PDA

View Full Version : Doug Wead calls Ron Paul his "Favorite" Candidate but Says T-Paw has Clear Path to W.H.

bobbyw24
05-16-2011, 07:01 PM
Tim Pawlenty Has Clear Path to White House

Then there is my favorite, Ron Paul. He is the tea party constitutional GOP candidate. But Ron Paul has done such a good job of changing the discourse in the nation that he has inspired other libertarians into the race. Former New Mexico governor, Gary Johnson is in and Congresswoman Michele Bachmann may soon announce. It will split the emerging GOP libertarian vote into three pieces. Again, while Pawlenty has the massive born-againers vote all to himself.

http://www.newsmax.com/DougWead/tim-pawlenty-sarahpalin-michele/2011/05/16/id/396470

sailingaway
05-16-2011, 07:07 PM
He said he hs 'a' clear path. But I'd think born again voters would like Ron better. Why Pawlenty? Born agains like boring?

smartguy911
05-16-2011, 07:08 PM
Why is he going to get all votes? Is he the only Christian running? I don't get this BS. Just because Dr. Paul doesn't go around rubbing his beliefs in people's face doesn't mean he is not a Christian. Heck Dr. Paul is prob the most conservative out of them all.

Somebody needs to tell Dr. Paul to start talking about his religion, God etc.

sailingaway
05-16-2011, 07:10 PM
Why is he going to get all votes? Is he the only Christian running? I don't get this BS. Just because Dr. Paul doesn't go around rubbing his beliefs in people's face doesn't mean he is not a Christian. Heck Dr. Paul is prob the most conservative out of them all.

Ahem: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?293309-Ron-Paul-Faith-and-Religious-Views-quot-I-get-to-my-God-through-Christ%85-the-Prince-of-Peace.-quot

bobbyw24
05-16-2011, 07:14 PM
T-Paw's CPAC speech sounded like Huckabee was talking

Pawlenty’s speech at CPAC includes a call to turn to God, several digs on Obama
By Andy Birkey | 02.11.11 | 5:53 pm | More from The Minnesota Independent

Former Gov. Tim Pawlenty gave his stump speech to conservatives gathered at CPAC Friday afternoon by offering up a series of digs at Barack Obama. He angrily told the president to stop apologizing for America and listed the Muslim Brotherhood as one of America’s adversaries.

http://washingtonindependent.com/105531/pawlentys-speech-at-cpac-includes-a-call-to-turn-to-god-several-digs-on-obama

HarryBrowneLives
05-16-2011, 07:21 PM
I guess it all depends on who's hand is up his back and who's pulling the strings on the TPaw doll at the time. I've never seen a more plastic, fake, over-coached, candidate in my life. Might fit in well in IA though, who knows.:rolleyes:

Lovecraftian4Paul
05-16-2011, 07:28 PM
This new image of the hyper-Biblical Pawlenty is a strange one, in my book. I can't recall any of the social conservatives and devout types I've known getting behind him with great enthusiasm when he was Governor of my state. Of course, they voted for him over Democrats, but there was no zeal, no passion.

I think (and I hope) Pawlenty goes out much like he did as Gov - with a yawn. I just don't see him getting a dedicated political base of any kind.

torchbearer
05-16-2011, 07:31 PM
we need to stomp some ass in the ames straw poll.
how much calvary do we need to out-flank the pretenders?

S.Shorland
05-16-2011, 07:34 PM
Well stop calling him anything other than his full length name for a start (if we have to use his name at all).Ron Paul is the only one with a nice,short name so that's why they abbreviate the opposition's.Also,how is Bachmann a Libertarian?

speciallyblend
05-16-2011, 07:35 PM
tells me doug wead sold out to gop establishment!

rp08orbust
05-16-2011, 07:39 PM

I think this is Doug's way of doing just that.

ctiger2
05-16-2011, 07:49 PM
Bachmann is not a libertarian. She's a female W. Bush with her humble foreign policy.

PaulConventionWV
05-16-2011, 08:52 PM
I've never seen a more plastic, fake, over-coached, candidate in my life.

Haha I said pretty much the exact same thing a while ago. To the letter.

PaulConventionWV
05-16-2011, 08:55 PM
we need to stomp some ass in the ames straw poll.
how much calvary do we need to out-flank the pretenders?

I don't think Calvary will be very useful. The election doesn't really have much to do with Christ's crucifixion. The cavalry, however...

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

torchbearer
05-16-2011, 09:03 PM
I don't think Calvary will be very useful. The election doesn't really have much to do with Christ's crucifixion. The cavalry, however...

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

i ment cavalry. you know that.