PDA

View Full Version : Mitt Romney How to beat Mitt Romney

Original_Intent
05-17-2011, 07:09 AM
I think Mitt is definitely the big threat right now. But aside from his flip flopping on issues, much of what Mitt claims as strengths are really weaknesses that the media and even his opponents have given him a pass on.

One of the things that he is centered on is that he is a "successful businessman" that knows how to create jobs. And that really hasn't been scrutinized very much.

We need to emphasize to people that Bain Capital was much more about Wall Street than Main Street. I did a recent photoshop with Romney's picture saying "Gordon Gekko for President 2012".

We need to emphasize that Ron's intimate understanding of economics trumps Mitt's Wall Street background hands down regarding understanding what it takes to create jobs. I haven't researched it, but did Bain Capital create jobs or destroy them? Mitt supported TARP, more evidence that he cares more about the money interests than the average taxpayer.

In short, I think we need to not so much smear Mitt Romney as reveal him for the Wall Street corporatist that he is. With the problems going on in the country, the more this is emphasized, I think Mitt's candidacy will implode.

We shouldn;t let up on the doubletalking, but the fact is, many people expect that of politicians, it is not nearly the negative that it should be. But when people understand that Mitt has contributed to the financial pain they are suffering - it could get ugly for Mitt.

freedom-maniac
05-17-2011, 08:31 AM
I think we need a sticky page or somesort of Google document or wiki or something that could just list a series of bullet points about each opponent for us to remember. We encounter someone that likes Mitt, we just bring up X, Y, and Z. We don't even have to be confrontational about it. "On you believe in A? Well, did you know Mitt Romney supported B?" until their faith in him wanes. We don't even have to convert them to Ron Paul, just make them lose the will to give time, money, and votes to the Mitt Machine.

reduen
05-17-2011, 08:41 AM
I say just shut up and let him talk. lol He will hang himeself soon enough...

hillbilly123069
05-17-2011, 09:04 AM
We saw just what they will do to help the candidates of favor last election. We deserve our fates if we let them do it again.We have time. I need campaign materials. I have the time but not the financial resources to campaign for Dr Paul. I watched Hannity last night. Some fat bald guy.(I can say that. I'm fat and balding.) Stated Romney was in the lead, blah blah blah. No mention of Ron Paul and I have watched the polls. Fool me twice, SHAME ON ME!
If someone can supply campaign materials, I will make him a household name in central Il. Feel free to contact me with supply sources. Already contacted his office. The secretary thanked me for my interest and took my #.

NickOdell
05-17-2011, 04:34 PM
I think we need a sticky page or somesort of Google document or wiki or something that could just list a series of bullet points about each opponent for us to remember. We encounter someone that likes Mitt, we just bring up X, Y, and Z. We don't even have to be confrontational about it. "On you believe in A? Well, did you know Mitt Romney supported B?" until their faith in him wanes. We don't even have to convert them to Ron Paul, just make them lose the will to give time, money, and votes to the Mitt Machine.

Couldn't agree more!