PDA

View Full Version : Please list all important dates/events this campaign cycle.

teacherone
05-16-2011, 05:07 PM
--I will order them chronologically and get them up with addresses and times at www.ronpaulrides.com

--I'm talking debates, straw polls, rallies, marches, protests .... anything any ron paul supporter would like to witness firsthand.

teacherone
05-19-2011, 08:45 AM
bump! need more events!

so far i've got:

RLC New Orleans
Ames Iowa Straw Poll
Presidency5 Orlando Straw Poll
Value Voters Summit D.C.
LPAC, Reno NV

hillertexas
05-19-2011, 08:48 AM
I know this isn't a rally, debate, or poll....but I thought I would put it here

2012 Primary Schedule
Note: Some of these dates are tentative as some states are will messing with their primary dates to jockey for a superior position.
Monday, January 16, 2012: Iowa caucuses
Tuesday, January 24: New Hampshire
Saturday, January 28: Nevada caucuses, South Carolina
Tuesday, January 31: Florida
Tuesday, February 7 (Super Tuesday): Alabama, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Delaware, Georgia, Illinois, Missouri, Montana Republican caucuses, New Jersey, New York, Oklahoma, Tennessee and Utah
Saturday, February 11: Louisiana
Tuesday, February 14: Maryland
Tuesday, February 21: Hawaii Republican caucuses, Wisconsin
Tuesday, February 28: Arizona, Michigan
Tuesday, March 6: Minnesota caucuses, Massachusetts, Ohio, Rhode Island, Texas, Vermont, Virginia
Tuesday, March 13: Mississippi
Tuesday, March 20: Colorado caucuses, Illinois
Tuesday, April 24: Pennsylvania
Tuesday, May 8: Indiana, North Carolina and West Virginia
Tuesday, May 15: Nebraska, Oregon
Tuesday, May 22: Arkansas, Idaho, Kentucky
Tuesday, June 5: Montana, New Mexico and South Dakota

More information on the 2012 Republican Primary schedule and the changes which will happen to the 2012 schedule:
KANSAS CITY, MO. — The Republican National Committee adopted a new schedule for the 2012 presidential primaries Friday, agreeing to a plan worked out in concert with Democrats and designed to delay the start of the campaign season. The proposal, drafted by a special RNC panel, gained approval from more than the necessary two-thirds of the committee's 168 members. Party leaders hailed the vote as a historic change in the presidential selection process, one that would avoid the development of a single national primary in which states choose to hold their nominating contests on the same day. The new schedule is designed to make it difficult for a candidate to rack up an insurmountable number of delegates early in the process, forcing candidates to campaign across the country.
Under the new schedule, no state would hold a primary or caucus before the first Tuesday in February 2012, in attempt to avoid a repetition of 2008, when the Iowa caucuses were held Jan. 3. Iowa and New Hampshire would retain their status as the nation's first contests, held in February, joined by South Carolina and Nevada. Other contests would generally be held in April or later, although states would have the option of holding votes in March, provided convention delegates chosen at those elections were awarded to candidates in proportion to the percentage of the vote they received, rather than in a winner-take-all system.

teacherone
05-19-2011, 08:50 AM
I know this isn't a rally, debate, or poll but I thought I would put it here

thanks so much! which ones would people need to get rides to if they didn't have transportation?

hillertexas
05-19-2011, 08:54 AM
thanks so much! which ones would people need to get rides to if they didn't have transportation?

My thought was that maybe the ronpaulrides project could also help with rides on primary day. Taking voters that have no ride to and from the polls. Something to maybe consider. LOL... like a liberty taxi. If I come across any schedules for other events, I'll post them here.

teacherone
05-19-2011, 08:58 AM
My thought was that maybe the ronpaulrides project could also help with rides on primary day. Taking voters that have no ride to and from the polls. Something to maybe consider. LOL... like a liberty taxi. If I come across any schedules for other events, I'll post them here.

awesome! +rep!

but don't most people have voting places close by?

hillertexas
05-19-2011, 09:07 AM
awesome! +rep!

but don't most people have voting places close by?

Close by, yes. But reachable? Maybe. I'm thinking elderly, poor, etc. Hell, a blizzard the night before the primary will ensure people stay home if not prodded. If I am remembering correctly from last time... As people went door to door, if they were receptive to Ron, they would get the voters contact info. Then closer to the primary, they would get a call asking if we could still count on them. If so, they would get the exact info on where they need to go to vote and were asked if they were able to get to their polling place. If not, a list of voters who need assistance is made...

The reason I keep saying "if they are receptive to Ron...", etc. is because we are not running a charity :)

tangent4ronpaul
05-19-2011, 09:09 AM

Well, hopefully prior to these:

Monday, January 16, 2012: Iowa caucuses
Tuesday, January 24: New Hampshire
Saturday, January 28: Nevada caucuses, South Carolina
Tuesday, January 31: Florida

After that it's Super Tuesday and if someones state votes late, they might go to one of those states to campaign, but really Iowa - Florida is the chance to throw national manpower at these elections, and then people turn into lemmings ...

Also, Iowa - Florida should all have early straw polls but everyone here is ignoring everything past Iowa. :(

-t

teacherone
05-19-2011, 09:11 AM
i've got this http://www.presidency5.com/ down under florida.

are there other events that we need on there tangent?

tangent4ronpaul
05-19-2011, 09:16 AM
There is a list of Important 2011 Dates here:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?276530-Important-2011-Dates

teacherone
05-19-2011, 09:18 AM
There is a list of Important 2011 Dates here:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?276530-Important-2011-Dates

perfect!

tsai3904
05-19-2011, 09:26 AM
perfect!

That list needs two updates:

The September 14 debate at the Ronald Reagan Library has been moved to September 7.

The CNN/Tea Party Express debate that was scheduled for the week of September 5 has been scheduled for September 12.