PDA

View Full Version : Gary Johnson Willie Nelson And The Teapot Party Endorse Presidential Candidate Gary Johnson

JacobG18
05-17-2011, 02:46 PM
May 17, 2011, Santa Fe, NM – Republican presidential candidate Gary Johnson today announced that he has received the official endorsement of legendary entertainer Willie Nelson and the National Teapot Party, which Nelson co-founded. The endorsement comes following a meeting between Johnson and Nelson last week, and marks the first presidential endorsement for the Teapot Party.

Upon hearing the news of the endorsement, Governor Johnson said, “I am truly gratified to have the endorsement of such a legendary entertainer and champion for individual rights as Willie Nelson.” Johnson continued, “Not only is Willie a superstar talent but, he is a strong advocate for social change, as seen through his tireless work on behalf of family owned farms and hard working Americans. People across this country are demanding the freedom and opportunity to pursue their dreams without interference from a heavy-handed government, and Willie and I stand together to lend our voices to those demands.”

Recently, Governor Johnson appeared in the first Republican Presidential debate on FOX News. Throughout the debate, Governor Johnson reinforced his reputation and credentials as the most fiscally conservative governor in modern times, including his unmatched record of vetoing 750 bills. Governor Johnson was the only candidate to discuss sensible drug policy, advocating a cost-benefit analysis of the War on Drugs. As part of his drug policy platform, Johnson reiterated his unequivocal support of marijuana legalization, stating, “I advocate legalizing marijuana – control it, regulate it, tax it.”

http://www.garyjohnson2012.com/willie-nelson-and-the-teapot-party-endorse-presidential-candidate-gary-johnson

that'll bring alot of votes his way:rolleyes:

wizardwatson
05-17-2011, 03:02 PM
Great. Another potential endorser endorses a probable loser.

johnrocks
05-17-2011, 03:07 PM
That's the type recognizable endorsements we need, Chuck Norris helped put Huckabee on the map.

Hey! Since Huckabee isn't running, I wish he'd endorse Dr. Paul, millions admire Chuck Norris.

sailingaway
05-17-2011, 03:15 PM
This is the first time I've been grateful GJohnson was in the race.

JWZguy
05-17-2011, 03:19 PM
Gary Johnson might be a good VP, if he has enough support. He has his head on straight from everything I have seen.

trey4sports
05-17-2011, 03:21 PM
good for him. hes a good guy

Liberty_Mike
05-17-2011, 03:28 PM
That's the type recognizable endorsements we need, Chuck Norris helped put Huckabee on the map.

Hey! Since Huckabee isn't running, I wish he'd endorse Dr. Paul, millions admire Chuck Norris.

Yeah, that would be epic if Norris endorsed Paul! I know he likes Paul,and it seems like there will be even more potential now that Huck isn't running.

freedom-maniac
05-17-2011, 03:29 PM
I wish that article would define "sensible drug policy". I think Dr. Paul also made a pretty compelling case during the debate.

t0rnado
05-17-2011, 03:36 PM
Tea Pot Party Supporter 1: "Hey man, we should probably register Republican so we can vote for Gary, bro.."
Tea Pot Party Supporter 2: "Nah man, just take a hit. We'll do it later"
Tea Pot Party Supporter 2: "Yo bro, the primary is today. Let's go vote."
Tea Pot Party Supporter 1: *Takes hit* "YEAHHHHHHH MANNNNNN. LEGALIZE DAT SHIT"

BuddyRey
05-17-2011, 04:58 PM
I wish that article would define "sensible drug policy". I think Dr. Paul also made a pretty compelling case during the debate.

+1, especially since Gary Johnson wants to "tax" and "regulate" marijuana. Just what we need; the revenue from a relatively harmless vice going to those who will use it to bomb even more brown people.

aspiringconstitutionalist
05-17-2011, 07:38 PM
+1, especially since Gary Johnson wants to "tax" and "regulate" marijuana. Just what we need; the revenue from a relatively harmless vice going to those who will use it to bomb even more brown people.

Meh. I'm sure if a President Johnson had the chance to legalize marijuana and leave it completely taxless, he'd elatedly do so. But the whole "tax and regulate it" thing is just a way to try to make the general populace more comfortable with the idea. Get it legal, like any other taxed and regulated product, and then you can start making the case for deregulating and lowering taxes on it.

Sola_Fide
05-17-2011, 07:39 PM
Good for Gary.

Nathan Hale
05-17-2011, 07:52 PM
DELETE - didn't see 1st post on 2nd page before I wrote this

JCLibertarian
05-17-2011, 10:08 PM
Great, let Gary Johnson run as the pothead candidate, if anything, it reduces his credibility and pulls voters towards Ron Paul who were split between RP and GJ. ron Paul doesn't need left-wing hippies endorsing him in a REPUBLICAN primary. I would much rather Ron Paul get DeMint and Palin's endorsement. We need the conservative base to win the primary, and you won't win that by characterizing yourself as the pot-guy.

