PDA

View Full Version : Is Carlos Santana Against States Rights or What?

bobbyw24
05-16-2011, 11:26 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/video/player/news/Sports_Minute/25215807

Valli6
05-16-2011, 11:28 AM
So is he also bashing California for allowing medical marijuana?

JacobG18
05-16-2011, 11:29 AM
who cares?

bobbyw24
05-16-2011, 11:30 AM
who cares?

Straight up.

Sola_Fide
05-16-2011, 11:30 AM
Who?

acptulsa
05-16-2011, 11:31 AM
Ask him if he's ever heard of the Zappa album named 'Shut Up and Play Yer Guitar'.

TheNcredibleEgg
05-16-2011, 11:31 AM
You are taking his words out of context.

He didn't say he didn't believe in states' rights. He said he was against the anti-illegal immigration laws passed by GA and AZ, and they should be ashamed on themselves.

It'd be no different than him saying GA should be ashamed of the Jim Crow Laws - back in the day.

(That being said - he may not believe in states' rights - but he didn't say so in the video.)

bobbyw24
05-16-2011, 11:36 AM
You are taking his words out of context.

He didn't say he didn't believe in states' rights. He said he was against the anti-illegal immigration laws passed by GA and AZ, and they should be ashamed on themselves.

It'd be no different than him saying GA should be ashamed of the Jim Crow Laws - back in the day.

(That being said - he may not believe in states' rights - but he didn't say so in the video.)

Just for you I will change my title. LOL

Tell me Mr. Egg--do you think Carlos believes in the Civil Rights Act of 1964?

Zatch
05-16-2011, 11:41 AM
So is he also bashing California for allowing medical marijuana?

Better question: Is he bashing Mexico for its harsh immigration policies?

bobbyw24
05-16-2011, 11:42 AM
Better question: Is he bashing Mexico for its harsh immigration policies?

Of course not--he is an American!

suoulfrepus
05-16-2011, 11:42 AM
I don't like the Arizona and Georgia laws either. I'm not against states' rights. In fact, I'd like to see the federal government dismantled and power devolved from the states to the counties or lower.

TheNcredibleEgg
05-16-2011, 11:44 AM
Tell me Mr. Egg--do you think Carlos believes in the Civil Rights Act of 1964?

I would (unfortunately) guess he's like most people.

He is for states' rights when it works in his favor. Against them when they don't.

So, yes, he's probably for the CRA - and (for instance) probably for state rights in marijuana. Typical hyprocrisy that makes up the majority of people.

bobbyw24
05-16-2011, 11:48 AM
So, yes, he's probably for the CRA - and (for instance) probably for state rights in marijuana. Typical hyprocrisy that makes up the majority of people.

True and sad

Lucille
05-16-2011, 01:12 PM
LOL @ Gillespie:

Carlos Santana: Passing Laws Against Illegal Immigrants is Shameful; Lionizing Murderous Scumbags Like Che, Not So Much (http://reason.com/blog/2011/05/16/carlos-santana-passing-laws-ag)

And yet, I'd like to push Carlos Santana to be a little more consistent in his support for the "human race." I'm not suggesting that he buy up and destroy all existing copies of "Winning" (though that would be a kind gesture for sure). But he really ought rethink his asinine and juvenile romance of Che Guevara, the oh-so-glamorous butcher of La Cabana prison, architect of Cuba's in-the-shitter economy, and so much more misery around the globe.

bobbyw24
05-16-2011, 04:23 PM
If the U.S. had 12-20 million illegal aliens from Sweden, would Carlos be bitching about these laws?

Feeding the Abscess
05-16-2011, 04:34 PM
Cleveland Indians catcher > guitar player

AlexanderY
05-16-2011, 04:49 PM
If the U.S. had 12-20 million illegal aliens from Sweden, would Carlos be bitching about these laws?

Would any state even pass an immigration law?

bobbyw24
05-16-2011, 04:51 PM
Would any state even pass an immigration law?

New Mexico? LOL

bobbyw24
05-16-2011, 04:53 PM
So Santana is a Latino Collectivist???

MelissaWV
05-16-2011, 04:55 PM

There is a lot of that going around.

AlexanderY
05-16-2011, 04:56 PM
New Mexico? LOL

I've never been to New Mexico, but I don't think they would have a problem with Swedes, not to many people in the world do.

nolvorite
05-16-2011, 04:56 PM
Of course not--he is an American!I lol'd. xD

bobbyw24
05-16-2011, 04:59 PM
I've never been to New Mexico, but I don't think they would have a problem with Swedes, not to many people in the world do.

Swedes must be very nice people--or very nice looking.;)

AlexanderY
05-16-2011, 05:02 PM
There is a lot of that going around.

th

bobbyw24
05-16-2011, 05:04 PM
They're a big ol' monolithic group according the media.

All these politicians seem to want to court "Latino voters" by touting their immigration credentials.

I mean we're all the same, right?

We all know know they only care about immigration, and not the Federal Reserve, perpetual war, and the police state.

