PDA

View Full Version : Awesome idea! Ron Paul door to door campaign app. Please help this guy!

HarryBrowneLives
05-16-2011, 03:49 PM
http://www.dailypaul.com/164890/ron-paul-door-to-door-campaigner-ipad-app

This is a fantastic idea, but I have no skills to help. If others on here do, please get with this guy on Dailypaul.

fcofer
05-16-2011, 04:52 PM
Looks like a good idea. Bumped.

afwjam
05-16-2011, 04:56 PM
Awesome idea, I hope we can make this happen.

ionlyknowy
05-16-2011, 05:08 PM
I love this idea as well. BUT I would add 1 thing. If the person at a house would need a ride on election day, then there should be a list you can put them on so the campaign will know where to go to pick them up and at what time etc.

So you go to their house, ask them if they support paul, if yes, then ask if they would need a ride on election day, if yes, then mark their address for pick up on that day. etc.

ionlyknowy
05-16-2011, 05:10 PM
I love this idea as well. BUT I would add 1 thing. If the person at a house would need a ride on election day, then there should be a list you can put them on so the campaign will know where to go to pick them up and at what time etc.

So you go to their house, ask them if they support paul, if yes, then ask if they would need a ride on election day, if yes, then mark their address for pick up on that day. etc.

We could literally canvas the entire country and have every voter that needs a ride on one list for the campaign. Wouldnt that be awesome! This would be the ultimate get out the vote campaign in history. Centralized databases, IPAD app, think of the efficiency of this wow.

QueenB4Liberty
05-16-2011, 05:45 PM
That is a great idea, don't make it exclusive to the iPad though, some of us only have iPhones. :p

RonPaulVolunteer
05-16-2011, 05:49 PM
I am happy to help with Human Interface Design, a speciality of mine.

speciallyblend
05-16-2011, 05:56 PM
make it happen
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GylirgHFqeQ

Kenny Tan
05-16-2011, 05:58 PM
I have some programming experience but not in iOS. I'd be happy to volunteer for beta testing though.

UtahApocalypse
05-16-2011, 06:08 PM
That is a great idea, don't make it exclusive to the iPad though, some of us only have iPhones. :p

Some of us hate Apple and only have Android.

ionlyknowy
05-16-2011, 06:16 PM
Some of us hate Apple and only have Android.

it can easily be ported to android. there is a guy in the comments on the dailypaul article in op that says he will port the final version. get his contact info and done and done. :)

nullvalu
05-16-2011, 06:25 PM
Why not make it web-based? Then it works on all platforms. Problem solved and now just about any developer can work on it.

dustinto
05-16-2011, 06:32 PM
Why not make it web-based? Then it works on all platforms. Problem solved and now just about any developer can work on it.

I think the main advantage to making this an actual iPad (and/or Android) app is overall usability.
- Browser loading can be a issue.
- The ability to make this an offline application (that syncs before and after use)

I do agree that making this a web-based application is a good idea, but with an API that could be used by an iPad/Android app.

Nate-ForLiberty
05-16-2011, 06:32 PM
excellent idea!

(really glad it's not called the "Door-to-Door Campaigning Ipad App BOMB")

extrmmxer
05-16-2011, 06:38 PM
I work with GIS (Geographical Information Systems). Let me know if there's anything I can do. I could build all types of maps. However, I have no app experience.

HarryBrowneLives
05-16-2011, 06:54 PM
I'm not a real tech savy guy, but the possiblities with this idea are incredible. Ames Straw Poll, IA, NH GOTV. This could be a GAME CHANGER as big or bigger than the Money Bomb. If you can help please do ...

dustinto
05-16-2011, 06:59 PM
I think we should form a "group" of software engineers / developers / programmers. I'm a code monkey and I suspect there are quite a few others.

There are other projects out there like the Call4Paul h ttp://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?293327-We-need-to-bring-back-Call4Paul-the-best-way-to-reach-voters that might be tied to this app and are in need to developers to work on it.

nullvalu
05-16-2011, 07:04 PM
I think we should form a "group" of software engineers / developers / programmers. I'm a code monkey and I suspect there are quite a few others

Count me in.. Just volunteered to help out with Call4Paul too

speciallyblend
05-16-2011, 10:16 PM
bump

speciallyblend
05-16-2011, 10:24 PM
ron paulin

RonPaulVolunteer
05-16-2011, 10:24 PM
We really need to get this made compiled and posted on the app store. Who's a coder and ready to start the XCode project?