PDA

View Full Version : Australian climate scientist, worked for the AU government, "flips", says AGW is a sham.

Anti Federalist
05-16-2011, 12:49 PM
Climate models go cold

http://opinion.financialpost.com/2011/04/07/climate-models-go-cold/

By David Evans

The debate about global warming has reached ridiculous proportions and is full of micro-thin half-truths and misunderstandings. I am a scientist who was on the carbon gravy train, understands the evidence, was once an alarmist, but am now a skeptic. Watching this issue unfold has been amusing but, lately, worrying. This issue is tearing society apart, making fools out of our politicians.

Let’s set a few things straight.

The whole idea that carbon dioxide is the main cause of the recent global warming is based on a guess that was proved false by empirical evidence during the 1990s. But the gravy train was too big, with too many jobs, industries, trading profits, political careers, and the possibility of world government and total control riding on the outcome. So rather than admit they were wrong, the governments, and their tame climate scientists, now outrageously maintain the fiction that carbon dioxide is a dangerous pollutant.

Read the rest at link...

PaulConventionWV
05-16-2011, 03:34 PM
I couldn't agree more. I sent this to my liberal climate change-believing friend and he gave me a blog link that attacked the scientist rather than discussing the science. He always does that!

Dr.3D
05-16-2011, 03:38 PM
I couldn't agree more. I sent this to my liberal climate change-believing friend and he gave me a blog link that attacked the scientist rather than discussing the science. He always does that!

I believe that's because they are brain dead. If they had half a brain, they would be able to see through the smoke and mirrors.

PaulConventionWV
05-16-2011, 03:49 PM
I believe that's because they are brain dead. If they had half a brain, they would be able to see through the smoke and mirrors.

Haha true that. The guy was actually a very good student and was honored at his graduation ceremony, but it is my experience that the people who are the most booksmart (especially at liberal colleges) are the most resistent to true knowledge. This concept would blow their minds.

Lucille
05-16-2011, 04:06 PM
Gang Green (http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/88149.html).