PDA

View Full Version : Made a video showing recent media attacks on Ron Paul

HarrySeaward
05-17-2011, 04:09 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24Qbw2k7304

Edit: Yeah after reading your comments I feel a bit embarrassed.:o I made an oops! I wasn't thinking of the people that aren't familiar with Ron Paul when I made this. I just wanted to show how the media is using the same buzz words over and over again with regard to RP. I guess because I already knew his stance on each of those issues it completely slipped my mind that the average person would not know.

Anyway I changed the video to unlisted which means unless someone has the exact link they will not be able to see it. It won't show up on my user page or search results etc. I'm hoping my sin will be forgiven.

Harry96
05-17-2011, 06:22 AM
Great job.

In my view, it's perfectly legitimate for reporters to ask politicians these kinds of questions; my problem with it, and the only reason these types of comments and questions constitute "attacks," is because they never subject pro-government politicians to the same treatment. Taking the drug issue as an example, if these same reporters put pro-drug war politicians on the defensive by confronting them about the black markets they've created, asking where they get the right to tell others what they can manufacture or buy or sell or put in their own bodies, etc., and then they asked Ron the opposite questions, always taking the adversarial view to put the politician on the spot and make him defend himself, I'd have no problem with it.

RyanMoran
05-17-2011, 06:41 AM
I undertand the motive here, but this is a very bad idea, and this video needs to be pulled immediately.

From a marketing / psychological standpoint, this just reinforces the negativity surrounding Paul. What it's actually doing is showing MANY different people confirming skepticism about Ron Paul. This serves as a form of psychological "social proof" that subconsciously tells the viewer that he actually stands for letting flood victims drown, etc.

If there is going to be an approach to show media bias, it should be from 2008, with the end of the video showing the change in 2011, and how they are taking him seriously now.

Psychologically, playing the victim / hated card does not work, because it reinforces the idea that Ron is a fringe candidate.

Joseph
05-17-2011, 06:59 AM
This looked like a major attack ad on Ron Paul, this video sure won't win Ron votes. The video should have included Ron Paul's state's rights position. Just showing all the media attacks is not going to help Ron Paul. Take this video down now, or add to it, showing how Ron Paul believes that Constitutionally these belong to the states and effectually the states would be better equipped to handle these problems. We need to show people that states won't legalize heroin and if they did, it would be the people's fault for electing someone at the state level who legalized it. The point of the constitution and Ron Paul's position is that the federal government can't be the dictator over the states. State's and the citizens of the states need to be responsible for the legislation passed in the states. We need to show how FEMA made things worse for Katrina victims and got in the way of the Salvation Army who did a much better job with Katrina then the government did. This looks like a very convincing attack ad and should be removed from the web immediately.

itsnobody
05-17-2011, 07:01 AM
Maybe you or someone should make a response video countering and responding to all the attacks

UtahApocalypse
05-17-2011, 07:03 AM
I rather see a video that show the polling facts, then the media reporting on "top contenders" if you contrast the facts with what the media is saying it will break down perceptions.

AdamT
05-17-2011, 07:09 AM
This seems like a video our competition would make. Unless you are pointing out the bias with commentary or showing his actual position as a counter, this is not going to do anyone any good.

tangent4ronpaul
05-17-2011, 07:27 AM
Agree - it comes off as an attack video. It doesn't even have his response to those attacks.

HarrySeaward
05-17-2011, 08:02 AM
Agree - it comes off as an attack video. It doesn't even have his response to those attacks.

Yeah after reading your comments I feel a bit embarrassed.:o I made an oops! I wasn't thinking of the people that aren't familiar with Ron Paul when I made this. I just wanted to show how the media is using the same buzz words over and over again with regard to RP. I guess because I already knew his stance on each of those issues it completely slipped my mind that the average person would not know.

Anyway I changed the video to unlisted which means unless someone has the exact link they will not be able to see it. It won't show up on my user page or search results etc. I'm hoping my sin will be forgiven.

HarrySeaward
05-17-2011, 08:05 AM
Great job.

In my view, it's perfectly legitimate for reporters to ask politicians these kinds of questions; my problem with it, and the only reason these types of comments and questions constitute "attacks," is because they never subject pro-government politicians to the same treatment.

Thanks. I feel the same way.

Mark4RonPaul
05-17-2011, 12:36 PM
Maybe you or someone should make a response video countering and responding to all the attacks

I think that's exactly what I'll do. I've been planning on making a few sequels to my "Typical conversation about Ron Paul" video I made with XtraNormal.com. This will be helpful in lining up new attacks that need responses.

Mark.