PDA

View Full Version : Trump is OUT

tangent4ronpaul
05-16-2011, 11:06 AM
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/entertainment/post/2011/05/donald-trump-wont-run-for-president-/1
[mod added link]

mods moved the original post to oposing candidates subforum in under 5 min of announcement - do not know why....

Dr.3D
05-16-2011, 11:09 AM
Never thought he would be IN.

pcosmar
05-16-2011, 11:13 AM
Good. Never expected it to go beyond theatrics anyway.
Glad it is out of the way.

Bryan
05-16-2011, 11:15 AM
Good news. Mods aren't perfect- but I agree this is big enough news to go here.

tangent4ronpaul
05-16-2011, 11:15 AM
Like Huck, - I bet his network put pressure on him about announcing the next season

JamesButabi
05-16-2011, 11:19 AM
Good, less people for MSM to put ahead of Ron in polling. Pretty soon they will have to create new candidates in order to exclude him.

liberalnurse
05-16-2011, 11:21 AM
good, less people for msm to put ahead of ron in polling. Pretty soon they will have to create new candidates in order to exclude him.

lol Thanks I needed that.

dbill27
05-16-2011, 11:21 AM
This was predictable. Trump's sideshow is finally over.

pcosmar
05-16-2011, 11:27 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNQRfBAzSzo

AuH20
05-16-2011, 11:29 AM
He did his job to help out his buddy Barack. Not surprised at all. Trump is a snake.

Romulus
05-16-2011, 11:31 AM
Good news! We are building momentum...

BlutStein
05-16-2011, 11:36 AM
Do I hear Palin? Good thing comes in threes and if we could go ahead and get her out of the way as well, it would really free up the field of obstacles.

Kregisen
05-16-2011, 11:41 AM
I have a feeling this race will be between only Romney vs. Pawlenty vs. Gingrich vs. Paul

MelissaCato
05-16-2011, 11:48 AM
He'll endorse Ron Paul, he just doesn't know it yet. (lol) :cool:

/joke

speciallyblend
05-16-2011, 12:18 PM
he was never in, his supporters are proof on why this country and the gop is f'ed!!

Liberty4life
05-16-2011, 12:34 PM
Starting to look like Ron is flexing and the ranks are thinning.

TastyWheat
05-16-2011, 12:38 PM
Aside from Palin bowing out I don't think we need to thin the herd any more. One-on-one it'll be difficult to beat out Gingrich and Romney. Someone, preferably Ron, needs to siphon off some of those votes.

Anti Federalist
05-16-2011, 12:58 PM
Aside from Palin bowing out I don't think we need to thin the herd any more. One-on-one it'll be difficult to beat out Gingrich and Romney. Someone, preferably Ron, needs to siphon off some of those votes.

Meh, I don't see it that way.

Let's have this a straight up, one on one, mano a mano conflict.

Freedom or slavery.

War or peace.

In the words of the great Roger Waters, "We're gonna find out where you fans really stand". LoL

FreedomProsperityPeace
05-16-2011, 04:58 PM
I don't know about Gingrich. He just put another nail in his coffin, calling Paul Ryan's plan "social engineering from the right", or some silly thing. Conservatives are trashing him now. :D

ssantoro
05-16-2011, 05:38 PM
I knew he wasn't going to run but good riddance to bad rubbish.

Kregisen
05-16-2011, 05:42 PM

I disagree....the more I think about it the more I want this to be as few people as possible. Tons of republicans hate Romney, and they probably don't hate Ron Paul but let's say for example most of Romney haters still don't really like Ron's foreign policy....with 3rd or 4th candidate, they'll find someone else. (Romney vs. Paul, I would bet my money on Ron winning....yes, for real.)

If we can get this down to a few players, such as Romney, Pawlenty and Gingrich (all supported TARP, pawlenty + gingrich both supported cap-n-trade, Romney has romneycare, gun bans, etc) - we COULD win. There is no fucking way after supposedly 40% of america being in the "tea party" that the republicans elect some big government guy. I will not believe it. Every candidate running is absolutely terrible, I love our chances as long as more people don't jump in...and frankly, I'm liking that Osama was killed just now and Obama got his approval boosted. It stops many republicans from even trying to run. Good for Ron.

Agorism
05-16-2011, 06:06 PM
How can we get him to endorse Paul lol.

TCE
05-16-2011, 06:11 PM
I'm sure Trump got a nice monetary boost from his theatrics, and at the end of the day, that's probably all he was after. I can't forget his "Ron Paul isn't electable" swipe, but it's not like we are his target audience anyway. As someone who likes statistics, it is preferable to me for there to be as few people as possible, that way Ron's message isn't diluted. Look for Pawlenty to be a candidate on the rise, though. His closest competition has bowed out and he will be the establishment's pick.

Peace&Freedom
05-16-2011, 06:25 PM
Paul has to go for the gettable voting groups that are out there now that the herd has thinned, and stop hoping to get them by passive means. Despite his differences with social conservatives on war et al, he can appeal to them if he brings up his resume (pro-life, supported DOMA, etc). But that group will likely not seek to find out about that resume if he doesn't emphasize it (just as in 2007), and simply latch on to who ever is pitching themselves to the Christian right. Paul has to REACH out to them if he's trying to win this time, as opposed to just educating folks about his main issues.

Kregisen
05-16-2011, 06:40 PM
Paul has to go for the gettable voting groups that are out there now that the herd has thinned, and stop hoping to get them by passive means. Despite his differences with social conservatives on war et al, he can appeal to them if he brings up his resume (pro-life, supported DOMA, etc). But that group will likely not seek to find out about that resume if he doesn't emphasize it (just as in 2007), and simply latch on to who ever is pitching themselves to the Christian right. Paul has to REACH out to them if he's trying to win this time, as opposed to just educating folks about his main issues.

Agreed!!