PDA

View Full Version : TAKE ACTION NOW!! NEW 'POLL'. Support Ron Paul's "American Freedom Agenda Act"

danda
10-27-2007, 07:23 PM
DownsizeDC has an online form for petitioning your congressman to support the "American Freedom Agenda Act" which was introduced by ... Ron Paul!

This is a super simple way to show your support for important legistlation that could restore some of the freedoms we've lost in the past 6 years.

It is also a way to flex our muscle in a 'poll' that really counts, and show those congress critters what the Ron Paul Revolution is all about.

http://action.downsizedc.org/wyc.php?cid=82

Nefertiti
10-27-2007, 07:40 PM
While I was out collecting sigs to get RP on the ballot today, I met a woman who doesn't plan to vote for him but told me that she has been printing out fliers about this bill and giving them to all her friends.

DrNoZone
10-27-2007, 07:41 PM
Yes, get over to DownsizeDC and participate in this! I regularly participate in their petitions and whatnot. A great group!

bbachtung
10-27-2007, 08:05 PM
While I was out collecting sigs to get RP on the ballot today, I met a woman who doesn't plan to vote for him but told me that she has been printing out fliers about this bill and giving them to all her friends.

That is very cool; thanks for getting out there and doing something for the campaign.

realitywiz
10-27-2007, 08:32 PM
DownsizeDC is great... join them. They're making a big difference. Also check out their proposed Read the Bills Act -- this would force members of Congress to actually READ the bills they pass. The way laws are passed currently is a joke.

___

centure7
10-27-2007, 08:37 PM
DownsizeDC is great... join them. They're making a big difference. Also check out their proposed Read the Bills Act -- this would force members of Congress to actually READ the bills they pass. The way laws are passed currently is a joke.

___

I think one thing we can do to give Paul's campaign legs is to start writing our congress about these issues... particularly when Ron Paul is one of the main authors. I think it would best be started through the meetup-groups. I'll be sure to mention this when I'm at an event for my group.

realitywiz
10-27-2007, 08:45 PM
I think one thing we can do to give Paul's campaign legs is to start writing our congress about these issues... particularly when Ron Paul is one of the main authors. I think it would best be started through the meetup-groups. I'll be sure to mention this when I'm at an event for my group.

Yes... we really need to start writing to Congress about all these issues. Joining DownsizeDC is a great way to keep up with what's going on in Congress. They're very active about it.

I'm going to post something about the American Freedom Agenda Act soon. We need to take MASSIVE and UNRELENTING action about this legislation until it passes, period.

___

Tidewise
10-28-2007, 12:04 AM
Join DownSizeDC and tell your congresscritters that unless they support this bill the Ron Paul revolution will sweep them out office.

me3
10-28-2007, 12:05 AM
That's kinda strange. She's really into downsizing government but she's not going to vote for the only candidate who wants to do it. Politics, lol

Roxi
10-28-2007, 12:09 AM
bump

peacemaker
10-29-2007, 09:07 AM
October 29, 2007

Dear Congressman Cannon,

We support the American Freedom Agenda Act of 2007 (HR 3835) and you should too. Please cosponsor this bill.

The American Freedom Agenda Act will restore the checks and balances envisioned by our founding fathers, repeal the Military Commissions Act, prohibit the unconstitutional indefinite detention of citizens and non-citizens, and restore America’s reputation abroad by forbidding torture, among other points.

We are aware of the threats, domestic and foreign, that our country is facing today. However, it is clear to us and other concerned neighbors that our government’s reaction to the events of September 11th, 2001 has been abysmal. We are nearing a police state mentality in the way we are handling issues of justice, freedom of speech, property rights and media control. This trend must stop, and Ron Paul’s American Freedom Agenda Act is the best way to change course.

Please consider this appeal for change and a restoration of what we as Americans hold dear—liberty, justice and pride in our nation. Lawmakers who do not support these most fundamental of American ideals will be held to account.

Thank you,
[signed, me & my wife]

freelance
10-29-2007, 09:09 AM
That's kinda strange. She's really into downsizing government but she's not going to vote for the only candidate who wants to do it. Politics, lol

Look at it as a first step on the journey toward enlightenment.

entropy
10-29-2007, 09:48 AM
letter sent, this is VERY IMPORTANT

margomaps
10-29-2007, 10:59 AM
October 29, 2007

Dear Congressman Cannon,

We support the American Freedom Agenda Act of 2007 (HR 3835) and you should too. Please cosponsor this bill.

The American Freedom Agenda Act will restore the checks and balances envisioned by our founding fathers, repeal the Military Commissions Act, prohibit the unconstitutional indefinite detention of citizens and non-citizens, and restore America’s reputation abroad by forbidding torture, among other points.

We are aware of the threats, domestic and foreign, that our country is facing today. However, it is clear to us and other concerned neighbors that our government’s reaction to the events of September 11th, 2001 has been abysmal. We are nearing a police state mentality in the way we are handling issues of justice, freedom of speech, property rights and media control. This trend must stop, and Ron Paul’s American Freedom Agenda Act is the best way to change course.

Please consider this appeal for change and a restoration of what we as Americans hold dear—liberty, justice and pride in our nation. Lawmakers who do not support these most fundamental of American ideals will be held to account.

Thank you,
[signed, me & my wife]

I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to use your letter as inspiration for the one I'm sending. It will look very, very similar.

Craig_R
10-29-2007, 11:06 AM
done bump