PDA

View Full Version : Mississippi Flood Victims

Working Poor
05-16-2011, 11:34 AM
I thought ya'll might be interested in reading what libs are saying about Ron on the flooding

http://mweaver1.newsvine.com/_news/2011/05/16/6652415-ron-paul-tells-mississippi-flood-victims-to-build-their-own-levees?last=1305565134&threadId=3128350&sp=0&pc=25#last_2

wizardwatson
05-16-2011, 11:58 AM
More stupid one-sided assertions that enacting some of RP's positions will somehow allow people to suffer, to be killed, to not get help, etc. more so than under the status quo.

Ron Paul is against government built flood walls because he wants you to drown.
Ron Paul is against the welfare state because he wants you to starve.
Ron Paul is against public education because he wants your kids to be stupid and poor.
Ron Paul wants to end the Fed so you won't be able to have any money to buy anything.
Ron Paul is against foreign interventionism because he wants Muslim extremists to cross the border, enter your home at dinner time and decapitate you in front of your children.

Anti Federalist
05-16-2011, 12:03 PM
LoL - it's the opening of government controlled spillways that is causing much of the flooding.

Flooding in Cajun Country

Posted by Lew Rockwell on May 16, 2011 08:54 AM

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/88267.html

Writes James Dunlap:

The flooding of the Atchafalaya Basin is being treated here as a “natural disaster.” The Morganza Spillway, whose floodgates were recently opened, was a man-made pork barrel project built in the 1950s in order to prevent the natural flow of the Mississippi River toward the Atchafalaya River and away from New Orleans and its concentration of shipping and petroleum interests. The construction of this spillway held back the waters for the last half century, only being opened once in 1973. This government project removed the disincentive to settle the area. Over the years people built houses, set up farms, went hunting and fishing, trapped crawfish, and nurtured a “lifestyle” related to the swamp and its environs. Now, with the hoisting of the spillway gates by government officials, including an Army Corps of Engineers general in full camo battle fatigues, the entire Atchafalaya Basin may be underwater.

Working Poor
05-16-2011, 02:21 PM
LoL - it's the opening of government controlled spillways that is causing much of the flooding.

Flooding in Cajun Country

Posted by Lew Rockwell on May 16, 2011 08:54 AM

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/88267.html

Writes James Dunlap:

The flooding of the Atchafalaya Basin is being treated here as a “natural disaster.” The Morganza Spillway, whose floodgates were recently opened, was a man-made pork barrel project built in the 1950s in order to prevent the natural flow of the Mississippi River toward the Atchafalaya River and away from New Orleans and its concentration of shipping and petroleum interests. The construction of this spillway held back the waters for the last half century, only being opened once in 1973. This government project removed the disincentive to settle the area. Over the years people built houses, set up farms, went hunting and fishing, trapped crawfish, and nurtured a “lifestyle” related to the swamp and its environs. Now, with the hoisting of the spillway gates by government officials, including an Army Corps of Engineers general in full camo battle fatigues, the entire Atchafalaya Basin may be underwater.

^^I thew that at them over there I can't wait to see the replies...

COpatriot
05-16-2011, 02:39 PM
Wait, I thought the floods were God's punishment for Mississippi's open tolerance of gays.

bwlibertyman
05-16-2011, 02:48 PM
Does anyone think it's funny how the Obamas made commercials telling people to donate to Haiti during the earthquake but not to donate to Americans during these floods?

Anti Federalist
05-16-2011, 02:55 PM
Does anyone think it's funny how the Obamas made commercials telling people to donate to Haiti during the earthquake but not to donate to Americans during these floods?

Wait, wut?

Did he actually come out and say "do not donate"?

Or has he just been silent?

bwlibertyman
05-16-2011, 02:58 PM
Yeah I guess my grammar is wrong. No, he hasn't told people not to donate but there are no commercials to tell people to donate to the Mississippi flood region like they did for Haiti.