In my opinion, Ron Paul sounds much more principled than GJ on the drug issue. Ron Paul addresses drug use as an addiction issue and an in individual freedoms issue, as oppose to GJ who says pot is better than alcohol and should be legalized on that basis.

realtonygoodwin
05-17-2011, 10:15 PM
Has anyone Willie Nelson endorsed ever won their race?

Salvial
05-17-2011, 10:16 PM
Tea Pot Party Supporter 1: "Hey man, we should probably register Republican so we can vote for Gary, bro.."
Tea Pot Party Supporter 2: "Nah man, just take a hit. We'll do it later"
Tea Pot Party Supporter 2: "Yo bro, the primary is today. Let's go vote."
Tea Pot Party Supporter 1: *Takes hit* "YEAHHHHHHH MANNNNNN. LEGALIZE DAT SHIT"

Man, piss off with your prejudice. Stoners are on this board with you.

I think this is a significant problem. Gary Johnson needs to stop splitting our support.

This just happened in Canada and as a result the "more" authoritarian Conservatives got a majority gov with 40% of the vote.

rockandrollsouls
05-18-2011, 12:58 AM
Yup, smart move on his part.

Meh. I'm sure if a President Johnson had the chance to legalize marijuana and leave it completely taxless, he'd elatedly do so. But the whole "tax and regulate it" thing is just a way to try to make the general populace more comfortable with the idea. Get it legal, like any other taxed and regulated product, and then you can start making the case for deregulating and lowering taxes on it.

Qdog
05-18-2011, 01:08 AM

Legalizing and then taxing and regulating marijuana would be a good thing. "bombing brown people" is a bad thing. Legalizing and taxing marijuana has nothing to do with the failed policy of militarism and nation building. They are independent. I believe in the rights of individuals...not of groups. So the fact that people are "brown" has no bearing on the morality of bombing them.

With as bad as the fiscal situation is in the US right now we certainly do not need to be wasting money in these wars... but every dollar of revenue that can be generated by ending the war on drugs, emptying out our prisons, and yes, by taxing MJ like ciagarrettes, is a dollar in revune closer to ending the Income tax and the IRS.

RonPaulFanInGA
05-18-2011, 01:13 AM
Wait, Gary Johnson is actually trumpeting this on his official website? That's just sad.

ronpaulitician
05-18-2011, 01:16 AM
I'm sure that most of those dismissing this endorsement would've been thrilled if Willie had endorsed Paul. Good for Gary.

Bman
05-18-2011, 01:23 AM
Congratulations Gary.

My dream is that one day all candidates on the stage sound like Ron and Gary. I'm happy to see either one get support from someone like Willie Nelson.

Valli6
05-18-2011, 08:52 AM
This is good. It will get another segment of the population to tune into the next republican debate, where they'll become exposed to Ron Paul's message as well as Johnson's - and the libertarian message in general. And Ron Paul won't be the one targeted with all the stupid jokes about drawing support from a "notorious" potsmoker.

t0rnado
05-18-2011, 09:22 AM
Man, piss off with your prejudice. Stoners are on this board with you.

I think this is a significant problem. Gary Johnson needs to stop splitting our support.

This just happened in Canada and as a result the "more" authoritarian Conservatives got a majority gov with 40% of the vote.

I'm not insulting stoners, retard. I'm insulting Tea Pot Partiers.

Razmear
05-18-2011, 04:48 PM
I'm not insulting stoners, retard. I'm insulting Tea Pot Partiers.

Hmmm, I support the Tea Pot Party.
http://www.facebook.com/TeapotParty

Razmear
05-18-2011, 04:54 PM
http://teapotpartyblog.com/?p=77

Willie has 'qualified' his endorsement. Will endorse Johnson if Kucinich does not run, will vote for Dennis if he runs.

Yesterday, both the Teapot Party and Gary Johnson 2012 sent out press releases announcing the endorsement. The media immediately jumped on it, with Politico and Fox leading the coverage. We were on a roll.

But not so fast. I sent the press release and coverage links to Nelson. His response took me by surprise: “My position is it too early for me to endorse anyone. And I think every one should vote their own conscience.”

I wrote back reminding him that he had approved the endorsement.

“I know I said that,” Nelson replied. “But I think I will wait and see where he stands on other things. My bad. Sorry. I still think he is a good guy but so Is Dennis and if he decided to run I would personally vote for him. If it came down to either him or Gary I’m already commited to Dennis. They both have said they support legal pot.”

Willie was referring to Ohio Rep. Dennis Kucinich, who he supported in 2008 for the Democratic nomination. I defended our choice of Johnson and reminded him that we are only endorsing him for the Republican nomination.