They love getting their sac squeezed by TSA agents.

Ha ha. Are you the same AlexanderY that wrote that great piece about your family over at the Daily Paul? If so, please link it here as it is as inspirational as it is eye-opening for many people who think the way you noted in this post.

AlexanderY
05-16-2011, 05:09 PM
Ha ha. Are you the same AlexanderY that wrote that great piece about your family over at the Daily Paul? If so, please link it here as it is as inspirational as it is eye-opening for many people who think the way you noted in this post.

I frequent the Daily Paul, but I don't post there though. Must be some other guy.

1000-points-of-fright
05-16-2011, 05:10 PM

He's a Human Collectivist. Apparently, he represents the human race and now speaks for all of us.

bobbyw24
05-16-2011, 05:11 PM
I frequent the Daily Paul, but I don't post there though. Must be some other guy.

Sorry-I think it was our own Alex Merced.

Here's the thread:

I am a mexican american voter right here. 4th generation.Im working on informing other cousins,and my own parents will be voting Ron Paul .my grandfather was a proud american and a peaceful man,he cherished his liberty when he came here in 1916 and so do I and I never take it for granted.

http://www.dailypaul.com/164797/to-hispanic-voters-why-you-should-support-ron-paul-for-president-in-2012#comment-1739621

schiffheadbaby
05-16-2011, 05:11 PM
He's a Human Collectivist. Apparently, he represents the human race and now speaks for all of us.

this is what RP is up against, aside from all the freeloaders and neocons we have a huge amount of hispanics who want amnesty so their buddies can come here and breed like rabbits and consumer our tax base. Great, I'm so bullish.

AlexanderY
05-16-2011, 05:59 PM
Sorry-I think it was our own Alex Merced.

Here's the thread:

I am a mexican american voter right here. 4th generation.Im working on informing other cousins,and my own parents will be voting Ron Paul .my grandfather was a proud american and a peaceful man,he cherished his liberty when he came here in 1916 and so do I and I never take it for granted.

http://www.dailypaul.com/164797/to-hispanic-voters-why-you-should-support-ron-paul-for-president-in-2012#comment-1739621

MelissaWV
05-16-2011, 08:00 PM
AlexMerced is not 4th generation Mexican, per his last video.

Brian4Liberty
05-16-2011, 08:26 PM
Carlos is not unbiased on this topic. A friend of mine sat next to him the other night at a dinner/jazz club. They didn't discuss immigration though.

Part of "social tolerance," of course, is uncritical and unlimited devotion to open borders; as in the case of most left liberals and all neocons, any proposal for any reason to restrict immigration or even to curb the flow of illegals, is automatically and hysterically denounced as racist, fascist, sexist, heterosexist, xenophobic, and the rest of the panoply of smear terms that lie close to hand. (Although neocons seem, oddly enough, to make a glaring exception for what they loosely call "Arab terrorists.") - Murray Rothbard

http://www.lewrockwell.com/rothbard/ir/Ch16.html

Johncjackson
05-16-2011, 09:32 PM
States don't have rights. People do.

bobbyw24
05-17-2011, 04:46 AM
AlexMerced is not 4th generation Mexican, per his last video.

Correct--that was anpther Dailypauler who said that. Thanks

bobbyw24
05-17-2011, 10:21 AM
Hate Speech against new Georgia law tarnishes Civil Rights ceremony at Braves game

By Roy Beck, Monday, May 16, 2011, 10:20 AM EDT

Rock guitarist Carlos Santana may have reached a new low in hate speech against American workers when he took to a microphone on the field before the Atlanta Braves-Philadelphia Phillies game yesterday.

In response to being given a civil rights award, Santana indicated that unemployed Black, Hispanic and White Americans who want jobs held by illegal aliens are as racist as those who turned the hoses and dogs on Martin Luther King and civil rights protesters in the 1960s.

His voice echoing through the stadium sound system, Mexican-born Santana told the pre-game baseball crowd in Atlanta that they should be ashamed of themselves for allowing their state officials to enact a law that requires businesses to use E-Verify to ensure that jobs go to legal workers.

I represent the human race. The people of Arizona, the people of Atlanta, Georgia, you should be ashamed of yourselves.

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported that Santana met with media after the game started and expanded upon his hatred of unemployed Americans. He said Georgia's new E-Verify law is based on racism and economic anxiety.

This is about fear, that people are going to steal my job. No we ain’t. You don’t clean toilets and clean sheets, stop shucking and jiving.

Wow! First, I'm impressed that he uses the "we" to identify himself with the illegal foreign workers. And he uses the "you" to address the Black, Hispanic and White Americans who are unemployed and are complaining about an estimated 425,000 illegal foreign workers and dependents in Georgia competing in the labor market.

But Santana, like most pro-illegal-immigration activists, doesn't have the slightest idea about the reality of American workers.

http://www.numbersusa.com/content/nusablog/beckr/may-16-2011/hate-speech-against-new-georgia-law-tarnishes-civil-rights-ceremony-brave