PDA

View Full Version : the same people who made this ad got him elected before

garrettwombat
10-27-2007, 07:13 PM
the same people who made the ad are the same people who makes his ads in texas and he has won 10 times so at least thats something to think about.

we can have the internet portion of ron paul
and old people can have that ugly video.

also... do you think this ad backs up the fact that we are a cult? yes or no?

constitutional
10-27-2007, 07:16 PM
holy science, give this ad a rest.

I'm pretty sure those people running the campaign know what they are doing. They will also have others (different) ads in the future.

Lets do our part! Keep spreading the freedom message!

austin356
10-27-2007, 07:17 PM
Elected to a House seat.

Getting elected PRESIDENT of the US, which is as close to world emperor as one can get, is not even a somewhat close comparison.

Its similar to comparing a dog catcher election in a Mississippi town of 1,000 with a race for Governor of California.

UtahApocalypse
10-27-2007, 07:20 PM
Elected to a House seat.

Getting elected PRESIDENT of the US, which is as close to world emperor as one can get, is not even a somewhat close comparison.

Its similar to comparing a dog catcher election in a Mississippi town of 1,000 with a race for Governor of California.

I disagree. What experience do you have? When did you last run for ANY elected position? Ron Paul has ran, and won 10 terms. I think they are well aware what it takes. The first thing is getting new supporters, not just pleasing the current know-it-all ones.

Taco John
10-27-2007, 07:22 PM
holy science, give this ad a rest.

I'm pretty sure those people running the campaign know what they are doing. They will also have others (different) ads in the future.

Lets do our part! Keep spreading the freedom message!

As far as I'm concerned, this ad shows that they DON'T know what they're doing...

plopolp
10-27-2007, 08:36 PM
The people who vote for Ron Paul in his Texas district, probably see alot more of him that the average American (or NH) citizen does. That's why he wins there all the time.

Replace this horrible ad with 30 seconds of Ron Paul just talking infront of the camera! If you put him behind a nice desk and in a dark suite, he would look more like a president already and that would be enough as "marketing stuff". If people just saw him and heard him, it would be much better than this strange ad thing with strange people walking and sitting and saying non-memorable things and with the camera jumping all over the place.

Those here who say that "old will people like it" are just hoping that there exists a group of people who will like it. And they guess "old people" because they know the least about old people.

(I'm suuure that the Bush administration knows what they are doing in Iraq...)

Vaughn
10-27-2007, 08:39 PM
"I have a request and that is that you stop calling the campaign with your complaints. I have offered to work with them on the critique. This is not set in stone, and can be redone. These are real supporters, not actors. I know most of them. Sure Ron could be smiling, and the script could be better. I am going to watch it carefully and send them my suggestions.
But please stop inundating Kent with phone calls and emails OK?
It would be appreciated.
Thanks.."

Thats the message from the campaign, they understand the criticisms and are looking into it. The ad itself was a rough cut and will be altered. Lets have faith.

wgadget
10-27-2007, 08:49 PM
But the acting is so BAD. If they could just get better acting, it would be passable.

jonahtrainer
10-27-2007, 08:51 PM
As far as I'm concerned, this ad shows that they DON'T know what they're doing...

When I first saw the ad I thought 'hmmm what was the point of that?' Oh, the ad attacks the first major objection people have to politicians; Honesty. Ron Paul is trying to get people to trust him. There is good reason for that .... no one trusts politicians at all.

If you think about it the only reason we support Ron Paul is because we trust he will execute his message.

Buzz
10-27-2007, 08:58 PM
Elected to a House seat.

If this were a one-size-fits-all ad to be broadcast nationally, I'd agree, but it's targeted toward certain demographics within a relatively small area. It's becoming a cliche, but Paul's campaign has done research on their target audience and they have experience with political ad campaigns. The campaign has made a lot of seemingly risky moves before that have paid off immensely... let's just wait and see how the whole thing turns out when all the commercials are released.

Bruehound
10-27-2007, 08:58 PM
Think about how homespun this ad looks in its seemlingly unpolished manner compared with the slick bombardment of Romney. Consider the demographic.

Ron Paul's political team is headed up by Ron Paul himself taking a very hands on role in messaging and presentation. Our guy is sly like a fox and a brilliant political tactician.

Wait, watch and learn... young grasshoppers.

centure7
10-27-2007, 09:01 PM
Garrettwombat, your ideas are appreciated but there are a large number of threads about this exact thing.

Please re-post your message on one of those threads and let this scroll off the boards.