!

realtonygoodwin
05-18-2011, 12:43 AM
If she runs, then Paul beats her in Ames, then she drops out and endorses him...that may help.

anaconda
05-18-2011, 12:52 AM
This is the kind of thing that made me think Michele Bachmann had great potential. And why I was saddened to have to pull my support for her after she voted to extend the patriot act.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gC1i8j9CZuU&feature=relmfu

rockandrollsouls
05-18-2011, 12:52 AM
Not too sure what to think of this...